Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

Can't see my ZWave devices


Idrak

Question

Hi to all,

I'm new for this forum, but not for Fibaro system.

My problem is very strange, and I don't know what to do in this case.

So what is going on....

I have several sensors and devices like :

Fibaro Smart Plug

Aeotec Smart Plug

Fibaro Smoke Sensor

Aeotec Multisensor 6

Remotec IR blaster 

and so on...

Also I have Fibaro HC2 and 2 Fibaro HC Lite.

 

And the problem is that I can't add any device on any of this HC.

Putting any sensor or device in adding mode, then

Pushing add button in Add device, HC standing in learning mode. 

And nothing, 30 seconds, and nothing.

 

I tried sensor reseting, HC resetting, Network and location changing, i tried everything.

Also i asked from my friend, to add some of my devices to his HC Lite, not working. 

Then I asked to add some of his devices to my HCenters. NOT working! 

Also we tried to add his devices to his HC. NOT WORKING!

 

I can't understand, what is going on?

Anyone have the same problem?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi @Idrak,

 

 

First of all, how this all started? Why did you have the need to re-add devices? As you said, you've been a user of Fibaro system for a while already.

39 minutes ago, Idrak said:

And the problem is that I can't add any device on any of this HC.

 

 

Secondly, by saying everything, did you try just to remove the device? And how did you conduct the reset procedure?

Quote

I tried sensor reseting, HC resetting, Network and location changing, i tried everything.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

    Hi @Idrak,

     

     

    First of all, how this all started? Why did you have the need to re-add devices? As you said, you've been a user of Fibaro system for a while already.

     

     

    Secondly, by saying everything, did you try just to remove the device? And how did you conduct the reset procedure?

     

     

     

    Hi @I.Srodka  

     

    I just saying, that i'm not new for Fibaro, so i have installed one successefull on my client appartment. And it is working fine till now. But, i can't do some experiments with my clienst working HC2.

    Hes Fibaro HC2 working with his own username and password.

     

    For new project, i have ordered HC2 and HC Lite from the same distributor.

    As you understand  i'm not re-adding devices. I just trying to add them for the first time ever. Almost all devices is brand new.

     

    No, i can't remove any device, because they are not added yet.

    I have looked Reset procedure for each device and HC at youtube. 

    I think it is simple.

    And don't think it can help me

     

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    Hi again!

     

    I was asking about the reset procedure of modules, and as far as HC reset procedure is considered, this tutorial may advise to hold the (+) sing a bit too long so later there may be problems with static IP.

     

    However, as modules discovering goes, you can check below ideas.

     

    Please try the exclusion procedure of the module before attempt to include it to the system.

    This will erase the internal memory of the module and make it possible to include it to the system.

    Please make sure the z-wave module you try to add to the system is based on the same z-wave band as the z-wave controller.

    Example: If you have a EU z-wave gateway based on 868.42 MHz, you would not be able to include any US based 908.40 MHz.

    Edited by I.Srodka
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 22 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

    Please try the exclusion procedure of the module before attempt to include it to the system.

    This will erase the internal memory of the module and make it possible to include it to the system.

     

    For this procedure, as i know, i need module to be added somwhere. But the module is new, and was never added to any controller.

    Maximum what can i do is reset. For example for remotec 

     

    Press and hold "PROG" button for 10 seconds on ZXT-120. During the key hold period,
    RED LED lights up at around 5 seconds, then, it will flash twice until reset process is
    completed at around 10 seconds.

     

    And so on...

     

    24 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

    Please make sure the z-wave module you try to add to the system is based on the same z-wave band as the z-wave controller.

    Example: If you have a EU z-wave gateway based on 868.42 MHz, you would not be able to include any US based 908.40 MHz.

     

    Sure, all my devices in one ZWave bande. EU 868.42 Mhz.

     

    Any other ideas? I don't understand this. It is smth like non logical.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
    2 minutes ago, Idrak said:

    For this procedure, as i know, i need module to be added somwhere. But the module is new, and was never added to any controller.

