Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FibaroHC2 / Alexa problem

jodohl

Question

I have an annoying problem with Fibaro HC2 / Alexa users. This chain of event is taking place all to frequently:

«Alexa, turn off Kitchen Table (a group of Fibaro switches/dimmers)»

«Kitchen Table is not responding»

Then one out of two things may happen:

(1) Nothing happens (Kitchen Table stays On)

(2) Kitchen Table is switched of in spite of the negative Alexa message.

I have reset Alexa, deactivated/reactivated Alexa’s Fibaro Skills, let Alexa rediscover devices. Even changed names of devices. No success so far. Problem also occurs with Scenes. I am fully aware that Scenes using LUA code will not respond, but that is not the problem, since it also happens on LUA free Scenes.

Any ideas out there ?

Edited by jodohl

9 answers to this question

Guest fat

I found the Fibaro Alexa skill to do this to me constantly. I eventually gave up and installed a modified HA Bridge that will bulk import Fibaro devices

42 minutes ago, fat said:

I found the Fibaro Alexa skill to do this to me constantly. I eventually gave up and installed a modified HA Bridge that will bulk import Fibaro devices

you customised it? or is it the latest 5.0.0?

Hi @jodohl!

If Alexa doesn't connect to any devices make sure you have Custom Skill installed and ask "List devices", then choose the proper Home Center by saying, for example, number one.

Same for me - stopped working after the last update again. CUSTOM Skill is not available in Austria, cannot be found at all. As the ratings are bad as well - any chance you look into improving the Alexa integration that it works maybe reliable and maybe even faster that switching the light on does not need 2-5 seconds?

Anything further on this... The lag is extreme

On 05/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, fat said:

@fat where did you find such a beast?

Hi, Alexa here is working fine, i once had trouble finding my devices (suddenly all were gone) but that was because of the Router replacement. After connecting my old router as a second router into my new network all worked again. Strange but true. Maybe has to do with Ports or somethine that the new (but older model) router does not support.

Anyway, the thing i am having trouble with is i cannot set a color at Fibaro RGBW controller. Only dim it and turn on or off. Not even run a program.

And the most hilarious thing is, that Samsung smartthings hubs can set color and all other stuff with out Fibaro RGBW module. Wtf?

Crazy, but come on Fibaro. How can a other brand HUB work better with our RGBW module using Alexa?

Controlling Broadlink RM2 Pro with Fibaro would also be a nice upgrade,,, i need to control my RF-Blinds :(

Hi @Devian ,

At the moment there is no command that could be used to set a certain colour with Alexa.

You can, however, use it to activate one of the programs from the RGBW Controller's memory.

We're working on broadening the number of commands.