Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yet Another lastWorkingRoute visualiser

10der

Question

Please stop forcing the use this app!

Edited by 10der
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 9/2/2018 at 8:37 PM, 10der said:

fixed!

Please login or register to see this link.

Chrome OK!

@10der, very nice work. Thank you. I get images like your first one. How do you achieve the second one above without additional connections to HC2?

Edited by AndyY
always to fast...

• Inquirer
  • 22 minutes ago, AndyY said:

additional connections to HC2

My name is Oleg, not David... Copperfield :)  I can't get data from HC2 without "connections to HC2".

but... if you asking me why I build "proxy" like load.php - I have a simple answer: Fibaro devs not implemented JSONP. and request from browser denied by CORS (

so, Fibaro devs should add 

Please login or register to see this code.

or implement jsonp response 

Edited by 10der

21 hours ago, 10der said:
    22 hours ago, AndyY said:

additional connections to HC2

My name is Oleg, not David... Copperfield :)  I can't get data from HC2 without "connections to HC2".

Hello Oleg :) I'm shure of that. I mean the additional arrow to HC2 of devices witch have no direct routes. Let me explain with a picture.

Example:

Neighbours of device 10) Bewegungsmelder (Außen|Außen) : [235]

Last working route used by device 10 : [1,235]

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by AndyY

• Inquirer
  • so, you propose me remove all direct connection if the device has others?

Hmm

try

picture more clear... yes.

Edited by 10der

Hello @10der,

thanks for your help!!! I tried your new file and the net looks much better now. But only at the first glance....

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_09/Net2.PNG.478ec7f8b7247c196e059d834b2674ba.PNG" alt="Net2.PNG.478ec7f8b7247c196e059d834b2674ba.PNG" />

It seems there are some other routes not correct now. See route information for device and screenshot:

Neighbours of device 152) Fenster (Ankleidezimmer|OG) : [77,142,235]

Last working route used by device 152 : [1,65,235]

Last WRRT for device 152: 08:30:57  - 05 Sep. 18

Net22.PNG.8b666e7bae2325aeec2eb55b076dc4f6.PNG

I must take a closer look to my net and to this result...hmmm

Anyway, how did you get your 2nd picture? That looks very clear and pretty 8-)

• Inquirer
  • 11 minutes ago, AndyY said:

Sir. idk how to interpret... sorry .

for example i understand  [1, 77,142,235] as what device 152 can (!) make routes to 1 (directly) via 77 or (!!!) via 235 or via 142.

but you guess what  [1, 77,142,235] is trace routing (like you run command traceroite 8.8.8.8

152 : [1,65,235] => 152 -> 235 -> 65 -> 1

Hmmm

Edited by 10der

zniffer:

/monthly_2018_09/image.png.64ec9c24c5a4c22861b960810535adff.png" alt="image.png.64ec9c24c5a4c22861b960810535adff.png" />

fibaro

image.png.a64efa2bc7b07f05a256ca00dd1a4fd3.png

that means the data flows from 1 over 5222 (208) and then over 5251 (215) to target 5291 (217)

1 hour ago, AndyY said:

Hello @10der,

thanks for your help!!! I tried your new file and the net looks much better now. But only at the first glance....

It seems there are some other routes not correct now. See route information for device and screenshot:

Neighbours of device 152) Fenster (Ankleidezimmer|OG) : [77,142,235]

Last WRRT for device 152: 08:30:57  - 05 Sep. 18

I must take a closer look to my net and to this result...hmmm

Anyway, how did you get your 2nd picture? That looks very clear and pretty 8-)

Something i noticed.... the pictures shows only the route to the controller, not all the neighbours

• Inquirer
  • fixed!

Edited by 10der

Looks nice, @10der !

I would like to point out, the data is collected between 03:00 and 04:00 for mains powered devices and at next wake up of battery devices after 03:00. As far is I can tell it is not updated at any other time.

If you run the report the next day, it might show slightly different information, because mesh routing is dynamic. For instance, if a repeater appears to be unreliable, it gets removed from the list or gets lower priority.

If you want to (re) read the LWR of a particular device, for instance, because you have moved it, then please go to:

Z-Wave network configuration, Mesh network reconfiguration, select the device and do "configure".

very nice work @10der !

