Jump to content
  • 0

Netatmo as weather provider


iainw

Question

Hi, can anyone tell me whether it's possible to use the Netatmo plugin to supply the default weather info to the HC2?  I currently use the Yahoo plugin and don't seem to be able to select the Netatmo plugin for this.  I can use Netatmo ok in scenes, just not the main weather info.

 

Thank you,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi @iainw,

 

please check this solution:

 

Next version will also support wunderground.com and weather forecast. This solution can work with or without Netatmo weather station. Netatmo weather scene supports new Netatmo API and can retrieve data from more than one Netatmo weather station with full set including rain and wind sensor and three additional indoor sensors.

 

What I'm working on you can find out here:

 

Edited by Sankotronic
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Sankotronic, do i have to create more global variables in the HC2 to work with this code?  I have the VD installed but no data comes out??

 

thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, iainw said:

Hi Sankotronic, do i have to create more global variables in the HC2 to work with this code?  I have the VD installed but no data comes out??

 

thank you

 

Hi @iainw,

 

First you need to install Weather State VD and it will generate automatically all global variables necessary except global variable Darkness which is added by Sunrise & Sunset VD. If you don't use my Sunrise & Sunset VD with Main scene FTBE then you can add global variable Darkness to global variable panel upper part. Darkness has value 0 during day time and 1 during night time. Value is normally changed with Main scene at sunrise and sunset times.

 

Also, you should not use SAVE button in global variable panel since if you do it will destroy global variable WeatherState. If you did use Save button then delete WeatherState global variable and then open Weather State VD for editing and press Save button so that it recreate global WeatherState.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The Netatmo modules are now working great!  I have not however been able to get the Weather State VD to provide the weather to the HC2.  The icons i have also changed in the GUI do not show on iOS? ??

 

Any ideas?

 

Thank you again - very impressed with this VD!

@Sankotronic i had not put in the correct api key so it all works fine! I do still have the issue with the icons not showing up in iOS...it is just the ugly VD generic box.  Some of the icons are ok in the HC2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, iainw said:

The Netatmo modules are now working great!  I have not however been able to get the Weather State VD to provide the weather to the HC2.  The icons i have also changed in the GUI do not show on iOS? ??

 

Hi @iainw,

 

Check that you set stationNo = 1. Also VD will be able to update weather on web GUI and mobile apps only if  YR weather plugin is selected as default weather provider.

 

11 hours ago, iainw said:

I do still have the issue with the icons not showing up in iOS...it is just the ugly VD generic box.  Some of the icons are ok in the HC2

 

Unfortunately current version of Weather state VD needs users effort to setup icons. How to do it is explained in my first post but there are some more explanation in other posts in this thread:

so please read them and you will find way to setup icons.

 

For next version that I'm currently testing setting up icons will be much easier using VD Icon Preview VD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Sankotronic thanks, I have the icons all showing in the web gui although they do not pull through to display in ios??  Is that correct? 

 

Also the icons are updating in the weather state VD but are not used in the HC2 weather at the top rhs??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, iainw said:

@Sankotronic thanks, I have the icons all showing in the web gui although they do not pull through to display in ios??  Is that correct? 

 

Also the icons are updating in the weather state VD but are not used in the HC2 weather at the top rhs??

 

Hi @iainw,

 

If you don't see icons on mobile app then first try to go in app to settings and refresh network data or just restart app. If that doesn't help then you have some problems with icons. Deleting app from mobile device and reinstalling can help in that case.

 

You also can't see weather icons on web GUI? Can you make some screenshots so I can see then what is there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi @Sankotronic, here is a screenshot.  The icons in the VD are not refelcted in the top right of the GUI.  I will try deleting the app to see if that works.

 

thanks

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 16.23.56.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, iainw said:

Hi @Sankotronic, here is a screenshot.  The icons in the VD are not refelcted in the top right of the GUI.  I will try deleting the app to see if that works.

 

thanks

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 16.23.56.png

 

Hi @iainw,

 

well this above is actually correct. Icons are different but they are showing same weather condition which is correct. If you want to have same icons on VD and web GUI then you can download original icons here and set them up on VD:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Sankotronic - deleting the app did the trick for iOS - thanks!  I now seem to have the wrong information being pulled from the Netatmo VDs - the information is now not changing at any point??

