Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Advantages of Fibaro Intercom with Home Center

mjalafoo

Question

Hi,

I am evaluating using Fibaro Intercom as a main Door Bell. Looking for your thoughts and experience in the pros and cons of Fibaro Intercom in comparison to other IP SIP Doorbells. 

Mainly, I am looking to understand the advantages of using Fibaro Intercom with Fibaro Home Center 3. 

Can I for example correlate scenes with the Door Bell?

What are additional features that I would get if I use the Fibaro Intercom that I would not get if I use other brands?

If anyone is currently using the device, what are your thoughts? How is your setup?

1 answer to this question

I hope you have not bought it yet! If that is the case i would suggest and advice to stay away from the Fibaro Intercom. I have Fibaro all over the house an i am super happy with all my choice, EXCEPT the Fibaro Intercom. Way too expensive for the quality. Way to bad image, features, usage for what you are paying.
Pros:

• You can use it in various scenarios in Fibaro (but possibly you could use others too)
  • It is nice that has the wheel to turn to add your passcode (and use it in case of correct password to run a scene)
  • It looks very pretty
  • It has two inputs/outputs to connect to gates etc...

Cons:

• Way to expensive
  • Super bad image quality
  • Lack of features
  • Software full of bugs
  • Forgotten outdated software
  • They advertise that the APP of iOS is better than Android, which might be, but but are useless
  • Motion sensor not even identifying motion, except if you are 10cm close :)
  • I am here replying because i logged in to this page to try and find a solution to the useless motion sensor this thing has... and to complain to Fibaro.

Edited by alexischry
  • Like 1