Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Touch Pad dimmer for RGBW Controller

Blunozr

Question

Hello, 

New to the forum and seeking advice respecting available touch pads for the RGBW controller.

Background:

We've been using 5 RGBW controllers in different applications in our house for the past 5 years and are very happy. They are rock solid! We use 3 controllers to control kitchen lighting with a web page that supports about 200 color scenes as well as the built in animations, one controls my front porch aluminum rail lighting and the other a back porch wooden rail lighting. I presently use Indigo as my HA system. I am adding 2 more soon to replace the old controllers for stairs and pathway lighting in the upper hall. When this happens I want to add wired touchpad dimmers to 2 of the RGBW controllers so we have manual control as well. I have looked at the toggle and momentary switch solutions but would prefer wired touchpads . 

I have searched for many hours and have only found wireless/z-wave types, except for this wired dimmer which is available in single channel as well as 4 channel 0 -10v output.  Would this work with the RGBW controller and still allow me to control it with my automation controller? I'm not an electrician but it looks like it meets the electrical spec:   

Please login or register to see this link.

If this dimmer does work manually with the RGBW controller while continuing to allow me control via the z-wave controller in Indigo, which parameters should I change to allow this to work?

If there is another preferred wired touch pad could you kindly provide the source or link where you purchased it?

Many thanks for your advice!

Edited by Blunozr
grammar, changed 'module' to 'controller', clarity

1 answer to this question

I haven't tested with Sunricher, i did it with bus system with 0-10V output, but Sunricher should be fine as well.

Never tested multiple RGBW modules connected together (inputs), so no idea how/if that work.

My settings/observation:

RGBW2 set to

- input/output,

- 4x analog input w/o pullup

- 4x other sensor,

- 0.1V threshold (this is the lowest value, using it avoid long wires)

- immediate local change

- scenes controller disabled (i hoped that this will speed up a bit the reaction)

- brightness set to 100% and RGBW part of the RGBW2 module turned on

And yes, i could still set fav colors and programs on the RGBW part of the RGBW2 module, but it make sense to set back colors o 0, brightness to 100 and set on when switching back to control over analog input (actually it is input/output or rgbw module, so that's why). So i think that will work with Indigo as well.

Let us know when you tested with Sunricher, i played once with their zwave panels, but i was not happy how these worked (or actually not worked) with Fibaro.