Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't Operate Some HCL Scenes from Google Assistant

Eamonw

Question

Good Day All,

I'm new to Fibaro and have purchased a HCL on the confirmation from Fibaro support that it would wllow me to Open and Close Fakro Windows and Blinds through Google Assistant. I've have limited success with this and queries to Fibaro support have been met with stonewalling after the sale was made. They pointed me to the help files, which are not the easiest to follow and are inconsistent but none the less, it seems as if all is set up as required by Help.

I cannot  get the Hey Google, talk to Fibaro command to work. The boomy Fibaro voice cannot find any devices. It can find the HCL, but noting attached. Support did say that this was due to the fact that they are "security devices" ? A Window Blind? Stonewalling I think.

Hopefully someone here may have encountered something similar and knows a solution?

Attached is a screenshot of the 4 scenes I have setup in HCL

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_09/1775126179_FibaroFig1.png.d609d1b0b2d3cd20686e87ce228eb355.png" />

Next are two screen shots showing the configuration of Blinds Evening which is similar to Blinds Morning – both of these scenes are visible in my Google Assistant and I can successfully activate them by saying “Hey Google, activate Blinds Evening” for example. Blinds Evening and Morning are created using Graphics Blocks while Blinds Open and Close are created using Magic Scenes.

216919380_FibaroFig2.png.09e5af58a3dbc3494e1ba043c978187d.png

948699661_FibaroFig3.png.a63939814ef38b9f390d5b049adc1e04.png

Next are screen shots of the Blinds Open scene (which is the same as Blinds Close except reated using Magic Scenes) – these do not show in Google Assistant - Can't figure out why.

1018998617_FibaroFig4.png.81a979f8d3c1d566b5ea139efee7d37f.png

2031568326_FibaroFig5.png.4c426f4f1fb48661ae4e99d5731d460a.png

As you can see below, the Blinds Evening and Blinds Morning Scenes show up in for Google Assistant but not the Blinds Open or Close. Even if I copy the existing Blinds Morning or Blinds Evening Scenes (created using Graphics Blocks), giving the copied instances a new name, they still do not show up for Google Assistant.

image.png.8910087fbe49875b3c6bf959a3a66a16.png

Lastly is a screen shot of all my devices:

107622826_FibaroFig7.png.290459921d1df90d5fe5af6f3eed109d.png

Here are examples of the configuration of 1 each of the blind and Skylight

385720762_FibaroFig8.png.a643adac1f6808f22245848019b314bd.png

1639392944_FibaroFig9.png.d9c899a8650d14e7d541f89ba30e887e.png

1745373878_FibaroFig10.png.f7fdd740656738e736f7e8c0205e27f2.png

1607605754_FibaroFig11.png.ad14bbb804cc4089e2c715cc6b135995.png

The scenes I have set up for morning and evening trigger all blinds from the HCL itself. My goal is to be able to activate Blind 1 – 4 (open & close) and Skylights 1 – 4 (open & close) - all individually from my Google Assistant through voice by saying “Hey Google, open Roof Light 1” for example. Has anyone cracked something like this before?

Any tips are appreciated.

Regards,

Eamon.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

The only difference I see is that there is no trigger in the open and close scene. In the morning and evening scene you have time as a trigger.

Try to add a trigger, just add temperature and then if temperature is more than 500ºC it should open/close.... Now you have a trigger (that doesn't work because I hope it will never get to 500ºC?).

After this you have to tell Google to sync my devices.

Why do you use Hey Google talk to Fibaro. You can also use Hey Google turn on lights, skip the talk to Fibaro part. But you have to set it up the correct way. 

See this link and follow the steps in section FIBARO Smart Home for the Google Assistant (Home control)   

Please login or register to see this link.

I hope this helps.

Kevin

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Kevin,

That worked! The trigger seems to be what was missing from my scenes.

So am I right in my understanding that the way to go about this is to create a scene for each open and close action for each device - 4 Devices = 8 Scenes?

Actually, for the two existing scenes that had worked, in GH I just say "Hey Google, Activate <Scene Name>" rather than the "Talk to Fibaro" command, which is way too clunky - and does not seem to work.

Many thanks again!

Regards,

Eamon.

Hi Eamon,

Yes you need to create a lot of scenes, for every open or close command one scene.

• Like 1