Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

cloud connection down?

jur.ko

Question

Hi!

I cannot connect to my HC3 devices through cloud anymore. App fails and also web connection through home.fibaro.com fails. Is anyone else experiencing issues?

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, itdesign-wt said:

1 hour is ok, 2 hours is ok but 12h is very bad. Any information from Fibaro? Where is the problem and when will the system start working properly. We have many remote systems and now we can't connect to them. Very embarrassing and unprofessional !!!

I completely agree. A few hours is acceptable, but this is unprofessional. @A.Socha: It would be professional to give us an update AND create a portal where we can see if services are up and running. 

• Like 3

Fibaro, your external login (mobile/web) has been down for 12 hours, and still there is no information on your web-pages. How long would you expect this to last. Are we talking about hours or days? With Fibaro controlling, e.g., heating and security, we may need to take an action. At the moment, you have thousands of users, wondering if they have done something wrong.

• Like 1

How can I connect locally with IP?

I can add a new device in the app but I have to enable the WiFi on the HC3 and connect through that. I don’t want to do that it is connected through LAN and that is how I want to connect, just enter the IP and connect directly. Like in the past. 

54 minutes ago, Mohamed Refaat said:

I have always had the feeling that their thinking is always oriented that their products are used for personal home use. So, if something goes wrong is not a big deal, as you as a home owner would be patient enough to wait.

They never think that their products are commercially used by installers for clients. If they think this way, their procedures will be very different.

[slightly OT]

Yes, I am one of them. I have paid quite a lot of Euros for my Yubii Home back in November. My installer of the Elero shutters had offered it to me. I had a look at it, compared it to other products of that kind from other installers, and at the end I decided to take it. Not only because of its base functionality wrt the shutters but also because the Yubii homepage boasted around about connectivity to almost everything, accompanied by many vendor logos. It was a bit too bold for my taste but if only half of it would be true, it would be okay. Well ... now I wonder if they reach 10% or something.

When the installer set up the HC for the new shutters it turned out that I was the very first customer for them with that product. Okay ... why not ... but when I did the first steps with it on the web interface and in the app I directly got the impression that it was half-baked, cobbled together, incomplete, unreliable, slow (the app is actually not usable as replacement for a hard switch) and somehow ... strange ... it was like an open source project but without all the good points of such. I really thought of calling the installer to ask him if he´s kidding me. Maybe I will do that. Not to ask that question but to recommend to go for another product to save him from trouble with the customers.

So this outage is just the tip of the iceberg. I agree with most of the comments above and really hope that the complete product improves massively very soon in order to get much closer to what it promises.

Apart from a downtime of more than half a day, the complete lack of communication is making things worse. No email, nothing on the website(s) or socials. 

I've received numerous messages, phone calls and emails from my customers and have nothing to tell them. Fibaro, why are we kept in the dark? This is so unprofessional and it shows a worrying lack of understanding how important your system and cloud services are for your customers and installers. Is it to much to keep us up-to-date? I know there is a portal show system status, why is that not available for your installers at least?

• Like 4

I think, Fibaro team should post some post-mortem (with information what steps the team is going to make, to reduce possibility of situations like this) and health endpoint for remote services, so we can query it in our environments (something similar to 

Please login or register to see this link.

)

Old Fibaro mobile app is connecting locally if detected connection to WiFi and remotely when away. No extra effort is required since Fibaro ID and local login must be provided to connect to the box.

Yubii is more complicated. Have to logout from non working cloud and then select to login locally by entering IP address of the HC3 and HC3 login. If you do not tap on logout then even you get connected to the HC3 locally it will jump to cloud and of course fail. BTW - Yubii does not search for your HC3 on local network so you must know IP address and enter it during local login procedure. Also, it will work if you provide wired connection IP, you do not need to turn on WiFi.

I just wonder what I will have to do with Yubii when cloud is back online (hopefully soon).

I'm also worried, if this is hacker attack that all our fibaro ID data is stolen which can expose our homes to the unknown people. Changing local login passwords is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Also fibaro ID password as soon as is back online.

As I can see Fibaro/Nice failed to inform their distributors and installers about this incident and they did not provide a unified statement that distributors would provide to their users. Very, very unexpected and strange from a company of this size.

• Like 1

Hi guys, same problem in Italy

Below i report the replay from Fibaro technical support team:

Dear customer,

Due to an unexpected server issue of the external service provider that took place yesterday, remote access is currently unavailable. 

We are working on having the situation resolved as quickly as possible.

We will inform you about the progress on our official FIBARO forum:

and our official Facebook profile:

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience

Same in Switzerland:

HC2 not accessible through the cloud

New Yubii (Fibaro) iOS app not working

Old Fibaro iOS app works (in house)

And of course in house from my computer it works.

