Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems with iPhone and iPadd

schata

Question

Hi Fibaro Team, 

I kindly ask to support me to solve some problems. 

1. The ipad where I´m running your app on doesnt ring when it is locked. I have to leave it always on when I want to be notified about a visitor. Thats not really acceptable from several points. 

2. The sound is scratchy and there are cuts in transmission, so several words may be missed. Not acceptable for an Intercom at all.

3. I also experienced that the ring function stops working sometimes on the device itself. I press the ring button an nothing happens. Normally it makes a sound with blinking blue lights. Sometimes it does not and in this case no notifications are sent to the iOS devices. The Intercom needs to be restarted to get it work again.

4. The ring tone cannot be changed. The app ring tone it horrible.

The problems exist on both WiFi and LAN connection.

I really love the disign of this cute device but all the points above make it unusable at all. 

Thanks

Alex 

10 answers to this question

I think it would be best if you contacted our tech support at

Please login or register to see this link.

They'll be able to help you with those issues.

Tech support don't seem to be able to help in relation to point 3 - crashes:

3. I also experienced that the ring function stops working sometimes on the device itself. I press the ring button an nothing happens. Normally it makes a sound with blinking blue lights. Sometimes it does not and in this case no notifications are sent to the iOS devices. The Intercom needs to be restarted to get it work again.

I have same issue intermittently rendering intercom useless...Support reply indicates Engineers are unable to work out why my intercom crashes. I still have open ticket.

Fibaro really need to escalate this issue - clearly others have same issue so it is a manufacturer issue that requires addressing. I am still in the dark as to whether this is software or hardware related. 

The issues with crashes and lost rings has been ongoing since February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by northyorks

@northyorks We're well aware of that issue and I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We're still working on fixing this issue. I can assure you that it's not being ignored. Please, have a bit more patience.

Would you be so kind to update the information about progress of problem resolving? Unfortunately I cannot still hear the ringing on iPad2 and iPhone-X. 

I wish you good day.

• Like 2