Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant to open the door to my building

marafa

Question

Hello Amazing Fibaro Community!

I'm a newbie here and am hoping to get some help.

I live in an apartment building. Our buildings front door is opened by an intercom phone. This intercom system consists of one door panel at the building's front door and several handsets distributed among the building.

The handset unit inside my apartment opens the building's front door by pressing on a physical button. And I am looking for a solution capable of transforming the intercoms dumb handset unit into a smart one! Basically, I want to be able to open the building door from my mobile phone.

The intercom device is an analog Golmar Tekni T-540 ( I'm attaching its manual )

I am assuming that the Fibaro Smart Implant is the best solution based on some online research ( since the building door uses 12V DC).

I am attaching the current wiring without installing the Smart Implant. I was told by the technician that the Green wire (labeled 3) carries 12V DC from the main door panel unit that is mounted at the building door. And the blue wire (labeled P1) is responsible for sending a signal to the building door to unlock it. Right now this is done by pressing on the physical button.

Now here come the questions:

1) Would anyone be kind enough to draw a layout plan for wiring the Fibaro Smart Implant with my Intercom.

2) Can the Smart Implant get its power from any of the 5 wires that currently feed the Intercom handset? The Green wire labeled 3 in the attached photo carries 12V DC from the main unit.

3) After getting the Smart Implant configured, can i still have the physical button that is on the intercom to operate and open the building door? 

4) The intercom handset can talk and listen to anyone standing at the buildings front door. Using the Smart Implant, can this feature be passed on to my mobile phone?

Cheers!

Mohamed

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

@marafa

Hi,
so far "quick" answer:
Your manual is for a completely different (digital) system. According to the photo, you are using the older type 4+N.

Yes, SI control is possible, but there is a BUT!
You have to put the SI auxiliary relay on the output and then connect its contacts to "P1" and "3". To be sure, measure what is switched by the P1 button (or go through the paths on the other side of the phone's circuit board).
It will be worse with SI power. Only the electrical ground "-" of the source goes along wire "3". So you're missing a "+" from the source. You solve it with your own SI power supply.
There is still the possibility to see if you can't find a "+" for example at the apartment doorbell (sometimes it is powered by the same system, but I recommend asking the technician). According to the photo, one wire is free, so you could send the "+" source somewhere.
I rather appeal for a separate SI power supply.

And I'll preempt your second question.
Q: Is it possible to get a notification on Fibaro when someone rings?
A: Yes, it is possible, but complicated.
Why?... Because your home phone system is analog 4+N, but ordinary voltage is not used as a ringtone, but the system already sends a directly modulated signal (melody) over wire "0" and it definitely rings through the handset - try it. Then it will not be enough to connect only the SI input, but it would be convenient to separate it with some opto-splitter and actually think of a way to convert the high-frequency modulated signal into at least a 1s pulse for the SI.
Maybe the technician will recommend an additional module for an external doorbell and that could solve it.

Finally, a warning: Any mistake you make can mean that the doorbells/telephones in the whole house are out of order. If you're not sure what you're doing, call a technician.

eM.

@marafa

And one more addition..

A:3) Yes, the phone button will still work.
Note: If you would like to have a record of every press, you would have to use this button as an input to the SI and only use the output to control the opening of the door, see the previous post.

A: 4) No, it is not possible to provide voice transmission (handset/microphone) to a mobile phone via Smart Implant.
In theory, there are GSM/WiFi converters, but I recommend looking at the home phone supplier/manufacturer.

Estimated price will be around 250 Euro.

eM.