Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Update to 4.9 fails and FGT is unresponsive

oajungen

3 hours ago, Emperyan said:

but it´s getting a little warm in the house with the valve completely open all the time.....

Had the same problem, Did a gently dismounting of the Heat Controller. The change of damaging the HeatController during Dismounting is very slim. Mounting only in "standby mode"

I had a spare manual TVR and I bought another cheap one. Mounted these on my heater.

I will Leave the Heatcontroller in the same spot in the House to avoid any routing problems If Fibaro find a solution to revive the "frozen" Heat controllers.

Edited by Flash

Getting SECURITY class information for node 12
Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 12, ID: 271=10FH (Fibaro), Type: 4865=1301H, ID: 4097=1001H
Node: 12 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, THERMOSTAT_MODE_V3, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT, SCHEDULE_V3, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, CRC_16_ENCAP, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, SUPERVISION, NOTIFICATION_V6, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, PROTECTION, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, CLOCK, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, POWERLEVEL, APPLICATION_STATUS, ASSOCIATION
Node: 12 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V8, THERMOSTAT_MODE_V3, THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT, SCHEDULE_V3, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, NOTIFICATION_V6, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, PROTECTION, BATTERY, CONFIGURATION, CLOCK, POWERLEVEL, ASSOCIATION, SUPERVISION
Node 12 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4,61 App: 4.7
Node 12 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
Node 12 Supports 2 Notification Types: Power_Management System
Power_Management Supports Events: Battery Charging(12), Battery Fully Charged(13), Battery Charge Soon(14), Battery Charge Now(15)
System Supports Events: System Hardware Failure OEM Failure Code(3)
Error: Node 12 Supports the Thermostat Mode Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat modes - cannot continue.
Error: Node 12 Supports the Thermostat Setpoint Command Class, but failed to return a list of supported thermostat setpoint modes - cannot continue.

@m.roszak

Is there an option to get the hex file to downgrade it to the olde firmware version?

12 minutes ago, m.roszak said:

Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade the firmware.

Is Fibaro planning to release a fix as 4.10 or are you going to re-release a patched 4.9?

Just asking because I have two dead and have contacted support, but haven't heard about a strategy yet. I am not impatient. Just curious.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, m.roszak said:

Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade the firmware.

the failed valves are still on 4.7? am i correct?

Partially - sure, Z-Wave is last target to be updated (but actually this one can be downgraded in theory).
Update contain 3 files, first 2 cannot be downgraded.

Those should start the update normally when requested (this is something implemented on Z-Wave side).
As far I understand team is working on best solution to help all of you as fast as possible. 

3 hours ago, m.roszak said:

I will let you know when our HW team decide :)

Since you're speaking about HW team I guess you're going to change the faulty valve.....

@m.roszak thank you for your explanations. As a regular "tinkerer" using devices like ESP8266 and ESP32 I can look at the source code of something we consider "simple" devices like a LED bulb, with OTA and WiFi. The number of lines of codes is staggering, the number of possible things that can go wrong, ugh... So I pay my respect to the designers of "embedded" devices like the FGT which contain 2 MCUs and as you say need 3 part firmware update and very little tools to debug (once they are in the field, I mean).

I am also sure, Fibaro will not disappoint and solve this problem adequately.

I really like the FGT-001 in my house, with my heating system and my requirements and I *love* the little external probe. Them probes, really make a difference in my house. Oh and the rechargeable battery (the only downsides being ... taking time to charge... and the 4.7 bug that it sometimes drops dead which is what I guess 4.9 would address).

• Like 2

Received a mail from support that they are going to exchange my bricked heat controller for a new one. Seems like they can not be reanimated.

Same mail here.

Can also send my Heatcontrollers to my Reseller according Fibaro.

Let's see how it develops further.

But for know ?? Fibaro Service.

10 godzin temu, Flash napisał:

Same mail here.

Can also send my Heatcontrollers to my Reseller according Fibaro.

Let's see how it develops further.

But for know ?? Fibaro Service.

For those of you who have not reached our technical support and opened a ticket with them:

Please contact [email protected] and you will be guided through the entire servicing program.

We are very sorry that we kept you waiting for a solution and hopefully users affected by the update will have a functional Heat Controller(s) within a short period of time.

Well, i have to pay for the shippingcost, i am not going to do that. dumped it in the trashcan

*abuse* you fibaro!

10 minutes ago, akatar said:

Well, i have to pay for the shippingcost, i am not going to do that. dumped it in the trashcan

*abuse* you fibaro!

Did they ask you for the shipping cost? Really? ?

Edited by Fyase

Yes, i contacted them (benelux dealer) have to pay for it (is 5 weeks old!)

so trashed and dumped and never again, starting to hate this *abuse* compagny

7 minutes ago, akatar said:

11 minutes ago, akatar said:

*abuse* you fibaro!

Mine is 20 days old, I can't accept this behavior for their errors....

Let's wait for an official mail from them...

Godzinę temu, akatar napisał:

You will not pay for the shipping cost and I will give you my word if it means anything to you.

Regardless whether you decide to use the product again or not, you deserve to receive a functional Heat Controller free of charge.

To sum up the process:

You contact us directly via: [email protected] and the team provides you with exact details regarding servicing program, step by step. They will ask for certain details to proceed with free shipping.