Emma

Wall plug unresponsive

Question

I have a wall plug that after a while (sometimes days, sometimes weeks) becomes unresponsive according to Homekit. An easy fix is to pull it from the socket and put it back in again, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a remote controlled socket. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Wall plug type F, firmware version 4.3.20

I have exactly the same problem, I'm already in contact with Fibaro support about this but no solution yet and my wall plugs are also type F with the same firmware v.4.3.20. All of my 4 plugs have this problem.

Hello @Emma!

We are investigating the issue. I don't know any dates for now.

I have 2 wall plugs for HomemKit and both of them become unresponsive from time to time.

I look forward for a quick fix. Otherwise wall plugs are in fact useless.

Just another data point: I am experiencing the exact same problem. My Fibaro Homekit wall plug periodically becomes unresponsive.

Same issue here.

Firmware n. v.4.3.20. Please fix the firmware, it's unusable.

On 27/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, I.Srodka said:

Hello @Emma!

Please, tell us something more. It's a firmware bug or should i return it to apple store? With this problem is unusable for me.

@dvd2000, firmware update for Wall Plug Wi-Fi is being vetted by Apple. 

It's their turn now, hopefully, it will be accepted within a week, max. two weeks.

14 godzin temu, I.Srodka napisał:

@dvd2000, firmware update for Wall Plug Wi-Fi is being vetted by Apple. 

It's their turn now, hopefully, it will be accepted within a week, max. two weeks.

Great, looking really forward for it and hope that this update can solve this problem.

Now Wall Plug for Homekit shows as a second product from Fibaro after Flood sensor on Apple Store official site

It is over 3 weeks since you submitted the firmware update to Apple. I still cannot see any upgrades in the Home app or Fibaro App.

Any news regarding the approval of the firmware update?

• Inquirer
  • 1.8.0 was released 5 days ago, it seems. I updated, but the wall plug is still on 4.3.20.

Shouldn’t a firmware update for the devices be independent from the app version, i.e. that the app checks all the available Fibaro devices and their firmware versions and then checks those against the latest compatible firmware versions in the online repository? That’s how most of the other stuff I have here works.

Not always but very often firmware updates are independent from the app version. In this case 1.8.0 was only app update so we still need to wait for a firmware update from Fibaro

• Inquirer
  • So why the “firmware update for Wall Plug Wi-Fi is being vetted by Apple. It's their turn now, hopefully, it will be accepted within a week, max. two weeks” then?  One way or the other, it doesn’t make much sense anymore.

And no answer from fibaro. Buyed this brand new plugs from apple store and never worked in a reliable manner from day one. 

At this point I think i will return them next week.

On 27.02.2018 at 2:46 PM, I.Srodka said:

Hello @Emma!

I bought 6 wall plugs and have the same issue 

• Inquirer
  • I wrote support and asked if the earlier message about new firmware being available was false. Got this as an answer:

Hello Emma,

It was true, however our Software Dep. did not implement new firmware yet, there is a ticket for this issue – SFS-746,

I’m very sorry for such situation, I forwarded your monit to our Software Dep. in order to speed up the process,

I guess they’ve got a lot to learn about Continuous Integration and Continuous Development. (That’s my polite version...)

• Like 1

Until they learn about integrations I prefer cheap China made sensors. 

No  response from support at all

15 hours ago, Emma said:

I wrote support and asked if the earlier message about new firmware being available was false. Got this as an answer:

I guess they’ve got a lot to learn about Continuous Integration and Continuous Development. (That’s my polite version...)

Let me understand:

one month ago they tell us the firmware was ready and sent to Apple...

Now there is no new firmware yet.

It's a joke?

Dnia 11.04.2018 o 14:40, mszfcz napisał:

Not always but very often firmware updates are independent from the app version. In this case 1.8.0 was only app update so we still need to wait for a firmware update from Fibaro

Yes updates app and devices are independent. Wallplug team preparing update please wait a bit more.