Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

LUA or QA to run HTTP url (powerview/luxaflex/HunterDouglas)

ppeterr

Question

[edit] i think i should have placed it in the "Scenes and Interface" section, sorry for that.

So, i'm new, newbe, so...dont shoot me :)

I've been reading a lot, on this forum and elsewhere trying to get my Powerview shades connected to a zwave switch.

It seems to be much harder to manage then i was hoping for. My head spins around with all the information, code lines and such,

Also, none of the info i found seems to be complete. It is all like "do it in LUA", make a QA or a a bunch of code lines.

I hope to find some hints, or answers - help with that.

So, what i worked out:

- The 8 button fysical wall switch works.

- The powerview plugin works, and the scene's controlled from the hub work

The imported scene's dont work, and need i to make a QA or a LUA scene for that.

What i tried:

I made a block scene with the switch, and  a HUE lamp, converted this to LUA

this is the "what if button is pressed" and it works.

Please login or register to see this code.

The action part, i made this - but its wrong.

Please login or register to see this code.

It gives this error:

10.07.2021] [07:00:40] [ERROR] [SCENE4]: (load):1: attempt to index a nil value (global 'Net')

I know there is a lost of writing about this on the forum but, I am totally lost in what to do, is this sort of the right way to do it ?

Should i do it with a QA ? 

Edited by ppeterr
tags

Guys I am considering to buy 5 shades.

after reading this post I have some questions:

For luxaflex powerview>>buying Powerview hub >>install Fibaro QA >>>>possibility to open, close and perhaps stop at half open shades by order from other QA???

What is having Luxaflex as advantage over Somfy in your opinion?

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • Hey @Sjakie

I can tell you my experience with powerview, and partly with somfy.

I have a few luxaflex shades, with the QA and some extra lines you can position

the shades at any position. Just with a press on the wall switch (i have one with 8 buttons)

they go to the position you want. (it is bottom up/top down) This works flawless. You can only program positions, so you cant press...and then it goes down or up till you stop pressing.

I also have a app for the phone, and it is integrated with alexa. So you can say "open left shade".  It is expensive, but i think it is worth it. There is also a remote, i dont have that one.

I also have a somfy IO sunshade, i havent worked this out completely. Somfy IO is less

easy to implement in a HC3. You cant talk directly to the API, since it is (how do you call that) a closed API but i found a way to use a different hub. I bought a second hand VELUX hub. This hub can talk directly to the Somfy IO motor. Last summer, i had this up and running, but i had some other projects going on. So i stopped with that. What i've been reading that somfyIO integration with (i might be wrong) openHAB is already worked 

out pretty well. So i might setup that in a later stadium. For this system i bought the

hand remote, nice to use when you need to operate it when your sitting on the terrace.

There is also somfy RTS, thats a one way system. So there is no feed back to any API 

for what position the shades are in. But probably more easy to implement.

I dont know much about this system. But i think Somfy wants to push the IO system.

I can tell you more, just ask if this is not complete enough.

Thanks a lot for your extended answer.

Luxaflex there is   a QA for powerview but its rather expensive if compare with other manufacturers.

But if its easy to add to HC3 (also expensive to buy th ehub 295 euro) than its only a matter of m obey.

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • On 1/22/2022 at 12:11 AM, Sjakie said:

Thanks a lot for your extended answer.

Luxaflex there is   a QA for powerview but its rather expensive if compare with other manufacturers.

But if its easy to add to HC3 (also expensive to buy th ehub 295 euro) than its only a matter of m obey.

//Sjakie

Be sure also to look into Somfy RTS. Thats not what is running perfect overhere yet.

But if i have to believe other users here on the forum, it has got some potential also.

Edited by ppeterr

Hi I am very new and just installed ppeterr's fqa on my HC3- thanks 

This seems to be working but I not you said that if you had time you would update with more scene id's, do you ever do this or will it be in you plans for the future.

I am going to read more on QA's and hope to try more in the future, anyway thanks for the fqa

Terry

• Inquirer
  • 12 minutes ago, tdinham said:

Hi I am very new and just installed ppeterr's fqa on my HC3- thanks 

This seems to be working but I not you said that if you had time you would update with more scene id's, do you ever do this or will it be in you plans for the future.

I am going to read more on QA's and hope to try more in the future, anyway thanks for the fqa

Terry

Hey Terry,

First of all, nice that you have it working. Second...i didnt do anything more with

the quickapp. What i did, is just copy it a few times, change the scene ID's and

assing it to the in-wall buttons. This works perfect.

So, if you want to trigger more scene's just copy the code :)

sorry.