I feel really stupid here! :?

it looks like the scene has crashed?....everything else looks OK.  And the updates have not been correct since earlier today.

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 21.10.30.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, iainw said:

@Sankotronic - deleting the app did the trick for iOS - thanks!  I now seem to have the wrong information being pulled from the Netatmo VDs - the information is now not changing at any point??

I feel really stupid here! :?

 

Hi @iainw,

 

there is really no need for you to feel that way.

 

First check if Netatmo scene is still running. You can see that on web GUI interface because on scene block you will see blue notification like "Running instances: 1". If scene is running then check if you setup Netatmo weather station scene correctly by providing ID numbers of each Netatmo module VD that you imported.

 

You can also make screenshot of the scene debug window and post it here so I can see what scene is doing.

 

Or you can go one more time through my first post and check again that you did all settings properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi @Sankotronic, here are a couple of screenshots.  The scene does not appear to be running now but the settings were working earlier today - i think it is just the scene not running??  You can see that the netatmo plugin has the correct temperature but the new VD does not.

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 21.15.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 21.16.43.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 21.21.47.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, iainw said:

Hi @Sankotronic, here are a couple of screenshots.  The scene does not appear to be running now but the settings were working earlier today - i think it is just the scene not running??  You can see that the netatmo plugin has the correct temperature but the new VD does not.

Thank you for taking the time to help me :)

 

Hi @iainw,

 

As I can see from screenshot provided your scene stopped working with error caused by empty data received from Netatmo server. To restart scene you need to add an empty line at the end of the code or space in one of the comment lines (they begin with --) and then press Save button. It will then start running again.

 

Other solution is to change selfRun to false and then call it from another scene like my Main scene for time based events or any such scheduler scene. Do you use any such scene?

I use Main scene for time based events to start Netatmo scene every 2 minutes with this settings:

local runSceneRepeatName        = {"Netatmo weather update"}
local runSceneRepeatID          = {netatmosceneID};
local runSceneRepeatTime        = {2};
local runSceneRepeatPushFlag    = {0};
local runSceneRepeatPushMessage = {""};
local runSceneRepeatCount       = {count};
local runSceneAtStart           = {"Yes"};

I'm at the work at the moment but I'm going home in few days and then will do some more tests and try to trap those errors so that scene don't stop running.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I knew there was a way to use Netatmo as the HC2 weather provider out of the box, but could I find it the other day?  However, I've now stumbled upon it again :-).  I'm sure it's not as comprehensive as @Sankotronic's VD, but for anyone who is interested:

  1. Go to Plugins
  2. Find the Weather Provider plugin in the Available tab
  3. Install the Plugin
  4. Add a device from the Plugin page by pressing the Add button
  5. On the device configuration, select the Netatmo outdoor sensors for temperature, humidity and wind speed (if you have that module)
  6. On the Configuration General page, select the weather provider device

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hello all!

 

I updated Netatmo Weather scene and hopefully corrected code that will not stop running if error occurs. You can download new version 2.0.1 here:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi @Sankotronic, this scene has not been running for a while and i am now trying to fix it with the v2.01.  None of the data is being updated in any of the VDs.  Is this debug info any good?

 

Thank you for any help.

 

5a9dadd95f22d_ScreenShot2018-03-05at20_48_10.thumb.png.795e7da22f87ff412808b02b2d774932.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, iainw said:

Hi @Sankotronic, this scene has not been running for a while and i am now trying to fix it with the v2.01.  None of the data is being updated in any of the VDs.  Is this debug info any good?

 

Thank you for any help.

 

Hi @iainw,

 

It seems that global variable WeatherState is damaged (empty). This usually happens if Save button is used in variable panel. Just delete this variable in global variable panel and then open WeatherState VD for editing and then press Save Button to restart Main loop which will then recreate global variable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks @Sankotronic, The VDs for Netatmo now look for data...but pick up nothing.  The Netatmo scene looks to be running OK now but not picking data from WeatherState VD??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...