Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Will the Fibaro Relay 2 modules work with the BTICINO "Sweet click controls" that use simulated electronic click work with Fibaro relay modules?

matt1981

we are in the process of remodeling our home and i am in trying to figure out if the BTICINO "sweet click" controls will work with the fibaro relay 2? I  know they work as traditional toggle switches, but im not sure if they would be considered dry contacts toggle switches or not.  The only info i have found is that they wont work with the Dimmer 2 modules.  the only thing in their pdf, describe them as; "The electronic control which creates the perception of a digital device even in the traditional system." 

under the description it states: pulsante elettronico Sweet Click 1P NO - per dimmer o relè elettronici - assiale  so im guessing they would work? any help with this would help me greatly!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by matt1981
added description

• Topic Author
  • Well, I've already bought all the fibaro relays for all the  outlets, we just haven't bought the switches yet. There are three types and I like the axolute air plates with these switches, as they are very slim and fancy looking. I just don't recognize that little symbol next to the NO symbol and I also read online that electric toggle style switches don't work for the dimmer 2's.... 

It certainly will not work with the indicator lamp.

But without LED?

I managed to find an important spec:

230 Vac @ 50 – 60Hz 1P (NO)
    2Aμ - 230 Vac

See: 

Please login or register to see this image.

As you can see, the "sweet click" draws some parasitic power (2 micro ampere) from the Fibaro module (or lamp or relay if you only use a lamp or a relay). It does not seem to have a separate connection for L and N, so it has to get power from its load.

I know, from experiments, the older firmware version of the FGD-212 was triggered by that amount of current, so it will certainly not work!

Later, current was increased somewhat but I think it will still be marginal.

So, if you cannot test them, the only answer for now is '"not compatible".

Edited by petergebruers

• Topic Author
  • @petergebruers i appreciate the response! i did find out that the earlier FSG-211 may be operated by mono-stable (press switch) and bi-stable push-button, which i found out that this style of "sweet click" is a mono-stable switch, is what they are.  but being i have the newer 213 and 213 relay's, and with your input, i'll have to go with the other style of switches.  

Matt

Just now, matt1981 said:

@petergebruers i appreciate the response! i did find out that the earlier FSG-211 may be operated by mono-stable (press switch) and bi-stable push-button, which i found out that this style of "sweet click" is a mono-stable switch, is what they are.  but being i have the newer 213 and 213 relay's, and with your input, i'll have to go with the other style of switches.  

Matt

I have never measured the trigger current of a Fibaro relay, but it certainly is not very high either. If you connect one of these Ticino switches, chances are that the relay thinks the switch is always closed.

You could connect them like this. Switch -> 230 v relay -> Fibaro module but that makes wiring things a lot more difficult. There is a post on this forum of such a relay, that might fit (though I doubt it, a switch, a relay, a module in one pattress box?). Or use DIN relays and cenralise those relays. Anyway, with the extra relay, it turns into a "mechanical" problem...

• Topic Author
  • We are working with traditional terra-cotta bricks that's typical of European construction and the internal walls are very thin. They dont allow much room to play with internally... I also don't have budget that allows me to "experiement" with relays and switches... I think I'll stick with your advice and go with the easier route and go with the traditional axolute toggle switches.

They are cool switches to have the "smartphone" click light switches, but not the hassle and extra work that would come with it as your describing... Thanks for the valuable advice and input!