Jump to content
Guides for the Forum Read more... ×
Poradniki na Forum Read more... ×
JCM

MQTT Broker implementation

Recommended Posts

I would like to have an MQTT Broker implemented on the HC2. This would enable the HC2 to easily access latest sensor data from other access clients like displays or apps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi!

 

we already have 100500 topics like this :)

Sadly, official FIBARO answers: As soon as we (FIBARO) can. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Topic Author
  • The more the better... :-) I kept my one short... seriously I forgot to check first... sorry. ;-)

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Probably something happens, "mqtt_test = mqtt.Client ()" no longer returns an error. So perhaps the mqtt library is attached, the question what parameters must be used to mqtt to be work

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 hours ago, drboss said:

    Probably something happens, "mqtt_test = mqtt.Client ()" no longer returns an error. So perhaps the mqtt library is attached, the question what parameters must be used to mqtt to be work

     

    I doubt it.

    "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.36:1883"

    @drbossdo rzeczy

     

    Please login or register to see this code.

     

    nie widze mqtt port. jestes w błedzie :(

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Wiem niestety , też sprawdzałem komunikację. Jak na razie pewnie dodali tylko bibliotekę lua, wcześniej lua wywalala błąd. Nie napisałem że działa, a że coś się ruszyło. Może pod planowana większą aktualizacje, lub zostało po testach. Cóż nadzieja pozostaje ;)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 3/18/2018 at 10:03 AM, 10der said:

     

    I doubt it.

    "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.36:1883"

    @drbossdo rzeczy

     

    The client would not expose a open port. So you could still have a working mqtt client on the HC2 and not see anything with a portscan.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Just now, sj3fk3 said:

     

    The client would not expose a open port. So you could still have a working mqtt client on the HC2 and not see anything with a portscan.

     

    1) mqtt client included in scene space (good news)

    2) mqtt  client not wrapped for LUA using - only for internal calling via luabind

    3) Fibaro use Mqtt client for accessing to muzzleyCloud in MuzzleySmokeSensor plugin

     

    that's all what I can understand 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 minutes ago, 10der said:

     

    1) mqtt client included in scene space (good news)

    2) mqtt  client not wrapped for LUA using - only for internal calling via luabind

    3) Fibaro use Mqtt client for accessing to muzzleyCloud in MuzzleySmokeSensor plugin

     

    that's all what I can understand 

     

    Meh :-/

     

    I've been asking Fibaro for MQTT for many years now.. I really don't understand their attitude towards existing customers.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    11 minutes ago, sj3fk3 said:

     

    Meh :-/

     

    I've been asking Fibaro for MQTT for many years now.. I really don't understand their attitude towards existing customers.

    you right. I am waiting when Fibaro disabled supporting 3d party devices.. (will make the HC2 device proprietary). Although with that attitude Fibaro can continue do not update device templates and I'm sure it'll work itself out. 

    HC2 is not opensource project, it's commercial product and company decide how it should be developed: Well, there's nothing we can do to combat that.

     

    At least, for example, I'm looking for an alternative. 

     

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, 10der said:

    you right. I am waiting when Fibaro disabled supporting 3d party devices.. (will make the HC2 device proprietary). Although with that attitude Fibaro can continue do not update device templates and I'm sure it'll work itself out. 

    HC2 is not opensource project, it's commercial product and company decide how it should be developed: Well, there's nothing we can do to combat that.

     

    At least, for example, I'm looking for an alternative. 

     

     

    I've been using Home Assistant for almost a year now.. The only reason why I would still want to use the HC2 is because of the relative stable z-wave implementation. It's sad, because the HC2 was a promising devices, but now Fibaro is lightyears behind.. And I'm pretty sure they could have been ahead if they paid a little more attention to their customers.. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    10 minutes ago, sj3fk3 said:

    because of the relative stable z-wave implementation

    after opening some details in Z-Wave protocol and Z-Waye alliance continue opening information for this protocol - IMHO there are great things coming our way, @sj3fk3

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, sj3fk3 said:

    The only reason why I would still want to use the HC2 is because of the relative stable z-wave implementation.

    Out of curiosity... Do you think that is an issue of Home Assistant, or openzwave, or just a matter of less range of your Z-Wave dongle? I own both a 1st gen RaZberry (with added antenna, without that mod it is awful!) and a Aeotec Gen5. In my house, I'd  say HC beats both controllers (distance-wise) by about 30-50%. I guess both devices have the same issue, the antenna is very close to the ground plane. Or maybe it's the dongle's firmware?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

    Out of curiosity... Do you think that is an issue of Home Assistant, or openzwave, or just a matter of less range of your Z-Wave dongle? I own both a 1st gen RaZberry (with added antenna, without that mod it is awful!) and a Aeotec Gen5. In my house, I'd  say HC beats both controllers (distance-wise) by about 30-50%. I guess both devices have the same issue, the antenna is very close to the ground plane. Or maybe it's the dongle's firmware?

     

    I would say it's a combination of things, but the antenna is definitely the most import one..  

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    7 minutes ago, sj3fk3 said:

     

    I would say it's a combination of things, but the antenna is definitely the most import one..  

     

    Thanks, so it indeed makes sense to have an "MQTT broker" on the HC... Not that I really doubted that, I also want KNX support, BLE,  CoAP, Weave (aka Nest) and of course all zigbee variants so I do not have to buy a bridge. Maybe HC3. Or maybe just a better Z-Wave dongle with ufl/SMA connector...

     

    Sorry, I just realized I hijacked this topic. I got carried away, sorry ! ;-)

     

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted (edited)
    3 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

    I also want KNX support, BLE,  CoAP, Weave (aka Nest) and of course all zigbee variants so I do not have to buy a bridge.

    Hi @petergebruers,

    you coul'd also buy Athom Homey :-D which does the most things

     

    Edited by Bodyart

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted (edited)
    10 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

    Athom Homey

    Roly-Poly? :D

     

    Please login or register to see this spoiler.

     

    Edited by 10der

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, Bodyart said:

    Hi @petergebruers,

    you coul'd also buy Athom Homey :-D which does the most things

     

    Sure! It is on my list of alternative controllers ;-)

     

    Most of my hardware is Z-Wave, so at the core I'm a "Z-Wave guy". And if it is not Z-Wave, I design it myself and it has an http interface, so I'm OK with HC...

    How long are those modules in my wall going to last? What alternative would I put in? I do not know...

    If I could start again from scratch, what would I do?  I'm not sure for an old guy in an old house, there are better modules than what I have... Maybe a wired system, but that would be *very* expensive.

     

    But yeah... MQTT would open up possibilities, and certainly for new users!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Agree with that wired system, but it's good for new to build, or during renovation, because it's invasive...

     

    b,t,w, Since Homey's  Zigbee is enabled, you don't need any bridges

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The rescinding of the plugins feature and the lack of MQTT is the reason I have shelved my HC2s and gone elsewhere.

     

    Having MQTT would have been a reasonable workaround until Plugins are sorted and incredibly useful even beyond then.  None of the stability and security issues either. You only need an MQTT client on HC2 provided it’s configurable for bidirectional use.  An MQTT broker would be nice but not essential.

     

    I wanted to love Fibaro but they just don’t love their users.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    ×