Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

iOSLocator

jgab

• Topic Author
  • 1 hour ago, MrHobson said:

Is it possible that this issue is related to the "Two-way authentication" ?

(If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off.)

With two-factor authentication, you’ll need a verification code to sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser.

Could be.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:07 PM, SBK said:

Hello,
    I noticed that after the last SW HC3 update, in the mobile phone settings for any user, the phone name is now always "iPhone". Similarly, for the tablet it is always "iPad".
    Before the update, the phone name was taken directly from the phone.

EX. before the update the name was:
    "My iPhone12"
    after update the name is just:
    "iPhone"

This is all ios phones with the same name "iPhone" but with a different id.
    I'm letting you know, but it's also possible that it's just my two HC3s.

I've also recently noticed this on my HC2

• 2 months later...

@jgab I'm also suffering access denied issue, tried the icloud app password route but this is not working either. Any hope to have this fixed ? Thanks in advance.

• 9 months later...

Hi Jan

I used IOSLocator for presence detection, and I newer found a better solution for this.

I am considering to buy an ubiquiti dream wall, or integrate my old Aruba IAP system for presence detection.

But before doing this, can you you confirm that IOSLocator is deprecated / not working anymore and you have any plans to give et a rebirth ?

• Topic Author
  • 58 minutes ago, ChristianSogaard said:

Hi Jan

I used IOSLocator for presence detection, and I newer found a better solution for this.

I am considering to buy an ubiquiti dream wall, or integrate my old Aruba IAP system for presence detection.

But before doing this, can you you confirm that IOSLocator is deprecated / not working anymore and you have any plans to give et a rebirth ?

Yes, it seems to be dead. Apple changed the API and it's not possible the way I used to do it - and it seems difficult to get it in any way...
    without building an app and install on all devices...

Hi Jan

I have worked a little with Home Assistant - they created an integration doing almost the same as IOSLocator.

One difference is you only need one account in the Family sharing to get positions of all members. 

Please login or register to see this link.

& 

Please login or register to see this link.

I installed it today - and seems to work fine.

Would you think it possible to see who they do - or are there some many core functions used in this so even the integration is shares is closed land ?

• Topic Author
  • Yes, they use a third party library that when I quickly scans it looks like they still use the method that Apple is closing down... but I will have another look when I have time....

1 minute ago, jgab said:

Yes, they use a third party library that when I quickly scans it looks like they still use the method that Apple is closing down... but I will have another look when I have time....

Thanx. I have tested the accuracy since yesterday. And it not that great. One person seems not to be updated 

and updates is slow

using the switches with home bridge seems very accurate (the code you helped me a lot with )