Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 - Missing Serial Number & 503 Error after Upgrade

Nutty63

Question

ISSUE 1

My Fibaro HC2 no longer has a Serial Number displayed in Recovery Mode, Configuration Tab and in the Fibaro Finder Home Center app.

Obviously I know what it is, as its on the label underneath, but is there anyway I can re-enter it? - Step by Step if possible???

Perhaps that's why its not getting detected in the cloud for remote access too...?

ISSUE 2

EVERY time I attempt to update the software from v4.180 to v4.530, I get the same 503 Error at the end and if I click Refresh, the error re-appears. If I choose Restart Services, it reboots the HC2 and does not complete the upgrade, still on the same version 4.180.

It appears to be stuck in a Loop!! Any suggestions??

So frustrating....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Nutty63
More info in title

8 answers to this question

Guys, did you have any updates on the above issues you have encountered?  Me and my friend encountered same issues!!  

Jurgen

Try starting (reboot) and then updating your HC2 without the recovery stick.
4.18 is a very old fw and 4.5XX is a completely reworked version where the recovery stick is no longer used (it caused so many problems).
You now make backups to the "cloud" or you can save them locally on your PC.

An alternative is to do a recovery (without recovery stick) and then put everything in again.

Unfortunately, you can not use your backup from 4.18 with version 4.5XX, so it is best to save your scenes etc. to your computer and then copy them back.

• Like 1

Hi @Jurgen Badun , well I have had an HC3 for a while now and that has replaced both my old HC2.
As a controller, I think it is a fast and nice machine. What is lacking is the software, which even after 18 months does not support the promised protocols for 433 MHz and Zigbee.
There are also some annoying beauty flaws in the interface that I hope they fix soon. In addition, it is not possible to configure the international units such as air velocity in m/s and air pressure in hPa.

But if you can ignore these shortcomings, I still think you will be happy with an HC3.
If you write your own scenes in LUA, there is a lot that will be new in HC3, you can not copy your scenes straight off. 

• Like 1

@Jurgen Badun,

If you are happy with HC2 just wait till Fibaro has the 433 Mhz and Zigbee working others your HC2 = almost HC3!

//Sjakie

• Like 2

I'm not sure anymore, but I think version 4.180 still needs the recovery stick.

But maybe I'm wrong