Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Add gateway connection between two HC2 over internet

Stiven

Question

Hello guys, I want to connect two HC2 over internet using gateway connection, but how can I do that. When I try to add a HC2 over gateway connection I enter the public ip and and the creditials but it says that you must check if HC2 is connected to the internet.

3 answers to this question

Are they in the same local network? Or do you want to connect two gateways in two different places?

• Inquirer
  • They are on different locations with different networks. 

I spoke with a guy who had connected the two hc2 over internet without vpn. So the idea was to open a port for the slave hc2 so if you would type you public ip:port number the hc2 login will appear and then you would go to the master hc2 and to gatway connection and add the public ip of the slave hc2 with the port number, I have done all of that and when I enter the credentials it says check if connected to the internet. any idea?

Big Security Risk to do so via Internet without VPN. That 'hole' in the firewall will be the attack vector. You won't believe how much the firewall (even those consumer-class routers) are actually protecting your network and devices behind it. Just to give u some brief idea - every minute, there are plentiful of probes scanning your WAN IP hunting for any 'hole' and reports back to its sources/owners.

Edited by chaicka
    • Thanks 1