Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Homekit Switch Installation Issue

Drifthshadow

Hey Fibaro family!

A user from Singapore here wanting to make his unsmart home a bit smarter. So my dining room lights and stuff are using Philips Hue, no issue there, but my study room light I wanted to go with a ceiling light, and I wasn't willing to pay 400-500USD for a single Philips Hue Ceiling light, so I got a normal ceiling light.

Now in Singapore (Not sure about other countries) the light switches at the wall have no neutral wire, and I get that. I'm quite blessed that my ceiling light is quite big and has a cover so I figured why not connect the switch inside the light itself, hidden underneath the cover. 

My uncle who's a certified electrician did exactly as the YouTube video said, Live wire into L (beside Q), then a new live wire from Q out to the light itself. The neutral (blue) wire from the ceiling goes into a wire connector, split out to 2, one into the light and another into N port of the switch. 

Now when I switch on my mains, there's a green light that shows on the switch for like 1-2 seconds, and then it switches off. I can't pair the switch via scanning the Homekit code whatsoever. 

Any suggested solutions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Also, is the S1 and other L switch supposed to be in use? Cuz the manual suggests connecting it to the switch, but I'm placing my switch where the light is at the ceiling so.... hmmm.

Edited by Drifthshadow
Added question.

Hello @Drifthshadow!

Welcome to our community!

7 hours ago, Drifthshadow said:

My uncle who's a certified electrician did exactly as the YouTube video said, Live wire into L (beside Q), then a new live wire from Q out to the light itself. The neutral (blue) wire from the ceiling goes into a wire connector, split out to 2, one into the light and another into N port of the switch. 

Is it possible for you to take a picture of your setup? 

7 hours ago, Drifthshadow said:

(Not sure about other countries) the light switches at the wall have no neutral wire

It's not necessarily the country but the age of installation. There are neutral wires in wall switches in Poland but it hasn't been always that way. 

You can check out (or your uncle) my journey with neutral-lacking electrical installation

Please login or register to see this link.