Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Nanoleaf Aurora light panels and api

AutoFrank

Question

Hi 

Has anybody worked with these devices 

Please login or register to see this link.

They seem interesting... Zigbee or Wi-Fi and also have an api and there also seems to be some git wrappers 

JavaScript Nanoleaf Aurora API for node.js

Had anybody purchased and worked with the panels or the app 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, PreHack said:

Hi @Bodyart

I like it :) I did integrate the Hue / Saturation / Color Temp. Slider and now I replace my old VD.
In my case, I did keep the authorization token in the VD because I think with more than one Aurora the global variable setup won't be easier.

Hi @PreHack,

the main reason for using the global variable was for me the API. Currently we are addressing the "api/v1" (version one) and when this change in the future we'll have only one place to maintain. I agree that for more aurora devices ithis coul'd become tricky, so i woul'd probably choose for one global variable per device like: Nano1, Nano2, etc...

Or maybe a global table with all the nanoleaf devices.

B.t.w. I have currently only one device, but have already seen some new possibilities of usage on my 2 stairways and perhaps the bedroom, when i find enough place :-)

7 hours ago, Bodyart said:

Hi @PreHack,

the main reason for using the global variable was for me the API. Currently we are addressing the "api/v1" (version one) and when this change in the future we'll have only one place to maintain. I agree that for more aurora devices ithis coul'd become tricky, so i woul'd probably choose for one global variable per device like: Nano1, Nano2, etc...

Or maybe a global table with all the nanoleaf devices.

B.t.w. I have currently only one device, but have already seen some new possibilities of usage on my 2 stairways and perhaps the bedroom, when i find enough place :-)

@Bodyart, that's a good point. A global table would be nice but at the moment my Lua knowledge is really limited :)

I have 3 small Aurora installs and 1 big at the moment and they probably all get bigger :) I got flex connectors and as soon I get the screw mounts and the rhythm, I will probably grow some of my Aurora installs to their maximum.

Mainloop

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by PreHack

Hi All!

Just a small demo of Aurora Rhythm unit...

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hi All,

I don't know how I missed this thread before but now I just boarded this wagon. :-) Just ordered one Nanoleaf Aurora to play with. Unfortunately I can't get Rhythm unit at the moment because when I click on link to buy it gives me 404 error. Must be that they sold them all out :-( 

I can see that you have already some nice VD's and thank you for sharing! I hope that I will be able to contribute soon with some fancy code and support for this panels in Very Smart LightsTM scene. 

Hi @Sankotronic,

I don't understand that, but i've ordered one Rhythm on 2nd sept. and received it on saturday, but now i can't see it in the Nanoleaf shop anymore.... When i click now on "want one", i get the survey to fill in the name and e-mail... In the global shop it is sold out, but in bought it in europe shop, where i can't find it anymore....

Strange...

There was a statement in the first place, that it will be deliverd in septyember, but now they say fall 2017....

Edited by Bodyart

@Bodyartthey are sold out, I had 4 in my shopping cart. At the time I wanted to order them, there was a message that they are out of stock and they got removed from my cart.

@Sankotronic nice to have you here, I love your VSL Scene :)

Hi @PreHack,

so i seem to be furtunate this time, having one already installed and i must say, its beautiful, but i have to redesign my VD, because with the rhythm scenes it seems to make som troubles in cycling the effects. Going to travel this week, but i'll look at it again in 2 weeks, when i return...

I have also the fles linkers and wall mounting kit so i can install the Aurora on the ceiling as well.

It's a fantastic product; rich saturated colors outperforming Philips HUE in richness and saturation.

Hello all!

I have been busy last two days and this is what I'm working on regarding Nanoleaf Aurora:

Please have a look if you have time.

Some teasing:

This is UHAS compatible Nanoleaf Aurora VD undergoing beta testing. Final version will also have additional button to get apikey from selected Aurora light so there is no need for any user settings inside VD code. UHAS compatible Very Smart Lights scene will work with Aurora VD.