Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Native support of ZigBee ?

olafkatzer

Question

Its not worth arguing any more, at least not for me, new users will see that its a mistake to spend money on this system. I dont know how many users fibaro has, maybe 4000? And on this forum maybe 5 people who knows and have a will do develop something? Marketplace is empty for a year. It has 2,3 good quick app.  That is not acceptible for many users, not just me. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 8:14 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

If you like the Schwaiger Home Gateway, get rid of the Fibaro gateway and use the Schwaiger. 

Sir, if I like a big b( .)(. )bs like Samantha Fox, is still I need to change my wife, with which I have been for over 30 years?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 10der said:

Sir, if I like a big b( .)(. )bs like Samantha Fox, is still I need to change my wife, with which I have been for over 30 years?

Yes, or stop complaining about your sweet wife with small b( .)(. )bs ?

19 hours ago, VedranS said:

Its not worth arguing any more, at least not for me, new users will see that its a mistake to spend money on this system. I dont know how many users fibaro has, maybe 4000? And on this forum maybe 5 people who knows and have a will do develop something? Marketplace is empty for a year. It has 2,3 good quick app.  That is not acceptible for many users, not just me. 

I have to absolutely agree with you and it is no longer worth arguing here! I'll take a different path.

19 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

then why are you here ?

Oh my goodness Vedran S and private users where are we here ??

On 12/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

If you like the Schwaiger Home Gateway, get rid of the Fibaro gateway and use the Schwaiger. 

That's exactly what I'm going to do. I already mentioned that! Are you interested in buying the Gateway HC3? Or do you know someone who would like to buy this?

On 5/3/2020 at 6:56 PM, olafkatzer said:

Hello,

ist ZigBee native supported by HC3.

I want to controll Hue Lights without Hue Bridge.

thanks

According to the description, yes but ... I don't know Philips Hue ... maybe about LUA ... BUA or HUE A ... Joking aside, I don't know ... Does anyone from the HC3 experts here know?

Laut Beschreibung ja aber.... Philips Hue weiß ich nicht ... vielleicht über LUA... BUA oder HUE A... Spaß beiseite weiss ich nicht...Weiss das jemand von den HC3 Experten hier?

Edited by PrivatHome
additional question

On 12/8/2020 at 11:48 PM, VedranS said:

VedraS, I am absolutely agree with you!  

Will not look any further in this forum. At first I thought I was in a forum where Fibaro himself is involved with admin support. However, this is not the case and by experts I understand something else! It is a problem from the Fibaro company. I have to see if I can get ahead directly through the CEO ... Otherwise I will disconnect the HC3 now. Maybe I'll try to offer the Power Gate to see what's on offer ...

I asked and this is the response

Due to COVID-19 Zigbee implementation had to be postponed - my sincerest apologies for that, however we were not provided any dates

• Like 1

unfortunately for example i am selling my Z-Wave devices and replace by ZigBee. 

one never knows and with last device with Z-wave will be sell HC3 also.

my current ZigBee network is 20 devices vs 100 (now 65) works perfectly!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 10der said:

Here it's the other way around, 100 zwave - 30 zigbee (for now)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xAPPO said:

You are getting memory issues in MQTT QA’s too ?  I haven’t really seen this and I have around 100+ MQTT devices integrated with HC3 and some of those update frequently - every few seconds.  But just occasionally I do get stalls in processing.

I am back to node-red. Hc3 still living with only zwave devices 

There is but one law in this mess render unto Caesar (bible)

On 1/26/2021 at 6:41 PM, 10der said:

The funny thing is that more and more people around me are doing the same.

Edited by akatar

After I've been on the fibaro website
so I saw that they write that hc3 only supports z-wave and wifi
so it's a question of whether it will ever support 868 MHz. Zigbee and 433 Mhz, Bluetooth

Fibaro support answered that Zigbee is waiting for certification, but as you would expect no estimated time when will that be...

5 hours ago, gooba said:

Fibaro support answered that Zigbee is waiting for certification, but as you would expect no estimated time when will that be...

F*baro support confusing ZigBee proto with Nice and new ver of ZWave proto.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, gooba said:

give me the name of that support person via PM

On 3/4/2021 at 7:07 PM, 10der said:

F*baro support confusing ZigBee proto with Nice and new ver of ZWave proto.

There is no certification for NICE protocols, and zwave is already certificated, so can be for real (the number of likes, related to HC3, given by zigbee alliance increased in last weeks, so who knows), or just idgaf because that support person was tired

• Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 11:05 PM, SmartHomeEddy said:

if you are convinced the HC3 is rubbish, and you try to sell rubbish to “another sucker”, they can file a lawsuit against you. There are people on this forum who know how that works ?. And someone selling something that is rubbish is a jerk. 

That means Fibaro is a jerk ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I upgraded my HC2 to HC3 in February 2020, and I was very surprised when I actually got it almost promptly. I was leaning between going Homey or staying loyal to Fibaro, expecting the same functionality. The ZigBee support was indeed THE most important factor that made me stay with FIbaro.

Now, 15 months later I can clearly see that the support for ZigBee is STILL not there. The expected short time frame  until the feature would be available turned out to be anything but short.

I will not sue Fibaro for false promises, and I am also not likely to pay through my nose for a competing alternative but Is there ANY forecast on when this will be available? 

• Thanks 1