Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Button not working

groggstone

that's right, the ER14250 is good enough for short pulse (typical up to 50mA for 100ms), but constant recommended current is typical max 15mA. While sending short information (button pressed, temp = xy°, etc.) that's good enough, but for exclusion / inclusion this might be too much for already bit drained battery (it is good idea to give the battery 2min recovery time between exclusion and inclusion).

49 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

The battery can be good enough to report button presses (because it transmits a very small amount of data in a short time). But the battery can be too week to sustain the inclusion procedure (because it scans the network and exchanges a lot of data).

I did replace battery, actually that was my first step before I exclude it from system. Sorry I didn't mentioned that before. So, all action with exclusion, reset and unsuccessful inclusion was done with brand new battery.

I ordered this brand of batteries: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Until now I installed them in several door/window sensors and all working good.

20 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

I did replace battery, actually that was my first step before I exclude it from system. Sorry I didn't mentioned that before. So, all action with exclusion, reset and unsuccessful inclusion was done with brand new battery.

@Sankotronic

might be an obvious one but how close is the device to your HC2 when including ...

The reason I ask is because I have found for the last while that if I have a device that was previously included in my system and get 'broken' the device literally has to be on top of the HC2 before it will include and sometimes it can take two or three goes. I had it again yesterday with a UBS. I had the UBS about 3 foot from the HC2 but it  wouldn't include and when I moved it to about 2 inches above the HC2 it included fine.

I was putting it down to a quirk with my system but maybe not.... @petergebruers commented on this a while back but I couldn't find the post to reference here.

.. anyway probably a long shot but thought I'd mention it...

4 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

might be an obvious one but how close is the device to your HC2 when including ...

Around 1 meter away from HC2 during inclusion and same distance was where it was placed.

5 minutes ago, AutoFrank said:

The reason I ask is because I have found for the last while that if I have a device that was previously included in my system and get 'broken' the device literally has to be on top of the HC2 before it will include and sometimes it can take two or three goes. I had it again yesterday with a UBS. I had the UBS about 3 foot from the HC2 but it  wouldn't include and when I moved it to about 2 inches above the HC2 it included fine.

Thanks for info Frank. I can try few more times to see if make any difference. We plan to use it to turn on CinemaState when we enter living room so it is placed above HC2.

I have another Bug-baro Button placed above Smarter coffee machine and is about 6 meters away from HC2. That one is used frequently since my wife and I are coffee lovers :-) and it works perfectly.

15 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Around 1 meter away from HC2 during inclusion and same distance was where it was placed.

Thanks for info Frank. I can try few more times to see if make any difference. We plan to use it to turn on CinemaState when we enter living room so it is placed above HC2.

I have another Bug-baro Button placed above Smarter coffee machine and is about 6 meters away from HC2. That one is used frequently since my wife and I are coffee lovers :-) and it works perfectly.

@Sankotronic, definitely worth a go. .. BTW - Once my UBS included successfully I moved it back to where I was using it which is next to my front gate and working away fine since....

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

No worries. I use those Saft batteries too, they are good.

Good. I will give it a chance again and then report result. I really wish i get it work since it is nice device to press while walking into the living room :-) 

I try to include sick Fibaro Button again keeping it near HC antenna but only what I manage to get is that HC could't stop learning mode. Window for adding/removing devices closes when counter reaches 0 seconds, but then it shows up again and start counting down. Since I'm really tired of this Bug-garo I just rebooted the system.

Maybe I will try one more time this evening since it could be that some bug in learning mode prevented inclusion. Not sure any more what to think about all this. :-( 

I try to include sick Fibaro Button again keeping it near HC antenna but only what I manage to get is that HC could't stop learning mode. Window for adding/removing devices closes when counter reaches 0 seconds, but then it shows up again and start counting down. Since I'm really tired of this Bug-garo I just rebooted the system.

Maybe I will try one more time this evening since it could be that some bug in learning mode prevented inclusion. Not sure any more what to think about all this. :-( 

Might be interesting to note the behaviour of LED 4 and 5 when you try the inclusion. If LED 4 stays lit for several seconds, you're in trouble... And making a backup before the attempt resets the Z-Wave engine, it's somewhat faster than a reboot (and fixes hanging Z-Wave).

@Sankotronic

its a touch one indeed. I have 2 fibaro gen 1 door sensors that I just can't get to include at all.

I tried everything, just stopping short of buying it dinner :-) , so they now live with some stuff I bought that I have no use for...

for me I win some and I loose some ......