    Maximum what can i do is reset. For example for remotec 

    For this procedure, you don't have to have those modules added somewhere. 

     

    For example, when you have many controllers and modules, it is possible to exclude the module on one HC even if it was added to other HC:

    So you can just try to delete them anyway, in order to do that you can go to "Devices" -> "Add or remove device" -> "Delete device" -> Delete (button). 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 29 minutes ago, I.Srodka said:

    For this procedure, you don't have to have those modules added somewhere. 

     

    For example, when you have many controllers and modules, it is possible to exclude the module on one HC even if it was added to other HC:

    So you can just try to delete them anyway, in order to do that you can go to "Devices" -> "Add or remove device" -> "Delete device" -> Delete (button). 

     

    I tried but nothing happens. 

     

    It's insane

     

    We tried 3 HC devices and 5-6 modules. Nothing. It is not hardware problem 100%. Because, there is no chance of 3 HC with same problem.

    It is not problem of modules 100%. Because, there is no chance all modules came with same problem.

     

    So, what can it be?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    I'm going to suggest a few very unlikely causes. But I think we have already moved into the territory of "unlikely causes".

     

    Maybe you added a "secondary controller" and/or removed it again. That could take a way the "Primary" role of your HC. But I think in that case, the "add" function would not count down, instead your HC would immediately tell you it could not start inclusion. I do not remember the exact error message. I do not think a user can check the primary role, but [email protected] can do a remote session to check and fix that. Did you ever go to "Configuration", "Z-Wave Network" and click on "Add "secondary" controller" or "Controller transfer"?

     

    Maybe you have strong interference in the 868 MHz frequency band. Several years ago, a user reported his neigbors installed a "Video Baby Monitor" on that band. It knocked out reception od several devices close to the device. Most units now use 2.4 GHz and that does not interfere with Z-Wave. So it is an odd chance...

     

    I would say... you have a very weird problem if you cannot exclude a device. So could you please confirm that this procedure does NOT work for you, on any device:

    • Take any device. Included, not included or foreign, reset or not reset is of no importance.
    • Go to "Devices", "Add or remove device" then click on "Delete". The delete window pops up and the counter starts counting down from 30.
    • Click or 3-click the device button, as indicated in the manual of the device under "inclusion".
    • One second after clicking the device button, the timer should stop and the HC should say: "deleted".

    If the countdown does not stop and instead keeps counting down to zero, you have a *really odd* problem. My guess is, only a difference in frequency or a defective receiver/transmitter could explain this behaviour...

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    @Idrak,

     

    In that case, please contact our Support Team at support(at)fibaro.com

    Edited by I.Srodka
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Hi peterburger!

    Thank you for reply.

    On 11.09.2017 at 5:09 PM, petergebruers said:

    Maybe you added a "secondary controller" and/or removed it again. That could take a way the "Primary" role of your HC. But I think in that case, the "add" function would not count down, instead your HC would immediately tell you it could not start inclusion. I do not remember the exact error message. I do not think a user can check the primary role, but [email protected] can do a remote session to check and fix that. Did you ever go to "Configuration", "Z-Wave Network" and click on "Add "secondary" controller" or "Controller transfer"?

     

    No, in this case after Reseting HC2 and HC lite controllers must be solved. But even restoring to stock firmware not helping.

     

    On 11.09.2017 at 5:09 PM, petergebruers said:

    Maybe you have strong interference in the 868 MHz frequency band. Several years ago, a user reported his neigbors installed a "Video Baby Monitor" on that band. It knocked out reception od several devices close to the device. Most units now use 2.4 GHz and that does not interfere with Z-Wave. So it is an odd chance...

     

    We was thinking about this type of problem, because we are using som wireless stuff in our office, like Decawave1000 and others, so we changed location of our devices but nothing...same problem...

