Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 3 is comming ?

fingusio

Question

Hello

I heard some news that new Home Center 3 comming in first quarter 2020.

Any other info someone have ?

Edited by fingusio
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PepsiMac said:

@10der, @robw You guys are smart techies, please do not forget us basic users will need your brilliant but simple "cut and paste" solutions to add functionality. I could not make progress with the Raspberry Pi etc, added too much risk of integration failure for me.

Do you think the new virtual devices will have the functionality to connect Zigbee, 433 and others?

I haven't seen HC3 in action, I've not been sent one for testing. Hopefully someone here who have tested the HC3 can help with more answers about the new "VD" or "Quick App".

Cytat

Do you think the new virtual devices will have the functionality to connect Zigbee, 433 and others?

what You want to do, give me example

Cytat

can help with more answers about the new "VD" or "Quick App"

What you want to know?

10 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

what You want to do, give me example

I was thinking if I could create a virtual device to control say a Philips Hue light. At the moment, I use the plugin to create the lights then a separate VD to manage light settings such as dawn, dusk, bright and daylight. I was curious if this could all be done in one VD where perhaps you select the device, connect to it and then create one's own buttons and labels within that VD.

Also in my UK HA System, I use other devices such as the British Gas Hive, Ring Doorbell, Lightwave (433) switches and Bose Sound System. If one can choose the devices, and their actions, within the VD, this would be easier in my mind.

Thanks

Edited by PepsiMac

13 hours ago, PepsiMac said:

idk. I haven't planned to buy HC3. at all. now I'm switching to another open-source solution.  

16 minutes ago, PepsiMac said:

Ring Doorbell

@A.Sochahow are you?

btw how HC3 working with HTTPS/SSL/TLS? 

17 minut temu, PepsiMac napisał:

I was thinking if I could create a virtual device to control say a Philips Hue light. At the moment, I use the plugin to create the lights then a separate VD to manage light settings such as dawn, dusk, bright and daylight. I was curious if this could all be done in one VD where perhaps you select the device, connect to it and then create one's own buttons and labels within that VD.

Also in my UK HA System, I use other devices such as the British Gas Hive, Ring Doorbell, Lightwave (433) switches and Bose Sound System. If one can choose the devices, and their actions, within the VD, this would be easier in my mind.

Thanks

I'll say yes, we didn't plan to go that deep, because it would have required the customer to write his own engine to operate the device with the radio. The process of pairing, folding and unfolding the frames to be able to send commands.

For Nice (433, 868) we write the engine ourselves, just like for zigbee, I think your idea would be too difficult and burdened with too many problems for the customer

You could have Philips HUE service:
1) from the integration position after http only with more possibilities in Quick apps
2) If we choose the same Zigbee engine format as the one using HUE, then directly through the engine (as currently the z-wave devices)

14 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

2) If we choose the same Zigbee engine format as the one using HUE, then directly through the engine (as currently the z-wave devices)

Just to remind, that ZigBee lighting is only one Zigbee part of protocol that isinteroperable across multiple manufacturers. I think its wise to make ZigBee lighting implementation. Rest of ZigBee interoperatibility is mess.

• Like 1

44 minuty temu, 10der napisał:

idk. I haven't planned to buy HC3. at all. now I'm switching to another open-source solution.  

@A.Sochahow are you?

btw how HC3 working with HTTPS/SSL/TLS? 

Thank you I'm fine

My answer is yes ?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_01/image.png.c9f9f6eea3ffae264448c7f5a9e37987.png" />

13 minut temu, jakub.jezek napisał:

Just to remind, that ZigBee lighting is only one Zigbee part of protocol that isinteroperable across multiple manufacturers. I think its wise to make ZigBee lighting implementation. Rest of ZigBee interoperatibility is mess.

Yes i remember but for other users that may be something new

9 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

for other users that may be something new

Agree.

