Thanks for the quick reply. Does this mean I need mqtt to make it work with the hc3?

I've installed your node-red node for FIBARO HCx on a Raspberry 4 and executed the following flow to read the light level of a Fibaro Motion sensor attached to a HC3 :

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.a7ba73b019fc48c7499e118d8e2c3fce.jpg

The green ready status is blinking below fibaroEvent so connection to the HC3 seems to work and I get the correct light level of 69 after deploying the flow. But I do not get any additional debugging message, when the light level changes nor does the status value below the Fibaro Light Sensor node change.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi!   here is my new node-red node for FIBARO HCx   https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-fibaro-devices   now you can use finaroSenor node - for any sensors in

.41 nothing new just "glamour"      

hi @petrho you get the status with Actornode when you enable the "event passtrough" 

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Automator said:

Does this mean I need mqtt to make it work with the hc3?

up to u. 

node is not not required mqtt

15 minutes ago, Automator said:

But I do not get any additional debugging message, when the light level changes nor does the status value below the Fibaro Light Sensor node change.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

1) in teh node blinking - node working...

2) should be updateed

3) enable check passthrow and connect debuger

image.png.b448efe757521c4f1ddd55e3ba22643f.png

Edited by 10der
Posted (edited)

Are there any benefits in using mqtt for the communication or do you use it just because you have a mqtt broker already installed for communication with other services? I try to keep the number of services minimal so in case there are no benefits just for communication wit the hc I tend not to use mqtt until I have a special use case where it is necessary.

Did what you asked. Filtered the events from HC3 for ID = 162 and property = value otherwise it is hard to spot the ones for the Fibaro light sensor in the stream of events:

pic2.thumb.jpg.58fd4cd1e1a35382e5efdb9f70250cc6.jpg

As you can see, the sensor gets its initial value (599) immediately after the node is deployed. The value doesn't change afterwards.

But in the DevicePropertyUpdatedEvent from the HC3 API node the value changes correctly. Occasionally the event is sent twice but it is always sent when the light intensity changes.

Somehow the hc:sensor node doesn't get triggered to update its value according to the DevicePropertyUpdatedEvent.

Addition: If I manually trigger a Fibaro query:state node pointed at Device ID 162, I get the correct value in the payload.

Edited by Automator

strange.

maybe its'a bug.

leyt me check

reproducing,.,

image.png.92a756be50a736e973337343a6abec44.png

ok. cover sensor with black paper

image.png.27d53fcf703e5c9065d328c9e848320f.png

un-cover again

image.png.32cd09a1868d31fae7205d21123b8310.png

Posted (edited)

btw

image.png.1942c6f819a379eda31cd045555b498a.png

can you change Id on numeric id?

image.png.c8312eca458de08870d6d8a777fc4c1a.png

Edited by 10der
Posted (edited)

Changed it and now it works. Many thanks for spotting my mistake.

The 159.0.2 was the autogenerated name by HC3 for the sensor.

May I ask again my question concerning mqtt?

Are there any benefits in using mqtt for the communication or do you use it just because you have a mqtt broker already installed for communication with other services? I try to keep the number of services minimal so in case there are no benefits just for communication wit the hc I tend not to use mqtt until I have a special use case where it is necessary. 

When I connected to node red to change the ID to numeric, the Fibaro API node showed an error, that it cannot connect to the HC3. Reason was, the HC3 had crashed and I had to power cycle it to work again. This has not happened during the 2 month I have the HC3. It can be just a random coincidence and completely unrelated to the Fibaro api note, that was connected to the HC3 during the crash. But would a mqtt broker in-between node red and HC3 put less stress on the HC3 and make the communication more stable?

Edited by Automator
  • 1 month later...

hello good morning @10der,

Any idea how to solve this error?

According log PI and Nodered have the latest version

image.thumb.png.185b75f3c523d9760531b84bc6679fe4.png

Thanks in advance,

//Sjakie