Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Change admin login/password in ie11 shows blank screen only

kunoch

Question

I just wanted to change the password for the admin (Configuration - Access Control - administrator - change e-mail and password) of my HCL and as usual i used internet explorer, mainly as in other threads it was recommended to be the fastest, clicking around in the different views of the HCL.

Instead of showing the wizard I get a blank screen only (pale blue).

When I do the same in Chrome or firefox the wizard shows up and all is fine.

Yes, history deleted.

anyone else facing the similar/same?

Edited by kunoch

5 answers to this question

Hi @kunoch,

Could you describe your steps more carefully because I didn't encounter any issues with Wizard or with password changing on Internet Explorer 11 (version 11.608.15063.0).

• Inquirer
  • Hi @I.Srodka,

can not really add more details, as just clicking my way thru in the web page of my HCL. Configuration - Access Control - administrator - change e-mail and password. I am usually starting ie in private mode to avoid cache issues.

I am on W7 64 bit professional SP1 and using ie 11.0.9600.18816, update version 11.0.47

Might be specifically on my configuration (maybe one of the thousand check boxes in the setting is different to your setting)

As it works in chrome and ff, it is not really an issue for me, just strange. Might give it another try this weekend.

Should I look for something specific to give a better feedback?

Thank you for your additional info.

Since I've noticed more up-to-date version of IE at my workstation, is it possible for you to check whether IE can be updated?

• Inquirer
  • I checked at microsoft and it tells me, I do have the latest version for my OS aleady installed. Somehow strange......

@kunoch,

Admin password cannot be changed remotely on IE. Please log in locally (via 192.x.x.x IP address). or use a different browser.

Sorry for the inconvenience.