This is very upsetting. I hope that it will prompt Fibaro to build redundant datacenters, ideally in different geographical areas.

Edited by GLS

15 hours ago, jur.ko said:

Hi!

I cannot connect to my HC3 devices through cloud anymore. App fails and also web connection through home.fibaro.com fails. Is anyone else experiencing issues?

Same here. Online and through yubii app not reachable. Local network working. Hope they fix it soon. Isn't there a possibility to change the settings on the yubii app that, if she is in reach of the local wifi, she uses this network? Then it should work i think.

Same issue in Spain. No cloud connection (and therefore, no Alexa, Siri, etc) since, at least, Friday at 19h. 

As other users have reported, 1-2 or even 4 hours down is ok. More than half a day is incomprehensible

45 minutes ago, SDeath said:

How can I connect locally with IP?

I can add a new device in the app but I have to enable the WiFi on the HC3 and connect through that. I don’t want to do that it is connected through LAN and that is how I want to connect, just enter the IP and connect directly. Like in the past. 

Nevermind, I found how to login locally. 
That works. 

3 minutes ago, GLS said:

Very upsetting. I hope that this will prompt Fibaro to build redundant datacenters ideally in different geographical areas.

Are we ready to monthly pay some amount of money to keep this redundant data centers running. Do not forget that data centers uses lots of power and needs educated staff to keep it running! That is definitely not for FREE!

Nothing on this 🤬 world is for free. Word "free" exists only in people heads who do not understand and see world beyond their noses. Usually those people think "why I should pay anything when I can get it for FREE, or I'm entitled to have it for FREE". 🤬

• Like 1

I apologize once again for the problems. We decided not to wait for our provider to fix the problem, we decided to expand our other regions and move traffic from Europe. It will be slower, but it will work. This is a temporary solution. We will gradually switch the countries starting with the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Germany. Eventually we will move all the countries. So there will be a situation that for some will work faster and other will have still a problem

Unfortunately, integration services will continue to fail or be unstable (google, Alexa) but remote access will begin to work

• Like 2

Same here is Spain, still no access.

Unfortunately for me not knowing the servers were down did a factory reset to try to get my system back up and running. I am now no longer able to use my entire house setup as unable to download cloud backups.

Yes I have a local backup from some time ago but does not include all my devices. After having confidence the cloud was working well since first buying a HC2 years ago, did not do regular local backups. Lesson learned.

I hope this is back up and running today so I can restore my system, lots of scenes are none functioning. I cannot access any of my clients either so a big mess.

I have Home Assistant running in parallel with HC3, I think it might be time to go all in and forget this system all together. Home Assistant has made some very good leaps forward and think many will migrate after this.

9 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

I apologize once again for the problems. We decided not to wait for our provider to fix the problem, we decided to expand our other regions and move traffic from Europe. It will be slower, but it will work. This is a temporary solution. We will gradually switch the countries starting with the Netherlands, Italy, Poland, Germany. Eventually we will move all the countries. So there will be a situation that for some will work faster and other will have still a problem

Unfortunately, integration services will continue to fail or be unstable (google, Alexa) but remote access will begin to work

Thanks for letting us know. Can you confirm if this was a cyber attack or just a serious fault. Also, do you have any ETA of when the service will be fully restored and if any measures are being taken to mitigate this happening in the future? 

Thanks,

Hal

• Like 1

3 minuty temu, Hallamnet napisał:

Thanks for letting us know. Can you confirm if this was a cyber attack or just a serious fault. Also, do you have any ETA of when the service will be fully restored and if any measures are being taken to mitigate this happening in the future? 

Thanks,

Hal

Unfortunately, we did not receive precise information about the cause of the problem or the time they need for repair. However, the way we cooperate, the lack of information puts a big question mark on our further cooperation. The most important thing for us for now is to restore the possibility of remote access, then we can sit down on the conclusions

2 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

Unfortunately, we did not receive precise information about the cause of the problem or the time they need for repair. However, the way we cooperate, the lack of information puts a big question mark on our further cooperation. The most important thing for us for now is to restore the possibility of remote access, then we can sit down on the conclusions

Yeah, I must say that is bad on your providers behalf and I would be doing the same as yourself by looking for an alternate service provider from the information you have been given. 

I work for a large MSP Complete-IT/Sharp and if we were told what you have been, we would be or speaking to an account manager for a more substantial update. If a service we supplied went down, our clients want to know the root cause and if any steps have been taken to mitigate this happening in the future. 

Having a service status page listing the various services you offer would be highly recommended so at least your clients know if it is an issue with your service rather than an end user having to perform drastic measures to return to the same issue.

I hope you do manage to get this back up and running and will wait for further updates. 

Regards,

Hal 

• Like 1