Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 1

Geofencing-anyone, any help


Neo Andersson
 Share

Question

Hello guys

I have tried to contact fibaro support regarding my geofencing issues, but appart of thedefault questions and answers unfortunatelly noone could help me.

Maybe here I can find some answers.

My geofencing doesn't work at all. Never triggers.

All the usual, and necessary settings are correctly set up.

Location allowed for always

No restriction to run in backround

No battery saving restriction

I enabled for Yubii everything.

I have tried with several different accounts, not only with admin.

Double checked gps coordinates.

I  YUBII setting, geofencing is ON, so as I say, everything is set as it should be. Still nothing triggers.

 

Any Fibaro experts here?

 

Thanks a lot

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Posted (edited)

    and there is one thing to be mentioned..

    The QA says, that there are several persons using geofencing. well that is not true.

    There are only two devices, that has geofencing enabled, not all of them,  as it is shown on the list...

    Edited by Neo Andersson
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Unfortunatelly nobody could give me any advice..All the settings were million times checked..still doesnt work.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Try the new iOSLocator from JGab perhaps he  added what you want???

    //Sjakie

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 5 hours ago, Sjakie said:

    Try the new iOSLocator from JGab perhaps he  added what you want???

    //Sjakie

    Its not for android devices i think.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    its also for Android reed the info.

    //Sjakie

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    12 minutes ago, Sjakie said:

    its also for Android reed the info.

    //Sjakie

    Yes, but then it uses the HC3's (the apps) own location service ... that seems to be a problem for users at the moment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 6/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, Neo Andersson said:
    On 6/23/2022 at 1:20 PM, cag014 said:

    I meant set notification on your mobile phone when Yubii app accesses to Location. AT least you will know that app is works. 

    (I'm using Samsung "droid" phone) 

    Another suggestion , you can download

    Please login or register to see this link.

    just to monitor geofencing... )let me know if you need help)

    Use this line 

    {"$geoAction",{state="enter",trueAct={"","debug","$geoUser, $geoAction $geoLocationId"}, falseAct={"","trace","$geoUser, $geoAction $geoLocationId"}}},
     

    You should be able to see who, when and where ...

     

    Yes, i know what you mean. I have enabled everything for YUBII. There is nothing in Android that I can enable. Notifications, Location, Battery...everything. If there is any special setting panel in Android what I coouldnt see, please give m

    some advice where it is, becuase i scrolled through the entire phone settings like 50 time, and there is nothing more I can allo for some application.

    Maybe this problem is al related to my Android setup, i dont know, but i swear i have controlled every single setting option in my phone..There is nothing more I can do in phone settings.

    I also have this problem on my Samsung phone. I also have ticked and enabled everything that's been suggested on this post. Fibaro, HELP

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    19 hours ago, bluesti said:

    I also have this problem on my Samsung phone. I also have ticked and enabled everything that's been suggested on this post. Fibaro, HELP

    That's strange indeed, I have 2 Samsung and 4 iPhones, everything works fine for several months. No issues at all.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 7/2/2022 at 5:33 AM, cag014 said:

    That's strange indeed, I have 2 Samsung and 4 iPhones, everything works fine for several months. No issues at all.

    Are you able to screenshot your settings pls?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 12 hours ago, bluesti said:

    Are you able to screenshot your settings pls?

    Hi,

    I have answered this question to support many times. I know all the settings that are needed to be set. In fact i dream with them :-)

    I went to phone shop to check if the phone is okay..it is absolutelly okay

    I am afraid this wont be ever solved...and it is not only me..there are several people having this iksue.

    So here are the settings again..

    Anyway thanks for anyone who make any effort to help..

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    Yesterday I left home twice. Received 1 email that I was at home instead off 4! Geofence set in scene.

    //Sjakie

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    On 7/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, Neo Andersson said:

    Hi,

    I have answered this question to support many times. I know all the settings that are needed to be set. In fact i dream with them :-)

    I went to phone shop to check if the phone is okay..it is absolutelly okay

    I am afraid this wont be ever solved...and it is not only me..there are several people having this iksue.

    So here are the settings again..

    Anyway thanks for anyone who make any effort to help..

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Hello

    I've managed to crack this problem, I think. I'm know expert on geofencing by any means, however I've followed everything that's been posted, checked and double checked, fiddled and experimented.

     

    Finally, I got the phone message and email that told me that the scene to open my garage door via the geofencing, was activated.

     

    The secret, I changed the minimum distance of 150 metres to 650 metres. At least now I can work back from that measure so that my door opens as I come around the corner of my street.

     

    Try it, see if it works for you. I'm Android by the way

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • On 7/17/2022 at 12:00 PM, bluesti said:

    Hello

    I've managed to crack this problem, I think. I'm know expert on geofencing by any means, however I've followed everything that's been posted, checked and double checked, fiddled and experimented.

     

    Finally, I got the phone message and email that told me that the scene to open my garage door via the geofencing, was activated.

     

    The secret, I changed the minimum distance of 150 metres to 650 metres. At least now I can work back from that measure so that my door opens as I come around the corner of my street.

     

    Try it, see if it works for you. I'm Android by the way

    Thanks for the suggestion, i will definitelly give it a try.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    "Hello guys

    I have tried to contact fibaro support regarding my geofencing issues, but appart of thedefault questions and answers unfortunatelly noone could help me.

     

    I have had the same for a while. The solution I found O see never mentioned in this forum:

    - Go into the webpage of your Fibaro controler

    - choose "configuration"

    - Choose "access control"

    - select the user for who you want the geofencing to work

    - in edit select a refresch time for geofencing to refresh. Default is NO. And with no it never refreshes and never knows where tyou are

     

    For me this helped. Although even with refresh at 1 min, this works rather slow.  Not very usefull when you would like to use it for example to open your gate when you arrive at home or work. 

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 34 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

     @EPAFIB

    Could you add screenshot? I don’t see this option :(

     

    I cant see this option too

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    ok, but this is only for HC2 not for HC3

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...