Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Heat Controller 0 degrees sensor

eureka

Question

Hi,

Just installed my Fibaro Heat Controller with Sensor. My homecenter 2 is picking up both the sensor and the heat controller (also connection between radiator and sensor was executed), so far so good. However, if I look at the temperature that the seperate sensor is providing. It says it's 0 degrees celsius. I've been waiting for a while now and also did a soft reset but it's still at 0 degrees.

What can be going wrong? or is this a known bug?

also: is there a known way to fix the sensor to the wall? I want it to be at 1.50meters to get correct temperature. But if i would fix it using tape I cannot get to the battery anymore. Probably i'm missing something because i can't imagine that they make a seperate sensor without having a way to fix it to something... right?

Edited by eureka

nothing wrong with this, if you added the ext sensor properly it will report within few minutes. You can always add once again (no need to delete, just pair it again together), on some was sufficient to reinsert battery.

I've installed the Heat Controller and added the extra sensor at approximately 3 meters distance  and it has been working great since day 1. Like @tinman wrote, just pair it once again.

• Inquirer
  • For me it has been at a temperature of 18.10 degrees for the whole day now. No update whatsoever, it doesn't heat and doesn't do anything. Tried reconnecting, didn't work... What is wrong with this thing?

16 minutes ago, eureka said:

For me it has been at a temperature of 18.10 degrees for the whole day now. No update whatsoever, it doesn't heat and doesn't do anything. Tried reconnecting, didn't work... What is wrong with this thing?

I've been testing the FGT-001 + sensor for a few days now and mine does report temperature (but not very often) and matches the nearest UBS + DS18B20 sensor. However... I think the thermostat itself sometimes........ errrrr.... crashes? Yesterday, it heated the room to 24 °C and now it doesn't open the valve enough, it's 19.5 °C. I moved the sensor closer to the head, put it on the floor and waited for an hour. It reports 18°C and still does not open the valve. Setpoint is 21 or 22 °C. At first, I was using the heating panel but the last two days it was stand-alone. Did a few head calibrations, does not change anything. Right now I've reset the sensor, excluded the FGT and included it. I want to know what happens, without the additional sensor. I have to admit, I am surprised, because the first 2 days it seemed to work. I wonder if I am missing something, or something else is wrong. I do not want to jump to conclusions...

• Inquirer
  • 5 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I've been testing the FGT-001 + sensor for a few days now and mine does report temperature (but not very often) and matches the nearest UBS + DS18B20 sensor. However... I think the thermostat itself sometimes........ errrrr.... crashes? Yesterday, it heated the room to 24 °C and now it doesn't open the valve enough, it's 19.5 °C. I moved the sensor closer to the head, put it on the floor and waited for an hour. It reports 18°C and still does not open the valve. Setpoint is 21 or 22 °C. At first, I was using the heating panel but the last two days it was stand-alone. Did a few head calibrations, does not change anything. Right now I've reset the sensor, excluded the FGT and included it. I want to know what happens, without the additional sensor. I have to admit, I am surprised, because the first 2 days it seemed to work. I wonder if I am missing something, or something else is wrong. I do not want to jump to conclusions...

Keep me posted on your results! I think I have the same issue... 

Also, I think it's weird it doesn't report temperature very often (as in only every 4/5 hours).. it needs to have a bluetooth connection to the valve which should be able to send it to the homecenter on wakeup right? 

I think the valve itself "crashes" (not my HC). It has been reported by other users and Fibaro is working on a firmware update. Yesterday, it heated the room to 24 °C and now it doesn't open the valve enough, it's 19.5 °C... So it can crash open or closed.

This morning, I took a screenshot. Red = Fibaro motion sensor in the same room. It is 1/2 meter below the ceiling so its measuring to high, that is to be expected (about 1.3 °C higher on average). The purple line is my UBS (called "SOFA" because that's where it is...). The blue line is the FGT...  Both are in the same spot, about 1 meter above floor level. The SOFA temp (purple) reached 24 °C while the set point was 22. When I noticed temperature was too high, I used the knob to turn down to about 19 degrees, and the valve responded immediately. This afternoon, temperature was too low. I've excluded the valve, I didn't save the data... The UBS does not have a lot of thermal mass and can report very fast. It measures air temperature. It explains why the purple line looks jagged.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Connection from sensor to FGT is indeed BLE. The FGT is a FLiRS device, it does not have a wake-up interval. It can respond to controller commands in 1 second. Z-Wave specs say a sensor must not report faster than once every 30 seconds. I bet the BLE does not update temperature that fast and the FGT probably again filters the reporting. I does not report very often. See straight sections of blue line... it does not have many points.

Edited by petergebruers

• Inquirer
  • @petergebruers I got an update from fibaro:

Additional temperature sensor is communicating with The Heat Controller every 10minutes, and The Heat Controller sends those information every 2-3hours to gateway or when the temperature differs by 0.5-1 degree from last report.

Besides – we’ve detected few malfunctions caused by temperature offset and heating algoritm that causes the room to not be heated properly.
    Our developement team is currently testing firmware update for The Heat Controller, so I would ask you for little patience in time that we’ll upload it to OTA.

• Thanks 2

@eureka thanks for reporting back. So the FGT is indeed crashing. My graph in the previous post matches up with their explanation, the blue and the purple line agree! They do not say if this happens with or without sensor. I'll find out in a few days ;-)

Edited by petergebruers

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

On 12/15/2017 at 9:48 PM, eureka said:

@petergebruers I think he was talking about with sensor as I was talking about the product with sensor

18 hours ago, samuelAN said:

Is the regulation issue also present when no external sensor is used?

(...)

Well, I can only speak for myself. After about one week of correct operation, my second FGT with included sensor also crashed. But there is more... I have removed the sensor, excluded and included the valve. That worked for about 48 hours. But now the room is 24 °C with a set point of 21. So mine seems to "crash" even without the external sensor. I am pretty certain it is not a mechanical issue: if you turn the knob to the lowest setting, the valve closes. I have removed the FGT (using the cyan menu, aka "standby mode") and put back my mechanical valve. At roughy the same time, I also removed the sensor from my first valve. This one hasn't crashed yet... So I'd say the problem is difficult to reproduce.

Edited by petergebruers

Hello guys!

Thank you for your patience!

I just wanted to make sure that those information posted by @eureka are accurate:

- extra sensor reports every 10 minutes to the thermostatic head

- The Fibaro Heat Controller reports to the HC every 2-3 hours or when the temperature readings differ by 0.5-1 degree from the last report

- we found some incorrect calculations

I can confirm that we are preparing an update for The Fibaro Heat Controller. However, I cannot specify any dates just yet.

I am having problems with an FGT-001 (with external sensor) on my Vera Lite based system.

I can control the set point no problem, but the valve does not regulate the room temperature at all, with or without the external sensor.

When the firmware update is available, will I be able to update my FGT-001 without needing to use one of the Fibaro Home Center controllers?

I think the FGT-001 have a few issues.

These three share a common external sensor but now show different temperatures. Also appear to crash as reported by @petergebruers

Please login or register to see this attachment.