Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Update to 4.9 fails and FGT is unresponsive

oajungen

I was contacted by the Fibaro Service Desk.

They are aware of these issues.

So I invite the guys that had issue with the update to write an email to the support team to track the case.

Raffaele

Edited by Fyase

Same here,

2 pinhole devices bricked.

4 devices seems to have no issue's ( still on 4.7 with failed update)

1 button device updated to 4.9, also seems to be oke.

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I also have one heat controller that is not responding anymore. It seems to be completely dead - not even any lights.
Is there any way to bring it back to life?

Just now, Emperyan said:

Is there any way to bring it back to life?

Not that I know of, but please do send an email to [email protected], they *may* offer you (some) remote support to diagnose and try to fix the issue. In my case, they offered remote assistance, but I am not at home and the TRVs have been disconnected, so that won't happen this weekend. Maybe next week.

Mail send to support,

Let's see what they have to say.

Already response.

They working on it, and try to clarify the problem. No requests for access to my HC

Edited by Flash

Hello

Also I same problem 7 eath controller, two update 4.9 all OK one failed but works at 4.7, 4 show no signs of life
I await solutions

Edited by Amoscaceca75

You have to wait  a while, i guess

you can remove and add the device again (i could) but the device is unconfigured (not usable)

22 hours ago, m.roszak said:

It is blinking cyan?

It is almost impossible to cripple the device with OTA (there are redundancies implemented).

Devices won't start the update if battery is low, other than that - there are no other requirements.
Event if update was interrupted it should normally start again after second try. 

You have to do better then this, it is a real problem

We are doing better, problem is being analized and OTA was suspended.

I am not working on every project in Fibaro, there are a lot of them and I just cannot participate in everything ;)

As for removing device when it is still in OTA procedure (blinking cyan) - yep, that may cripple the device. Please don't do this as mentioned in pinned topic on this forum.

We will add this to changelog and warnings before releasing the firmware again.

Every one affected by the issue with not responsive devices after OTA procedure please contact support ASAP.

11 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

I am not working on every project in Fibaro, there are a lot of them and I just cannot participate in everything ;)

not? you - as most important person? are there actually things going on without youre approval??

Hello @m.roszak

2 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Every one affected by the issue with not responsive devices after OTA procedure please contact support ASAP.

Did send a mail to support.  Got the feedback that they working on it. Is this enough or do the people that have a device that failed during update, and not responding anymore do something else??

Edited by Flash

Device is still included but blinking cyan or completly off? Do not need to respond here, support needs to know that.

3 hours ago, m.roszak said:

As for removing device when it is still in OTA procedure (blinking cyan) - yep, that may cripple the device. Please don't do this as mentioned in pinned topic on this forum.

actually with zwave engine 3 i can always exclude (S2 enabled, with wrong DSK to force no security, add, wait, wakeup again), re-include and restart firmware update (over API call), so seems to be only dangerous with zwave engine 2 to exclude/include

Edited by tinman

3 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Please don't be sarcastic, that is not neccesary.

I'm sorry sir, my deepest apologies

I updated 3 FGT with HC3, first one was successful. the other two are bricked now and not responding anymore.

I stopped updating the others. I had one bricked when I was updating to 4.7 the last time.

I going to stop with this controllers and step over to another brand. I am not happy to buy new controllers by every update.

I have the same advise .... DON'T UPDATE TO THIS VERSION AT THIS MOMENT

10 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Device is still included but blinking cyan or completly off?

Devices still included. No Cyan blinking or any light at all.

After soft config device, gives an succes in the message tab.

11 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Do not need to respond here, support needs to know that.

Oke thank you

Support did not come back to me before the weekend on my dead heat controller - and I assume they won´t until Monday at least.

They told me to not do anything until they reply - but it´s getting a little warm in the house with the valve completely open all the time.....