Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Module state with hc3 when hc3l is slave

jluc2808

I'm with last release 5.1.141.59 beta on both home center hc3 and hc3l, zwave engine 2.0,  my hc3l is slave from hc3. 

I have include several module on the hc3l, FGS223 and fgs224, all was up and running. 

Since a few days, without change I couldn't see the state of all the module included on the hc3l, no mention of connected or disconnected, and I couldn't light on/off all the lamps wired to this module. Nothing append. 

The hc3l is alive and running, I could connect to both system with home.fibaro.com, to be sure I perform a new backup, which is OK. 

Question: is there normal that I couldn't see the state of the peripherical? 

What could I do to manage the module included with slave home center? 

Edited by jluc2808

1 hour ago, jluc2808 said:

What could I do to manage the module included with slave home center? 

As it says, beta, unpredictable behavior.

Meanwhile may I suggest using

Please login or register to see this link.

on your HC3 configuring HC3l as slave until stable release or finding the problem to fix your issue.

• Topic Author
  • Hello, i Havn’t understood what the AOQ is made for, because i have no migration to do.

my config is :hc3 for almost 212 modules and as the Z-Wave network couldn’t access 5 modules , i have setted an hc3l with a Wi-Fi for these 5 modules.

so to get a unique Z-Wave network i setted the hc3l as slave from the main hc3.

my problem is after 10 days without problem, and without any modification, all the modules included with the hc3l  become inaccessible, no on, no off, no state. Even more impossible to include another module, doesn’t reach the end of the inclusion.

the only solution was to reset the hc3l entirely. (of course i tried reboot, recovery from a backup, recovery from A, ..... without success)

2 questions :  the 5 modules already included before, are still registered and i couldn’t enforce a remove, is there a solution ?

could that situation be back again ?

Edited by jluc2808

@jluc2808Exclude a zwave device is a basic function every zwave controller can perform. Even if a specific zwave device, was never includet to this zwave controller.

In your case I recommend to to the following:

-Shut down and Power down the hc3l

-Restart HC3

-Start zwave exclude process on the hc3

-Start exclude process on each ghost zwave module according to the user manual.

For everey ghost zwave device, you have to start the exclude process on hc3 again.

On 7/19/2023 at 6:53 PM, jluc2808 said:

Hello, i Havn’t understood what the AOQ is made for, because i have no migration to do.

AOQ has nothing to do with migration... consider it as like block scene which can control any fibaro hub remotely (with or without migration).

AOQ will activate your device directly on HC3L, not using HC3 as a master of devices.

Any how my next suggestion is contact Fibaro support.

Edited by cag014

• Topic Author
  • On 7/20/2023 at 9:52 AM, Fabir said:

@jluc2808Exclude a zwave device is a basic function every zwave controller can perform. Even if a specific zwave device, was never includet to this zwave controller.

In your case I recommend to to the following:

-Shut down and Power down the hc3l

-Restart HC3

-Start zwave exclude process on the hc3

-Start exclude process on each ghost zwave module according to the user manual.

For everey ghost zwave device, you have to start the exclude process on hc3 again.

hello @cag014 first of all , thank you for your time and response

of course i could excluded any zwave with any zwave controller (not only the one which was involved in the inclusion), so before posting, i have tried what you suggested :

1 - exclude from HC3 using HC3L and exclude from HC3 using HC3 (each time the process go to the end and the exclusion was OK or said that the device is already excluded)

2 - i have restarted both HC3 and HC3L before trying a new inclusion

3 - the inclusion with the HC3L never ended, stays at the step looking at the neighbor

i have tried a restore from backup of the HC3L, Recory without lost of the data ==> nothing solved the problem (never reach the end of an include, even with a new fibaro device) 

So at the end, without solution, i perform a Total Manufactory Reset (Recovery from initial) of HC3L

Now i have 2 engine with 2 zwave system one on teh HC3 and one on the HC3L and i'm not very hot for a new try to go back to make the HC3L slave.

As i'm using an HomeAssistant as a integration box, i will surely let both box as it is (no slave) and will make automation ans scene with HA.

Just for info:  i have posted on the fibaro official forum to have answser.

I took a look at AOQ but it seems to me much complicated to go to that way. (Don't understand how to install, where to install, with what parameter, how to use it) Sorry i guess it's a super dev but as i encounter too many bugs from the start of HC3 i don't want to add a new dev.

6 minutes ago, jluc2808 said:

I took a look at AOQ but it seems to me much complicated to go to that way. (Don't understand how to install, where to install, with what parameter, how to use it) Sorry i guess it's a super dev but as i encounter too many bugs from the start of HC3 i don't want to add a new dev.

At the first look it's indeed looks complicated.... anyhow you need to control HC3 and HC3L, so (as in my case) you'll end up with endless number of scenes and QAs to make it work.

I came to conclusion. by writing AOQ, that I prefer one QA running over endless scenes that with the time I don't remember where it is and what it does.

My AOQ running on HC3 and controls local HC2, HC3L and remotely old HCL (my mom home) and HC3L at my office.

Your choice... (if you need help to start, I can do it) and thanks for your reply.😀