Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

MQTT Only works at one QA at a atime

TECNORTE

Question

Hi there!

I am messing around with MQTT for integration with a third party device (Logic Machine 5) that has MQTT broker built in.

I have successefully connected a QA with MQTT and it commands a KNX group address just fine.

But, when I add a different QA to control another group address, subscibing a different topic of course, it behaves a bit strange.

When I edit the QA (I endup triggering it's OnInit function) it is normal and keeps working on the home menu but, the other QA I created before stops working.

Then, if I go to edit  the other QA (OnInit debug message comes in the console), this one takes the place of the previous QA, starts to work, but then the previous QA that was working stops responding.

I see a pattern here, that tells me the OnInit function of each device is not called at system startup (I rebooted to check).

Wouldn't it be best to create a scene at startup that could subscribe all the topics at the broker?

About that... is there anyone that can tell me how to use MQTT on scenes, instead of only on QA's?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TECNORTE
missed some info

1 answer to this question