Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Update to 4.9 fails and FGT is unresponsive

oajungen

On 12/3/2021 at 12:19 PM, K.Drozynski said:

The team was notified and they confirmed that your emails are reaching them and that that they will do their best to notify you the very moment the device is sent to you guys. They would also like to apology for the situation.

Thank you. And apologies accepted. I've received FGT-001 version 4.9 through UPS today.

Installed 10 minutes ago and paired a BLE probe... HC3 running 5.091 beta. I see nothing abnormal or special. At the moment, the probe is reporting empty battery which will probably resolve itself. That's not new.

Tho old one I had was a version 1 (serial number about 3000) and I noticed several incremental improvements with the new one: lower gear noise, button instead of pinhole.

• Like 1

That´s strange. I have 5.090.17 installed on HC3 and this is how the 4.9 Heat Controllers look in my system:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The older Heat Controllers on 4.7 look normal.

Edited by Emperyan

Ok, it looks like I solved the riddle myself. I added the new 4.9 controllers to the system with the old firmware and then afterwards updated to 5.090.17. The update did not heal the controllers. But when I remove the controllers from HC and add them again, they are integrated correctly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All

Yesterday I received 2 brand new FGT-001 Heat Controller version 4.9 through UPS today.

Added them to the HC last Beta, connected both to the external Sensor. everthing seems oke for now.

Still 3 Heatcontrollers on 4.7

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 5:57 PM, petergebruers said:

Thank you. And apologies accepted. I've received FGT-001 version 4.9 through UPS today.

Installed 10 minutes ago and paired a BLE probe... HC3 running 5.091 beta. I see nothing abnormal or special. At the moment, the probe is reporting empty battery which will probably resolve itself. That's not new.

Tho old one I had was a version 1 (serial number about 3000) and I noticed several incremental improvements with the new one: lower gear noise, button instead of pinhole.

After updating to 4.9, also mine the probe was reporting empty battery, it solved by itself after a Soft Restart of the HC2.

• Like 1

Today i found some time to upgrade the rest of my TVR to 4.9.

Made sure every battery indication was over 65%
First one went fine, second got stuck on 48%. After a while the probe indicated the red battery icon.
Started with 95% battery of the TVR and about 60% for the probe. Waited +/- 30 minutes but no change. So I cancelled the update and wish for the best. Replace the probe’s battery, and started the update again,  but first did a soft config. .Now I was quite sure the indication of probe battery was correct and was at 95%. Now update went smoothly. Number three did first a soft configuration. Made sure the probe battery was above 60 % after config. This update went through without a glitch.
@m.roszak   Indication and real status of the probe battery could use some improvment. Better for my heart. ?

Thanks for feedback.

As for coin battery, it is really hard to estimate real battery capacity with this kind of cell - its characteristic is pretty flat. 
I will forward your findings to the person responsible for the device firmware.

Regards,
Michał 

• Thanks 1