Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×

Question

The new version of the Multireg/HeatIt z-wave thermostat for electrical heating has now been released, it seems, see  

Please login or register to see this link.

Here it says "available Q2/2018" but the Z-TRM2 product has recently been included in the supplier's catalog.

The new 

Thermofloor (in Norwegian), indicates that integration with Fibaro Home Center 2 has been tested, including templates etc. Looks promising!

If anyone installs this device and includes it in a Fibaro system, please share your experience here! 

8 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this code.

Just got the Z-TRM2. It seems like the pairing time on the Heatis is to short so it goes in to Err before the pairing is done with the Fibaro. With the first Heatit is was no problem and it worked great. Now you have to try and set up the system manually. Any suggestions?

• Inquirer
  • ThermoFloor, the supplier, has been responsive before when contacted about their z-wave certification. I suggest sending them an e-mail (post@thermo-floor.no), explaining your set-up and experience. Please share the response here - I am about to order and install a number of these!

I got ansver frome Thermo now. The new type is not supported with templates in Fibaro. They are working with it and should be ready soon. While waiting he sent me the setup procedyre. Also with a link to youtube. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for sharing! It seems ThermoFloor was ahead of themselves when releasing their 2018 sales catalog back in May. The text and pictures there made me believe that Fibaro integration and templates were already in place. Does anyone know what it would take to use a template which is published after I have installed and configured a device? Does that require a complete re-install?

And if ThermoFloor happens to read this: When do you expect to have a full integration including templates ready?

I'm also waiting for the Z-TRM2...

They've made a statement about the software problems on their site

We need a bit more patience I guess...

• Inquirer
  • @Alexjuul : Have you succeeded in your configuration yet, using the procedure from ThermoFloor? 

• Inquirer
  • The producers have recently (Oct.1)

that they see a need for hardware changes to their design, not only firmware.They have no fixed date for resolving the problem. Replacement units, when they become available, are offered to those experiencing problems with units already installed.

The development of the Z-TRM2 seems to be a project which has taken ThermoFloor out of their league. Several delays, certification problems, immature firmware, and now hardware problems are classic symptoms of a project which has been too-big-to-handle for the organization. We, the users, can only hope that they will succeed in the end. For electric heating, HeatIt/ThermoFloor/Multireg seems to be the only option for a z-wave thermostat.