     

    On 11.09.2017 at 5:09 PM, petergebruers said:

    I would say... you have a very weird problem if you cannot exclude a device. So could you please confirm that this procedure does NOT work for you, on any device:

    • Take any device. Included, not included or foreign, reset or not reset is of no importance.
    • Go to "Devices", "Add or remove device" then click on "Delete". The delete window pops up and the counter starts counting down from 30.
    • Click or 3-click the device button, as indicated in the manual of the device under "inclusion".
    • One second after clicking the device button, the timer should stop and the HC should say: "deleted".

    If the countdown does not stop and instead keeps counting down to zero, you have a *really odd* problem.

     

    Yes, after pushing "delete" button, the delete window pops up an the counter starts counting down from 30.

    But after 3-click on any module  the countdown does not stop and instead keeps counting down to zero.

     

    On 11.09.2017 at 5:09 PM, petergebruers said:

    My guess is, only a difference in frequency or a defective receiver/transmitter could explain this behaviour...

     

    I was also thinking about problem with rx/tx radio, but all 3 HC controllers (1 HC2 and 2 HC Lite) with the same problem? it is nonsense...

     

    I have installed OpenHab with USB Zwave stick on pc, and can see modules from it. Can add them. That is the most insane... 

    Fibaro controllers can't see the fibaro devices, but openhab can do it...

     

     

    On 11.09.2017 at 5:14 PM, I.Srodka said:

    In that case, please contact our Support Team at support(at)fibaro.com

     

    I think it does mak sense

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
    6 minutes ago, Idrak said:

    (...)

    Yes, after pushing "delete" button, the delete window pops up an the counter starts counting down from 30.

    But after 3-click on any module  the countdown does not stop and instead keeps counting down to zero.

     

    (...)

    I was also thinking about problem with rx/tx radio, but all 3 HC controllers (1 HC2 and 2 HC Lite) with the same problem? it is nonsense...

     

    I have installed OpenHab with USB Zwave stick on pc, and can see modules from it. Can add them. That is the most insane... 

    Fibaro controllers can't see the fibaro devices, but openhab can do it...

     

     

    Thank you for reporting back. To make sure it is not something that was introduced in the newest firmware, 4.136, I setup a quick test. I set my HC2 to "delete" then clicked on a spare Aeon MultiSensor 6. The 30 second countdown stopped and the HC logs:

     

    [09:47:45] Home Center in learning mode
    [09:47:49] Device was deleted successfully
    [09:47:49] Slave Device Detected
    [09:47:49] Removing devices finished

     

    I repeated this 5 times and one time I got "learning mode error" but that too stops the countdown. So everything works as expected.

     

    I do not have any idea why your HC keeps counting down after you click the button on the device. It is really as if the HC does not "hear" the device. But as you've mentioned, several controllers with several devices cannot have the same problem...

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • Hi to all.

    Problem is solved.

    So what was the problem.

     

    We have 3 controllers with EU standart 868.42 MHz - this items were sent me from Turkey

     

    We have 3 modules Aeotech (SmartPlug and Multisensor 6). Also 868.42 MHz. But the connection was not working.

    So we found way to update firmware of this modules by USB ZWave stick. And Haleluyah! Connection was succeseful!

     

    Other modules from Zippato and Fibaro was sent to us from Russia. I didn't know, that Russia have own ZWave freguncy standart. 

    But when i looked to back of this modules, i saw 869.4 Mhz... or smth like this. So it is look like EU standart, and we were thinking it IS EU standart.

     

    Any way, thanks to all for feed backs and helping!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    • 0

    @Idrak than you for reporting back. I'm glad the mystery has been solved.

     

    Sorry I did not think of this before, but Sigma Designs has a nice document that lists all the regions, frequencies, mains voltage and also mains frequency. As you found out the hard way, some numbers seem very close but unfortunately they have to be completely identical...

     

    Please login or register to see this image.

    Edited by petergebruers
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...