Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Quick Apps visible in Home Center App UI?

Smart_Finger

Question

Hi,

I'm new to Fibaro (HC3) and just finding my way around things. I've seen some reference in other forums that Quick Apps (buttons / controls) are not currently available in the Home Center mobile app - is this correct and still the case? Seems like a pretty basic requirement to be able to use Quick Apps doesn't it, or am I missing something? Otherwise, what is the point of them and how do you use them from your mobile other than building individual scenes for each action you want to take with it?

Is anyone aware of a mobile app update on the horizon soon which will allow control of Quick Apps from the mobile app UI?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Smart_Finger said:

Hi,

I'm new to Fibaro (HC3) and just finding my way around things. I've seen some reference in other forums that Quick Apps (buttons / controls) are not currently available in the Home Center mobile app - is this correct and still the case? Seems like a pretty basic requirement to be able to use Quick Apps doesn't it, or am I missing something? Otherwise, what is the point of them and how do you use them from your mobile other than building individual scenes for each action you want to take with it?

Is anyone aware of a mobile app update on the horizon soon which will allow control of Quick Apps from the mobile app UI?

Thanks

yes, QuickApps are not fully available in the mobile app. You can only see the icon and the value. Missing the QuickApps in the mobile app is a bit of a shame and yes, is a basic requirement. There are some workarounds with scenes to do some actions from the mobile app. 

There is also no iPad app. The old iPad app worked on the HC3 if you also had a HC2. 

There is a beta mobile app, with more QuickApp availability. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy
  • Like 2

@SmartHomeEddy you were faster :)

@Smart_Finger Yes, as SmartHomeEddy wrote, there are workarounds for using scenes. It works nicely if you don't have high demands.

If you don't want to wait for the final version to be released, take a look at an example.

• Like 2

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your quick replies @SmartHomeEddy and @Martin_N.

Pretty disappointing. Hopefully they release an upgraded version of the mobile app soon with major fixes and functionality improvements. The UX needs A LOT of work too...