Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Scenes not running, unless there is an IP-network connection.

DrPepper

Question

Hi,

Running 4.180 version of HC2 SW. But, I have noticed the phenomena also on the 4.170. Not sure about earlier versions though.

Situation/Scenario:

1. Leaving home for a week to business travel.

2. Cautious about risks for lightning - pulling all electronics apart from "absolute bare minimum".

3. HC2 is using regular network cable.

4. As HC2 is to run during absence, but rest of network is not, cable between HC2 network outlet and rest of network (switch, router etc) is disconnected to avoid "rolling lightning bolts" still hitting electronics just because they are physically connected.

Expected outcome:

Any scene triggered automatically, based on time or other local value/setting/trigger device, should still run.

Actual outcome:

Scenes not triggered automatically.

Extra information:

Once network cable is connected to switch/router, scene activation starts to work again as per expectation.

Please let me know if you need more data to trouble-shoot this phenomena.

Kindly,

DrPepper

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

That must be a change somewhere in version 4.xxxx then, because I had NO issues with that when I ran 3.xxxx versions.

Also, there is little or no reason it would be needed - the device said from the start it did not require internet.

So, this is clearly a bug, compared to the original specs.

Sincerely,

DrPepper

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

So, will this be reported as a bug or do I need to do that myself?

Sincerely,

DrPepper

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Apparently you and I disagree on what your product statement means.

So, where do I report this as a bug - because it is if you're to stay true to original statement that the device can be stand-alone.

Sincerely,

DrPepper

Edited by DrPepper

There seems to be a misunderstanding. By LAN I do not mean internet connection. In order for the system to work properly you need a LAN connection.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

No misunderstanding here.

Ex: I bring a router to a vacation home, connect the HC2 up there, make the scenes using a tablet or computer and then disconnect because I don't have any internet connection and don't need one. I still expect the HC2 to perform the scenes operations I've defined.

What is most annoying is that in old 3.x this worked like a charm and at least as late as 4.170 (probably earlier) this stopped working and no notification about the change.

Sincerely,

DrPepper

No problems on that on my 4.180 system.

Questions: Did you disconnect the router from power or just removed the Internet connection?

By the way if HC2 and tablet or PC connected on same LAN switch  then you can disconnected the router from power and everything should continue to work as usual.