Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Native support of ZigBee ?

olafkatzer

Question

I have to say still:

- no zigbee support or transparent info on when such support would be added .

Covid for IT world means more work done and not interruption of anything.

- The VOIP not working 

These are functionalities which should be there and working already.

I do not think HC 3 is rubbish. With the exception of some low quality topics in the software the HC 3 is ok.

Still dear Fibaro when do you plan to deliver to your customers working functionality for which they have paid?

HC3 hardware is ready to support zigbee but "software support will be added in the future... "

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 5/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, michal85pl said:

HC3 hardware is ready to support zigbee but "software support will be added in the future... "

typically Fibaro and what is the meaning of "in the future". What is then the benefit of HC3 at the moment. My old HC2 is running very well, but I want to get rid of the hue bridge.

This is ridiculous. Are there any informations about the implementation of Zigbee? I have a lot of Zigbee device that need to be supported and cannot be implemented over light bridges like hue or tradfri

• Like 1

Fibaro sell the HC3 but it’s not ready yet. It is a semi finish product for high price, it is a joke... 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, nadtom said:

Fibaro sell the HC3 but it’s not ready yet. It is a semi finish product for high price, it is a joke... 

Agree!

• Thanks 1

I am so regretful  to buy HC3 nothing works except limited Z-Wave device, even I cannot transfer my scenes  my HC2 is working ok than HC3, why they are selling this devices while it is not complete, Just planning to say good buy to Fibaro, this company is very lazy  

• Like 1

At least fibaro could extend warranty for hc3, when they make funkcional product than 2 years warranty. I submited complain to 

Please login or register to see this link.

and the 

against fibaro. Hope they will sanction them . Its a fraud 

I urge users to submit complain too, let them be fined. 

• Like 2

Well they shouldn't release product if its not ready . Constumers were under impression that everythings works. But really, nothing works

• Like 2

Don’t be silly @VedranS On the release of the HC3 there was a lot of info on the forum. Everyone was able to inform himself. I knew what I was going in to. You could too. 

If nothing works, what are all those HC3 users doing at home with their HC3. Get up your act, if nothing works on your HC3. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

You seem to defend fibaro a lot? Are you in fibaro company? Btw not everyone have intention to learn lua, i have firm that is not in IT branch. From your posts it seems you are a littke bit cocky with your knowledge.  I dont have time to learn programming language which is basicly dead. Even if i do its not going to be lua. 

I just checked the online manual for hc3, there is no mention of zigbee, just zwave and wifi connectivity.

But LUA is mentioned several times, complete with links to programming guides.

If you aren't happy with your HC3 then sell it on eBay, and take your negativity elsewhere.

• Thanks 2

Well, let me point out to you, this is manual which came in box with hc3. I dont know. Maybe you can research some more. 

@VedranS i think i explained couple of times already (use search) why the other protocols are in the manual, so i make it short ->simply fact - they have to, or Fibaro would never pass EMC tests. That means, the hardware need to be able to send/receive all the protocols during the certification process. Of course all the technology/frequency used in the product must be in the manual as well. That's all - everything else got postponed due to covid (as mentioned by Fibaro multiple times here in forum and social media).

@VedranS you don't have to learn anything, if lua it's too stupid / dead for you, or you are too stupid or too lazy to learn - ask certified installer in your country -

or directly Fibaro to get some support

The HC3 can be configured / "programmed" / maintained by avarage joe, but that joe still need to do something (i'm Fibaro trainer, and pretty sure even my cats could learn how to configure HC3) - or to ask certified installer to get professional help. Yes, you might ask here in forum, but i don't think someone would spend time with you, simply because - as you said - you have no idea about and don't want to spend time. As already mentioned, Fibaro is prepared for such situation as well, with large certified installers network (you might ask NICE installers as well, lot of them got already Fibaro certification, not all are already listed on website -> 

• Thanks 3

I have to absolutely agree with Mr Vedran here and you should perhaps really check whether it is fraud if it is mentioned in the description and does not work! I am a private user and have a Schwaiger Home Gateway which looks like a lightbulb, but it works, is also reasonably understandable for private users, supported by zwave and ZigBee. Also sensors and actuators from Fibaro :-)! It is also cheaper! I also have a Fibaro HC 2 in operation, it works in the Z Wave area and I can handle it. The HC 3 is a catastrophe that starts with the web interface. My language is German and this is apparently LUA German auweia if you can then see what the device costs ... I'll deal with the Lidl controller next. Price 20 euros only supports ZigBee. I'm curious, as already mentioned, I'm a small private user!

Ich muss Herrn VedranS hier absolut zustimmen und Sie sollten vielleicht wirklich prüfen, ob es sich um Betrug handelt, wenn er in der Beschreibung erwähnt wird und nicht funktioniert! Ich bin ein privater Benutzer und habe ein Schwaiger Home Gateway, das wie eine Glühbirne aussieht, aber funktioniert. Es ist auch für private Benutzer einigermaßen verständlich, unterstützt von zwave und ZigBee. Auch Sensoren und Aktoren von Fibaro :-)! Es ist auch billiger! Ich habe auch einen Fibaro HC 2 in Betrieb, er funktioniert im Z Wave-Bereich und ich kann damit umgehen. Der HC 3 ist eine Katastrophe, die mit dem Webinterface beginnt. Meine Sprache ist Deutsch und dies ist anscheinend LUA Deutsch auweia, wenn Sie dann sehen können, was das Gerät kostet ... Ich werde mich als nächstes mit dem Lidl-Controller befassen. Preis 20 Euro unterstützt nur ZigBee. Ich bin neugierig, wie bereits erwähnt, ich bin ein kleiner privater Benutzer!

Edited by PrivatHome
    • Like 2