Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Unresponsive (freeze) Z-wave and Zigbee using 5.141 (beta) version.

cag014

If you have communication problems with ZigBee devices and some instability or freezes with Z-wave devices, then disable Z-wave global polling.

By disabling polling mechanism on my system for a few days in a row, I have no problems, and everything works as expected. 

Looks like global polling causes delays not only on device communication but also on UI performances (sometimes just to refresh the browser page takes over half a minute)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

On my Yubii controller it solved unexpected reboot issue....

Edited by cag014

• cag014 changed the title to Unresponsive (freeze) Z-wave and Zigbee using 5.141 (beta) version.

Me too ( I am running on the latest beta as well). In addition, I can not save any backup ( not in cloud nor locally ).

Please login or register to see this link.

solution works pretty well ( thanks and well appreciated ), but still I am not able to save any backup.

• Topic Author
  • On 8/10/2023 at 1:22 PM, Dann said:

but still I am not able to save any backup.

What kind of error you get from the hub?

Problem solved with the help of Fibaro support ( in less than one day ).

Thanks anyway 

Hi Curt-4-U @

The explanation I got from Fibaro support team The problem was on low software level in the gateway.

I would recommend you to open a ticket with them on the topic ( at least to me they were quick in fixing the problem ).

Dan

On 8/14/2023 at 11:13 AM, Dann said:

Hi Curt-4-U @

The explanation I got from Fibaro support team The problem was on low software level in the gateway.

I would recommend you to open a ticket with them on the topic ( at least to me they were quick in fixing the problem ).

Dan

Thx

Wish I had seen this sooner. I reset my HC3 and went back to an old firmware version. Anyways everything running stable again and gave me the opportunity to do some clean up

• 3 weeks later...

I too have had unexpected reboots and freezing of z-wave devices. In addition, I have had dips in my energy panel and reports of 'possible performance decrease due to overheating'. 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_09/image.png.0acb6c7a6384744907bcb19b5b2bce6f.png" />

image.png.70a2b6163b9db7ed473cfce5ccd83809.png

I have 71 devices and am advised to change my time interval polling from 120 s to 440 s via the Z-Wave menu.However, this does not work, because the value keeps returning to the original value. Maybe this is a bug in the firmware. Currently I am using version 5.140.17. I hope Fibaro support picks this up. My solution has been to disable polling for devices, as cag104 indicated.My hc3 has been running with this setting for a few days now and have not experienced any problems yet. In fact, I no longer have dips in my energy panel and no more messages of overheating. Hopefully Fibaro Support will solve this in the next firmware update.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_09/image.png.ce36d8bf2b2c7c874c97f19c196185bb.png" />