Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Native support of ZigBee ?

olafkatzer

Question

HC3 hardware is ready to support zigbee but "software support will be added in the future... "

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 5/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, michal85pl said:

HC3 hardware is ready to support zigbee but "software support will be added in the future... "

typically Fibaro and what is the meaning of "in the future". What is then the benefit of HC3 at the moment. My old HC2 is running very well, but I want to get rid of the hue bridge.

This is ridiculous. Are there any informations about the implementation of Zigbee? I have a lot of Zigbee device that need to be supported and cannot be implemented over light bridges like hue or tradfri

• Like 1

Fibaro sell the HC3 but it’s not ready yet. It is a semi finish product for high price, it is a joke... 

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nadtom said:

Fibaro sell the HC3 but it’s not ready yet. It is a semi finish product for high price, it is a joke... 

Agree!

• Thanks 1

I am so regretful  to buy HC3 nothing works except limited Z-Wave device, even I cannot transfer my scenes  my HC2 is working ok than HC3, why they are selling this devices while it is not complete, Just planning to say good buy to Fibaro, this company is very lazy  

• Like 2

At least fibaro could extend warranty for hc3, when they make funkcional product than 2 years warranty. I submited complain to 

Please login or register to see this link.

and the 

against fibaro. Hope they will sanction them . Its a fraud 

I urge users to submit complain too, let them be fined. 

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1

Putting zigbee hardware on board the HC3 was a smart move...makes it much more future proof.

Understand your frustrations, home automation is a technology moving very fast, unfair to expect Fibaro to create loads of new features all at once.

Well they shouldn't release product if its not ready . Constumers were under impression that everythings works. But really, nothing works

• Like 3

Don’t be silly @VedranS On the release of the HC3 there was a lot of info on the forum. Everyone was able to inform himself. I knew what I was going in to. You could too. 

If nothing works, what are all those HC3 users doing at home with their HC3. Get up your act, if nothing works on your HC3. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

Well considering questions on forum. They are asking for solutions and workaround to have their product working. 

I bought hc3 because they said it works. And you cant view some topics in fobum if you dont have fibaro id

• Like 4

You seem to defend fibaro a lot? Are you in fibaro company? Btw not everyone have intention to learn lua, i have firm that is not in IT branch. From your posts it seems you are a littke bit cocky with your knowledge.  I dont have time to learn programming language which is basicly dead. Even if i do its not going to be lua. 

I just checked the online manual for hc3, there is no mention of zigbee, just zwave and wifi connectivity.

But LUA is mentioned several times, complete with links to programming guides.

If you aren't happy with your HC3 then sell it on eBay, and take your negativity elsewhere.

• Like 2
    • Thanks 2

Well, let me point out to you, this is manual which came in box with hc3. I dont know. Maybe you can research some more. 

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1