Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

mco home mh8 and hc3

marbellait

Question

i have been using my hc2 with a mc home mh8 thermostat without problems for a long time. i migrated a couple of days ago from my fantastic hc2 to the new hc3. hasnt been a smooth transition, but i finished 99% of the work

i updated my hc3 to firmware 5.030 because tech support told me that these fix would be included in these version. not true... hc3 recognizes the mh8, but nothing is working. the diagnostic tools shows these device has no template.

with the hc2 i was able to turn it on/off, swap from cold to heat and manage the fan speed. with HC3 none of these options are working. i wrote some LUA code to turn on/off the AC but it didnt work.. any ideas?

20 minutes ago, tinman said:

that's fine, i have access (HC2) to these two hardware versions and can/would check if you add xml to e.g. next beta.

i mean beta HC2, not Alpha HC3 :)

2 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Please generate there xml templates, those from HC3 are different :)

These XML attached above are all generated on HC2 v4.580

Ah, sorry - I assumed that those was generated on HC3 ;)

Guest jfu

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to create LUA code for VD to contol MCO HOME MH8 - fan speed.

In previous HC2 there was a hint after right click with list of possible action for device.

In HC3 ther's no such hint anymore. 

Futhrermore commands have changed, in example in HC2 there was fibaro:getValue(2113, "mode"), now it's fibaro.getValue(2174, "thermostatFanMode").

I assume the same is for setting values, but I can't figgure what is new command to change fan mode.

Any clue?

On 6/13/2020 at 1:08 PM, Guest jfu said:

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to create LUA code for VD to contol MCO HOME MH8 - fan speed.

In previous HC2 there was a hint after right click with list of possible action for device.

In HC3 ther's no such hint anymore. 

Futhrermore commands have changed, in example in HC2 there was fibaro:getValue(2113, "mode"), now it's fibaro.getValue(2174, "thermostatFanMode").

I assume the same is for setting values, but I can't figgure what is new command to change fan mode.

Any clue?

Hi, I'm in the same situation. I would like to turn off the fan when the thermostat is set to "HEAT", I've tried with many tipe of command but didn't work.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 6:16 PM, jonname84 said:

Hi, I'm in the same situation. I would like to turn off the fan when the thermostat is set to "HEAT", I've tried with many tipe of command but didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Hello, I had the same problem. Fan speed can not be controlled by scenes only manually. I wrote scenes in LUA, the code must be without true parameter just delete it. The code looks like this 

hub.call(191, 'setThermostatFanMode', "High") 

1 hour ago, Mirek Kaspar said:

Hello, I had the same problem. Fan speed can not be controlled by scenes only manually. I wrote scenes in LUA, the code must be without true parameter just delete it. The code looks like this 

hub.call(191, 'setThermostatFanMode', "High") 

Please open json table of the device and verify which commands are available.

http:// [HC-IPaddress] /api/devices/191

at the end you should see actions table. Something like that:

"actions": {

"reconfigure": 0,

"toggle": 0,

"turnOff": 0,

"turnOn": 0

}

The table shows available commands for the device, but not theirs values. The value you can see in the same json table under properties:.... value: