Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

All-in-One Scene: How to do it Better

cag014

Hi @cag014,

It is quite quiet in this forum topic. This means that AOQ and AOS users are happy, like me. How to convince others about how AOQ and AOS makes life of HC3 and HC2 users a lot easier?

I am stil using AOQ with HC3 5.070.42, seeing in the forum that later updates producing more trouble than repairing bugs. 

Also to be seen were some comments from you considering using 5.080 with Z-wave 3.0. Now 5.82.15 Beta promises to have repaired a number of bugs, but nobody reacts in using it.

What is your advice in order keeping using AOQ fine, updating from 5.070.42 or staying nice until a save HC3 update will ever come?

In any case I will not update to Z-wave 3.0 as long as no smooth migration from Z-wave 2.0 is present. Not all my devices are reacheable for excluding/including, so reconfiguration migration should be done automaticly.

• Like 1

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Rover said:

Hi @cag014,

It is quite quiet in this forum topic. This means that AOQ and AOS users are happy, like me. How to convince others about how AOQ and AOS makes life of HC3 and HC2 users a lot easier?

Probably the best way is to add reviews to AOQ in download center from users.

That will encourage others to use it.

2 hours ago, Rover said:

Hi @cag014,

I am stil using AOQ with HC3 5.070.42, seeing in the forum that later updates producing more trouble than repairing bugs. 

Also to be seen were some comments from you considering using 5.080 with Z-wave 3.0. Now 5.82.15 Beta promises to have repaired a number of bugs, but nobody reacts in using it.

What is your advice in order keeping using AOQ fine, updating from 5.070.42 or staying nice until a save HC3 update will ever come?

In any case I will not update to Z-wave 3.0 as long as no smooth migration from Z-wave 2.0 is present. Not all my devices are reacheable for excluding/including, so reconfiguration migration should be done automaticly.

Regarding update to 5..080 and Z-wave 3.0- 

1. Without updating to Z-wave 3.0 engine, some of the devices are behave very strange and missing some functionality ...

2. When you update to Z-wave 3.0 (requires factory reset)  the problem that you need to include all of your devices again... ! I did it on my Yubii controller (have just two devices there).

By the way did you try AOR (running on PC)?  I'm using that to execute some programs on PC and to have connection to other LAN devices (using LUA library). The biggest advantage that my old HCL now fully functioning and under control using AOR. My HCL controls all devices at attic (since HC2/HC3 are faraway from there and have poor communication to devices )

Today 80% of my code is running on PC and works fine.

Edited by cag014

24 minutes ago, cag014 said:

By the way did you try AOR (running on PC)?  I'm using that to execute some programs on PC and to have connection to other LAN devices (using LUA library). The biggest advantage that my old HCL now fully functioning and under control using AOR. My HCL controls all devices at attic (since HC2/HC3 are faraway from there and have poor communication to devices )

Today 80% of my code is running on PC and works fine.

Till now I do not comprehence the advantage of AOR while using AOQ on HC3 and AOS on HC2. I do not having/using HCL. What part of AOQ code would run on a PC with AOR?

• Topic Author
  • 2 minutes ago, Rover said:

Till now I do not comprehence the advantage of AOR while using AOQ on HC3 and AOS on HC2. I do not having/using HCL. What part of AOQ code would run on a PC with AOR?

Everything should run as usual. Just copy your jM line to user_data.lua file  and add your controllers credential data.

4 minutes ago, cag014 said:

Everything should run as usual. Just copy your jM line to user_data.lua file  and add your controllers credential data.

But what is the advantage of moving jM lines from HC3 to PC?

• Topic Author
  • Just now, Rover said:

But what is the advantage of moving jM lines from HC3 to PC?

If you use only one controller, than no sense to move it.

Another reason if you need some LUA features that unavailable on HC3, to run AOR on PC in parallel to AOQ (just for special cases)

1 minute ago, cag014 said:

Another reason if you need some LUA features that unavailable on HC3, to run AOR on PC in parallel to AOQ (just for special cases)

Do you have useful examples of LUA features unavailable to HC3 I can use with AOR? Which nice functionalities are available then, not available on HC3 alone?

• Topic Author
  • 7 hours ago, Rover said:

Do you have useful examples of LUA features unavailable to HC3 I can use with AOR? Which nice functionalities are available then, not available on HC3 alone?

1. I gather humidity data of my bathroom (every hour) in file and then do some statistics using excel to improve ventilation of the bathroom.

2. I collect temperature readings from all sensors (again in file) and trying to find better relation between heating system and temperature inside rooms and open spaces in the house.

3. I have bio-metric lock (finger print, face recognition, pin code, RF tag) which has an application that writes the data in the file. By reading the data from the file I know who actually came and TTS system welcomes the person and send push notification who entered  home to me.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cag014 said:

1. I gather humidity data of my bathroom (every hour) in file and then do some statistics using excel to improve ventilation of the bathroom.

2. I collect temperature readings from all sensors (again in file) and trying to find better relation between heating system and temperature inside rooms and open spaces in the house.

3. I have bio-metric lock (finger print, face recognition, pin code, RF tag) which has an application that writes the data in the file. By reading the data from the file I know who actually came and TTS system welcomes the person and send push notification who entered  home to me.

TNX @cag014, this gives me an idea of the category of extended functionalities of AOR.

Hello Cag014 If I don't step too close. What a biometric lock do they have or what kind of one can they recommend with the same characteristics?

Thanks in advance. 

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, Rover said:

TNX @cag014, this gives me an idea of the category of extended functionalities of AOR.

Exactly, the idea is not to replace AOQ or AOS, but to use AOR in parallel  for special cases using full power of LUA or to run function on any other programming language. 

Edited by cag014

• Topic Author
  • 8 hours ago, parip69 said:

Hello Cag014 If I don't step too close. What a biometric lock do they have or what kind of one can they recommend with the same characteristics?

Thanks in advance. 

I'm using 5YOA Biometric Facial Face Fingerprint Access Control WIFI Time Attendance Machine Electric Sensor Code System Door Lock (very old version, about 5 years old).

You can find the new version 

Please login or register to see this link.

You need to ask the seller for API...

Hi @cag014,

The steering of single colors with RGBW (1) works perfectly: {"`StatusLEDs`", "setW,255","if {&AlarmGeluid:value=Hard}"},

Now I have also a RGBW 2 which do not support setR, setG, setB, setW. 

How can I set a single color in AOQ with RGBW 2?

• Topic Author
  • 26 minutes ago, Rover said:

Hi @cag014,

The steering of single colors with RGBW (1) works perfectly: {"`StatusLEDs`", "setW,255","if {&AlarmGeluid:value=Hard}"},

Now I have also a RGBW 2 which do not support setR, setG, setB, setW. 

How can I set a single color in AOQ with RGBW 2?

Just use same parameters as in fibaro.call(...............) in one string separated by by coma.

Could you please post fibaro.call() command that you use to set color for RGBW 2?

2 hours ago, cag014 said:

Just use same parameters as in fibaro.call(...............) in one string separated by by coma.

Could you please post fibaro.call() command that you use to set color for RGBW 2?

{"`RGBW1`",{state="<10", trueAct={{"`RGBW`", "setW,255"},{"`RGBW`", "setW,0","30"}}, }},

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Rover said:

{"`RGBW1`",{state="<10", trueAct={{"`RGBW`", "setW,255"},{"`RGBW`", "setW,0","30"}}, }},

No, I mean how you use the standard Fibaro command 

fibaro.call(<ID>," <cmd>", parameters...)

1 minute ago, cag014 said:

No, I mean how you use the standard Fibaro command 

fibaro.call(<ID>," <cmd>", parameters...)

I do not know what you want to know.

The SetX commands are part of the action set of RGBW (1) and are working in AOQ and are not part of the action set of RGBW 2, so do not work either in scenes or in AOQ.

I have not try to use RGBW 2 in LUA in scenes yet. I try to do everything with AOQ.

Action set RGBW (1): 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Topic Author
  • By the way SetW doesn't set color , it's just white level setting.

I can see you have action setColor which used to set the color

Please try follow

trueAct={"`RGBW`", "setColor,0,255,0,0"} -- should be a green color

The parameters of setColor are  Red value, Green value, Blue value, white value. (means setColor,R,G,B,W)

Let me know if it works

10 hours ago, cag014 said:

By the way SetW doesn't set color , it's just white level setting.

I can see you have action setColor which used to set the color

Please try follow

trueAct={"`RGBW`", "setColor,0,255,0,0"} -- should be a green color

The parameters of setColor are  Red value, Green value, Blue value, white value. (means setColor,R,G,B,W)

Let me know if it works

Yes, setColor works. I have used that already for a long time. And it also in the action set of RGBW 2.

But I want also set a color (red, green, blue, white) without changing the existing values of the other colors. Therefor is setB, setG, etc.

So the question is: how to change one color, leaving the other colors untouched, using setColor?

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Rover said:

Yes, setColor works. I have used that already for a long time. And it also in the action set of RGBW 2.

But I want also set a color (red, green, blue, white) without changing the existing values of the other colors. Therefor is setB, setG, etc.

So the question is: how to change one color, leaving the other colors untouched, using setColor?

I'm using local variables

global4local= {true,gVarName="localTank",varArray={acInd="init:0",iDoor="init:0",rclr=0,gclr=0,bclr=0}}

Setting variables where is needed and using setColor command

"setColor,&rclr,&gclr,&bclr,0"

By the way have RGBW device which changes random color every hour (just for fun) like that

"setColor,?random(10,255)?,?random(10,255)?,?random(10,255)?,0"

• Thanks 1