Also feature request for HCL replacement: Have Zigbee lighting supported for HCL 3. Real estate development and apartment would benefit from it a lot.

@A.Socha thank you for all your comments, on the official presenation of hc3 we can find on fibaro.com I can see lot of integration already done on hc3, hue,dsc... they also already existing in HC2. To be honest one I'm expecting and i didn't see is the Satel Integra. Is this something that is still supported by HC3 ? 

Thank you for your feedback !

• Like 1

@A.SochaI was maybe unclear, my question about SSL/TLS issues in LUA / VD / scenes. it was a big pain for us.

49 minut temu, Tony270570 napisał:

@A.Socha thank you for all your comments, on the official presenation of hc3 we can find on fibaro.com I can see lot of integration already done on hc3, hue,dsc... they also already existing in HC2. To be honest one I'm expecting and i didn't see is the Satel Integra. Is this something that is still supported by HC3 ? 

Thank you for your feedback !

Satel, we are rewriting it, we want to add option to use him with Fibaro Alarm better, that same with satel devices, In US not many people know brand Satel

47 minut temu, 10der napisał:

@A.SochaI was maybe unclear, my question about SSL/TLS issues in LUA / VD / scenes. it was a big pain for us.

You are asking about NET library? if yes then my answer is yes it will be in LUA scenes and Quick apps

34 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

Satel, we are rewriting it, we want to add option to use him with Fibaro Alarm better, that same with satel devices, In US not many people know brand Satel

You are asking about NET library? if yes then my answer is yes it will be in LUA scenes and Quick apps

Yes, it would be nice with some more advanced network support in Lua. To write QDs to integrate with new types of IoT/smart homes devices becomes more and more cumbersome as they require more security. certificates, crypto, https digest auth. etc. A pain to code in vanilla Lua (especially if there is no way to share code too) and sometimes its impossible - and then we have non HTTP protocols...

Many times people are forced (or it's the far easiest approach) to bridge over a raspberry pi or something to get the protocol support they need. Now we have powerful HW, we should be able to do it in Lua or native libs.

Edited by jgab
  • Like 2

@A.Socha and please ask your developers to add native support a some crypt functions for example aes-128-cbc it's open integration with some many devices... 

thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A.Socha said:

I'll say yes, we didn't plan to go that deep

@A.Socha I think I have been thinking about the HC3 as an upgrade to the HC2 but in reality, it seems more and more like a whole new system and significant change in approach. Is there a pdf user manual or other documentation available to get an idea of what the HC3 is?

2 hours ago, A.Socha said:

Thank you for the feedback.

"Quick App" has been mentioned a few times so maybe a quick teaser to demonstrate what it can do, and show one of the main differences compared with VD. Such a QA can represent a device, for example a "binary switch" or "multilevel switch". You write lua code to set on/off state and respond to on/off requests. It behaves like a "real" (eg Z-Wave) switch and that was not possible with VD on HC2 (you could add "ON/OFF" labels and text but it was always a VD and not a switch). It will show on the app as eg a light or a switch (it is configurable).

Sorry for the crappy camera work, I am not a "youtuber" at all ;)

Tinkerers will recognize what I am doing here but for everyone else... What you see is a small module with a blue LED. It runs a web server and accepts on and off commands. On the left you'll see me click the "quick app" in the HC3 BUI and the LED will follow. On the right hand side, I have the web interface of that module. When I toggle the device there, the Quick App will toggle. You'll see a slight delay because in this case I "poll" the on/off state once every 3 seconds.

I am sure some of you find this boring, others may say it is exciting... You are entitled to an opinion!

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

others may say it is exciting

I am definitely one of the "excited". Many Thanks for taking the time to do this and it confirms to me that the HC3 is a whole different step change to the HC2.

Finally hc3 will have something that is already on open source free hubs for years.

Edited by Piotr Bojko
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Testermax said:

Hi,

Is mqtt supported in hc3?

:)