Any idea why some of my devices would be colored in pink even they are mains powered and working just fine ? And they serve as relay nodes for other also. 

• Inquirer
  • Just now, Momos said:

Any idea why some of my devices would be colored in pink even they are mains powered and working just fine ? And they serve as relay nodes for other also

why? idk!

@petergebruers guru here. :) 

but as we already discussed in private chat :

1) you can ignore this fact

2) you can re-include these devices. 

• Inquirer
  • lol!

found crazy routing for 876! "lastWorkingRoute":"[1,677,904,632,1042]

so,

876     (door-sensor|storeroom) => 
    1042     (ligthing|storeroom) => 
    632     (ligthing main | garage) => 
    904     (ligthing LED | garage) => 
    677    (ZUNO|storeroom) (WOW! I hadn't seen you in a while! lol!)
    1    (HC2)

Looks like someone's a little lost.

13 hours ago, tinman said:

that means the data flows from 1 over 5222 (208) and then over 5251 (215) to target 5291 (217)

Thanks tinman! For those new to Z-Wave routing, it is not like IP routing. This "route" will also be used backwards, from destination to source. For example, when A sends data (eg "door contact open")  to B via C, then the acknowledgement goes from B to A via C.

For those owning a sniffer by Jon suphammer aka "Suphacap": this tool does not decode routes, but you can recognize them.

If you see Class 00 or Class 03 (Method number varies) like this:

Please login or register to see this code.

Then you know it s ROUTED. The real source ID is 1 and the real destination node ID is 30, but the payload and the hops cannot be decoded.

However, if you send me a RAW capture (q1 in menu of Suphacap) then I can decode it. For example: "turn off" of a wall plug (node 30, via hop 23)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Agreed.

It might seem strange to ignore it, but if the HC really does not have a "last working route" to a device, the HC will use its routing table to send data to a neighbor of the destination device. This gets forwarded and communication will still be OK (but routed). This might cause some delay the first time after the failed neighbor update request (status window displays: ": Getting new neighbor list failed") , I am still testing is to find out the full impact. It very hard to find good documentation (routing is the "secret sauce" of Z-Wave) - everything has to be tested and reverse-engineered. Some information is contradictory, in one document they say something along this line: "a controller must not use explorer frames to discover a route" and somewhere else "... controller can use explorer frame to ...". I have a few documents about Z-Wave routing, they discuss bits & bytes and are quite hard to read...

Also, if the LWR is empty, it does not mean that the device has lost all routing info. The device stores (1) neighbors and (2) routing data in its non volatile memory. So next time a sensor reports "door open" it will try any possible route it still has in memory. It is conceivable a device might have no routing information, but so far I have not seen that happen in my network. You need a ZSniffer to diagnose this, the ""LWR visualizer" cannot do that, because the data you get from the HC is not sufficient.

I  have a test setup and move around wall plugs and try to break routing, but so far I have not yet lost communication with this test device. I know from reports, and I have seen it myself, it is possible to break routing. I remember, I had a "FGMS-001" first generation that did not respond to "neighbor update request" nor did the HC see the device wake up. Of course, when HC does not notice "wake up" it cannot send NBR update request. At that time, I did not own a Zniffer and was unable to find the real cause. I tried to reproduce the problem, but was unable to do so.

To summarize...

the picture looks a lot cleaner if node is not violet... So try re-include...

@petergebruers Not mentioning the remotes , for which is normal to have such behavior i have 2 other devices that show as purple:  both are  fibaro doble relay version 3.3, zwave protocol 4.5 , so the plus version.

6 minutes ago, Momos said:

both are  fibaro doble relay version 3.3, zwave protocol 4.5 , so the plus version.

OK. Try Z-Wave network configuration, Mesh network reconfiguration, select one of those devices and do "configure". What does the status window show?

ahaha nothing... nothing at all. like the command was not even executed 

7 minutes ago, Momos said:

ahaha nothing... nothing at all. like the command was not even executed 

I had one of those.

Toggle the switch, use the physical button (not browser or app).

Does the HC notice the change? Then try mesh reconfigure again.