Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Ecobright Ecodim dimmer issues with HC3

okidoki

Question

Hi,

Ik have installed 6 ecobright ecodim dimmers on my Fibaro HC3. These are zwave dimmers, look like regular dimmers as you can also control the light by turning the knob.

After a few weeks the HC3 loses communication with some dimmers, for a reason unknown to me. A soft reconnection fails. Removing the dimmer from the HC3 and re-assign them fails. I have a hard time getting them back into the network.  I even did a factory reset of the dimmer. No luck, I cannot get the dimmer back online. 

Afer 2 days, the next eco dim dimmers fails connection and the same trouble starts al over again.

So far, I cannot get both dimmers back into my HC3 wave network. The dimmers are excluded from the network according to protocol and appear no longer on my device list. Why can't I reassign them?

What am I missing here? 

any help greatly appreciated

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • After removing the dimmers from the power for some time, inclusion worked and the dimmers function fine since may. Till last week. For no reason the dimmer which is located the top floor of the house is not recognized bij the HC3. For no reason. Nothing has changed, no HC3 updates, No new devices added, no old devices removed. I tried to include it again, remove it first, reset it, factory reset, etc.etc. Nothing works, i have to remove the dimmer from the power and unbuild it from the wall socket.

What is happening with this dimmers? Is it the reach/antenna? or is it just broken? It still dims fine. ( they are really great dimmers if they stay online, i'm really happy with them)

Yesterday i included a fibaro wallplug to the network. It was placed tin the wall socket next to the dimmer on the top floor. I was recognised at once and is working fine. So i conclude that there is enough reach to the zwave network. ( on the floors below are also ecodim and qubino dimmers installed which function fine so far).

I had hope that the fibaro plug was going to work as a zwave repeater and therefore enforce the network, but so far no luck with the ecodim.

My next step will be to remove the dimmer form the wall socket and get it of the power to see if i can get it to work at a lower floor. I keep you posted.

Any tips will be appreciated though!

Edited by okidoki

I have the same issue with Ecodim dimmers however with HC2. The first I sent back as I thought it was a defect but now two others are showing the same issue. They appear as “connection lost”. Excluding (only forced possible) and trying to include again does not work... would love to hear if you found a solution. 

• Inquirer
  • On 4/24/2021 at 8:20 PM, Rogier Kievit said:

I have the same issue with Ecodim dimmers however with HC2. The first I sent back as I thought it was a defect but now two others are showing the same issue. They appear as “connection lost”. Excluding (only forced possible) and trying to include again does not work... would love to hear if you found a solution. 

@Rogier Kievit

I'm afraid not. In the mean time i had fall outs on 4 different other dimmers. For no reason. Its random about the house. I called ecobricht and they emailed me a new firmware version i could upgrade the dimmers with. I had to buy a zwavestick and install the sw to make this possible. But its turns out it doesn'nt matter.  Upgraded versions still do fail. sometimes 3 times in a week.

At the moment i have 1 dimmer that has been reset for 6 times and it keeps falling out. Its next to another ecobright dimmer that has been running fine for a year. Why? Beats me.

excluding is not enough, you need to cut the power form the dimmer, then turn back the power, reset the ecodim and include again. This always works, but for how long?  I have several fibaro and qubino dimmers and they have never stopped working. I think i start removing ecobright from my system.... I'm losing faith in the product.

Edited by okidoki