Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC3 - Sonoff Tasmota temperature sensor via MQTT

Max Cerny

Question

Hello,

I have Sonoff temperature/humidity sensor flashed with Tasmota. I'm able to pull temperature into HC3 quickapp variable using MQTT broker. The problem is, that I can not use that temperature in the HC3's Climate zone as reference temperature sensor for my zone (i can choose only from zwave devices).

Is there any solution for that?

Thank you

Max

8 answers to this question

Hello @Max Cerny, it's probably because your QA's type isn't a temperature sensor. I've checked and my ESP8266 temp sensors are available in the list of room main sensor. 

Try to creat a new device with the correct type and copy past your code in it.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/image.png.d951266cc95b486861340636377182dc.png" />  

• Inquirer
  • Thank you @Tony270570 for your reply. Unfortunately this is not the case, the QuickApp is set as a Temperature Sensor

Are your ESP8266 also QuickApps? If yes, could you share the code? 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/image.png.47d00514580abdc63f43d45e22097d7f.png" />

Stange, yes no problem but you'll need to adapt a bit, as the code is also managing other devices. What is your firmware version please?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Tony270570 said:

Stange, yes no problem but you'll need to adapt a bit, as the code is also managing other devices. What is your firmware version please?

It's 5.061.36 (beta)

Seems it's a bug in the latest FW - I can't see your QuickApp device in the climate zone neither...

• Inquirer
  •  

This is my QA file 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Max Cerny

@Max Cerny hi, sorry i read you wrong in your 1st post ! You were talking about climate zone, and i was answering about room setup where you can default temp,humidity.... sensor. My bad sorry for that. 
    But What are you trying to achieve? In the climat zone only thermostats are available, even zwave temperature devices are not there.

or i have understand you wrong again :)

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Tony270570, I’m trying to use the cheap Sonoff device with Tasmota as a temperature sensor for fibaro heat controller. 

I am able to get temperature from the sensor to fibaro quick app as a variable - but i don’t know how to put that in a climate zone configuration in HC3. 

What is repported in climat zone are the temperature reported by FGTs(heat controlers), Only FGBRS-001  fibaro probe sensor can be linked to the FGT. This device is done to to get more accurate temperature.

It will not be possible to add ny other temperature sensore to FGT except that one. It's not a bug but it's by design. So when you're likink this probe to an FGT, it's used  by your climate zone.

So what you are trying to do is unfortunatly not possible i'm afraid :)

• Like 1