Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 is comming ?

fingusio

Question

Hello

I heard some news that new Home Center 3 comming in first quarter 2020.

Any other info someone have ?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

Maybe there is an 700 chip aboard.

Hehehe interesting idea... I know the answer to that question but I'd like to stay friends with Fibaro for a little longer.

I bet marketing will tell us if it has 700 series if that fact is important.

We can also debate if that chip is relevant "until the cows come home" - I am happy HC2 user with 90-100 physical nodes and that one uses an even older chip, since about 2013! But it does not support certain diagnostics that were introduced later. We don't know what the future of the 500 and 700 chip is, Silabs does not reveal their plans. At the moment, SDKs for both products get updates.

IMHO the hardware won't be a deal breaker. It will be in the "HC 5" firmware, what it supports at launch and what they manage to add to it in the following months and years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROBBshop said:

Unfortunately, an internal error has been made here regarding 499 euros. We only offer the HC3 for 499 euro when you exchange your HC2 if it has been purchased from us. Apologies for the confusion!

Regards,

ROBBshop

Thank you for this information! Is this offer limited? Before I "upgrade" to a new unit I want to see which way the cat jumps. It's a lot of money to upgade a machine I bought 1,5 years ago.

1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

I know the answer to that question but I'd like to stay friends with Fibaro for a little longer.

I wouldn't either, risc my friendship with Fibaro, and I donn't gonna dissect my HC3 to satisfy my curiousity. ?

Edited by Flash

We don't know what the future of the 500 and 700 chip is, Silabs does not reveal their plans. At the moment, SDKs for both products get updates.

and that's the second reason, beause waiting for that means to wait another year to get HC3 ready

On twitter they say that the components of Home Center 3 are ready to be compatible with HomeKit ... if people ask for it and Apple will give the OK! 

13 hours ago, Stiven said:

Did anyone get a sneak peak on the interface?

here 

Please login or register to see this link.

3 hours ago, tinman said:

here 

And here...

• Like 2

Guest kallecux

Hi,

is it known whether Hue components are recognized as "lights"?

Greetings!

The new UI looks good, however is it a polished look with the same questionable system underneath?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D-Vine said:

Shame the new interface is not coming to the HC2

I think the new UI will put a to havy load on the HCL/HC2 cpu. Otherwise it would be a waste of resources to keep 2 UI alive.

2 hours ago, D-Vine said:

I'm also afraid that Fibaro will concentrate more on the HC3 than the HC2 when it comes out.

Doubt it because there a no signs to phase out the HCL, and its has the same interface as the HC2.

1. Will HC3 be able to implement surveillance cameras with enhanced security "Digest authentication"?
    My camera Technaxx TX-67 lacks "Basic authentication" and therefore cannot be used in HCL/HC2.

2. And will cameras that only have RTSP work?

Maybe some beta tester can answer this.

6 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

1. Will HC3 be able to implement surveillance cameras with enhanced security "Digest authentication"?
    My camera Technaxx TX-67 lacks "Basic authentication" and therefore cannot be used in HCL/HC2.

H.265 streams?

A best practice to get people to upgrade to a new platform is to make sure that it's backward compatible with existing apps.

In our case it's the scenes and VDs people spent a lot of time and effort coding and configuring... the cost of the box itself tends to be the minor post...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jgab said:

A best practice to get people to upgrade to a new platform is to make sure that it's backward compatible with existing apps.

In our case it's the scenes and VDs people spent a lot of time and effort coding and configuring... the cost of the box itself tends to be the minor post...

This is not a best practice, this is a must! The new box should be future proof, backwards compatible with extra features and technologies. 

7 hours ago, RH_Dreambox said:

You just need a plugin for that camera that works with basic auth only

HC3 Z-Wave range is excellent... In my house... YMMV.

Here's how I've tested that... I've added a z-wave.me UZB1 controller (a series 500 Z-Wave Plus controller) then used my "NOP tester" (see below for background info, geek stuff) on my laptop to "survey the house".

For the not so technically inclined: I get a 100 kbit/s connection in my house and in my garden shed, so HC3 should be able to have a direct connection (no delays due to routing) in about 99% of all cases. Old HC2 can get direct connection to most modules as well, limited to 40k of course, but not in the garden shed, and not every spot in the garden has a reliable connection. I would say, HC3 covers roughly 30% more distance as they claim.

For geeks...

Please login or register to see this code.

As you can see, no routing, direct ACK (no retries) and a fair bit of RX margin (say ... 10 dB) in my shed ;)

Of course, I cannot tell what the HC3 receives, I have no RX stats from that side, but I can say that moving the UZB1 breaks the signal so the margin is less, but still OK.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

HC3 Z-Wave range is excellent

Thank you for sharing.

Will put an extra load on my patience. before I get one. ?

13 hours ago, petergebruers said:

HC3 Z-Wave range is excellent... In my house... YMMV.

I have my HC2 inside a 19"rack installed, but the Z-Wave antenna is outide this iron 19"rack.

Does the z-wave range infact the signal and range when you put the HC3 inside a 19"rack?   ( doors and sides are open)

Home center 3 available to order on vesternet for those in the UK now.  Here's my referral link for £10 off: