Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[SOLVED]Number of icons possible

Bodyart

Question

Hi ALL,

i was trying to add one icon for a VD and i got weird error

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Anybody an idea?

13 answers to this question

@Bodyart I am afraid to ask...but the desired icon is 128x128 *.png ? It's "only" the VD-Symbol, so no 2- or multi-status issue ? How many icons are there in your cache ? Does the Icon-preview (VD) work properly ?

• Inquirer
  • Hi @Orgli,

it's a single icon for a VD and ofcourse it's 128x128 in png format. The iconpreview works properly and i have 125 icons for VD's.

What happens, if you add another symbol in the same VD and what happens, if you add a new icon to a other existing VD ?

(Or is there maybe a logical limit...like 125 icons in the software ?)

• Inquirer
  • [SOLVED] After a restart of HC2 i succeded in adding a new icon, but it was a strange fenomena.....

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Orgli said:

@BodyartThat's unfair;)...I was too polite, asking for a reboot :)

@Orgli Unfortunately i'm already used to reboot quite frequently :-(

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I also have to reboot HC2 from time to time when I'm busy with testing and development of new scripts. I don't find that as a problem. Adding and removing scripts and icons and changing settings at the end always result in low free memory since cached one grow same as used space and buffer. Until now there was no computer, Apple or non Apple that could fight with me, they always loose battle at the end :-) Once I manage to completely destroy not only Windows XP but also partition of the disk it was installed on :-D

So, yes, occasional rebooting of HC while I'm developing and testing new code is normal part of the job. When I leave it alone then it works normally with stable memory usage for long time.

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Sankotronic said:

I also have to reboot HC2 from time to time when I'm busy with testing and development of new scripts.

Hi @Sankotronic,

Do you think it's only the GUI, or internal HC management? The GUI itsself is pretty annoying and very bad readable due to low contrast. grey letters on brown background....

Totally not suitable for old eyes like mine...

1 minute ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @Sankotronic,

Do you think it's only the GUI, or internal HC management? The GUI itsself is pretty annoying and very bad readable due to low contrast. grey letters on brown background....

Totally not suitable for old eyes like mine...

Hi @Bodyart,

On my Retina iMac same as on the other one with standard display I can easily read grey letters on brown background. So if you can't then you have to calibrate your monitor if it has that option, otherwise you have to play with contrast and brightness.

Web GUI has some problems with refreshing content and especially if you have open it in several browser windows on two computers at the same time as I have :-P I believe that Debian distr. (I'm guessing) on which HC is builded doesn't have management problems, but HC software is another story.

• Inquirer
  • 8 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

On my Retina iMac same as on the other one with standard display I can easily read grey letters on brown background. So if you can't then you have to calibrate your monitor if it has that option, otherwise you have to play with contrast and brightness.

Since i am a photographer I have ofcourse professional calibrated monitor, which is dynamicaly calibrated for ambiant light with Xrite i1 display pro (

so there's no problem with my monitor. I _can_ read the text, but it's exhausting for old eyes; i'm not 20 anymore.....

some colour improovement on GUI colours/contrast woul'd be welcomme ofcourse.

Edited by Bodyart
    Supplemental

3 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

some colour improovement on GUI colours/contrast woul'd be welcomme ofcourse.

Well, in that case we have to propose Fibaro to at least add possibility to change font color in Configuration for web GUI interface. Same counts for tablet application because important data is shown with grey small font on the bottom of the device body which is not black enough to give enough contrast.

BTW is it possible to see some of your photographs somewhere on the internet?

• Inquirer
  • 1 minute ago, Sankotronic said:

BTW is it possible to see some of your photographs somewhere on the internet?

Not yet, i'm not publishing yet, because at present i'm spending all the time for renovation and automation of my home :-) I'll start to publish somewhere in autum (sept./oct.) as i see it now. Will send you the link then ofcourse.