Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z-Range analyzer 1.3

(6 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

First of all, I would like to express my sincere appreciation to @10der  @Alex @petergebruers  @robmac  @amilanov @Bodyart @drboss and others for their time and help to improve / debug the code.

The scene “analyzes” mesh network configuration in the system and displays the location efficiency of the devices in table format. Table sorted by the rooms according to average location efficiency of the devices in the room (in ascending  order - from lowest to highest efficiency). More like "Z-wave mapping" in your residence.

In addition scene analyzes location efficiency of HC2 location.

To achieve precise data, please make sure your devices' physical location correctly associated with room names.

For example:

in-wall switch located in kitchen, but controls lights in garden, should be assigned to kitchen and not garden.  (the device name should be assigned as  garden lights)

Usually inclusion of the device done close to HC2 therefore the route table is incorrect. To achieve reliable data, perform inclusion when device located in designated place/spot in residence or perform Mesh Reconfiguration to device after inclusion near to HC2.

User configurable parameters,:

1. showDevices=false          if set tot true,not sorted table of all devices will be displayed also).
  2. fontSize=100     font size percentage (80% - 150%).

Big Note: 

If you've removed device which is part of mesh route to others, the route table doesn't get updated !

Controller continues to maintain undated route table! Mesh table must be reconfigured. (Z-Range Analyzer identifies these devices.)

Warning: Battery powered devices cannot forward packets and cannot be used in route for others.  

Spoiler

Capture1.PNG.361218a63c7676c50cc889df11af0b1d.PNG

To observe data in graphic, use @10der's visualizer.

Run the scene and here some details on what will be displayed:

When or if corrupted/deleted devices have found in your system, data details will be printed before table appearance.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.efa07b70705d7f4f6a7609a0c3e4ab56.PNG

Table header:   

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.90a8f467ea2911974b2bc19a28e7d068.PNG

·       Number of master (physical) and slave devices in the system. By hovering mouse over controller name, table color index and Z-Capacity are shown

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.c52de332ab1f4ce9a5ac562c9367ab7d.PNG

·       Date range of displayed data (if any changes done like adding, relocating devices after this date, mesh reconfiguration requires)

·       HC and devices location efficiency.  If devices lack mesh route data (colored by red) present in the system, two efficiency numbers displayed. (50%/60%).

1. including devices with no routes and neighbors data
  2. excluding these devices.

Table columns:

Capture.PNG.4fcd4847c100230a9570e47a531a36d9.PNG

Script's total serial number / Script's serial number in room

2.    Room Name  %

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.c285d9ece411f3755a4e2ac14d928a0d.PNG

Room name and average location efficiency of the devices in room

3.    Parent ID: Name

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.e013ce8446aa11403165657b1b1cd0a8.PNG

Parent (master) device ID, name and room. Devices lack mesh route data colored by red. By hovering mouse over, child (slave) devices list is shown (and number of last 24 hours z-wave events of each slave)

4.   %

Percentage of location efficiency of each device in the room.

5.     iSee

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.af29d715ea6fe30344ca9f63b06abbf6.PNG

Total number of neighbors (adjacent) devices that it can communicate with (seen by device). By hovering mouse over, devices details are shown. Great view on how device located by seeing who neighbors are.

The data shown in two colors:

I.            green - Device can communicate directly to controller. Shades of green according to number of adjacent neighbors. greener, more neighbors)

II.            red - Device doesn’t communicate directly to controller.  Shades of red according to number of adjacent neighbors. (redder, less neighbors)

If tilde sign appears before  the number - means the list includes device(s) that not in the system (deleted device). I devices details menu this device marked grey.

4.     Last Route

List of devices that participate in route communication to controller. By hovering mouse over list of devices details is shown.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.4e9bd02ea940e3bfd59eafbd5e0c4741.PNG

3.     iRoute

Total number of devices where this device is part of communication route. By hovering mouse over, devices details are shown.

5.     Status

Last working route status. (OK, pending, in progress, error)

6.     Time Stamp

Time stamp of last working route reported to the controller.         

7.     24History

Master's last 24 hours events number and percentage of total events. By hovering mouse over parent in Parent ID: Description column, number of z-wave events for each slave is shown. Please notice 24 hours history based on saved logs in event panel. If you have devices that excluded from saving logs,  theirs events are not available.

Points for improvement

Location efficiency calculated relatively to your best device in system, therefore red and yellow marked devices don't necessary indicates that your system is broken.

Special attention requires when changing/removing physical place of devices in location with low efficiency level, it could cause loss of communication or delays.

I.            Parent ID: Description - Device marked red indicates lack of route data. Perform mesh reconfiguration for this device. If reconfiguration failed, recommended to exclude/include the device (Painful process and occasionally updates in code are required).

II.            Last Route - More devices in route increase probability of communication delay and indicates that device is in distance from controller.  Since in Z-Wave each device calculates the shortest route to the destination (up to 4 hops), therefore if route includes more than three devices recommended

1. Check/verify devices in route as well. Mesh reconfiguration recommended.
  2. Device is far away from HC2 or Z-wave signal interrupted.

III.            iSee - If number is in shade of red and relatively low, means the device located far away from controller and low number of adjacent neighbors in that area or device located where physical barriers such as metal panels, concrete walls and etc. are blocking Z-Wave signal. (or located in-wall socket and Z-wave signal interrupted) Increased probability of packets loss rate, delay expected.

IV.            iRoute - As much as number is higher, means increased workload for this device (needs to track messages from this number of neighbors). Increased probability of delays from device and routed devices.  Recommended number less than five devices.

V.            Route tables do not get automatically updated by adding a new device or device relocation. Mesh reconfiguration (in Z-Wave Panel) requires.

Do not reconfigure mesh network when devices are not in designated spot.

What's New in Version 1.3   See changelog

Released

Added new column 24History

Last 24 hours events number and percentage of total events. By hovering mouse over parent in Parent ID: Name column, number of z-wave events for each slave is shown.

Spoiler

Capture1.PNG.58827bab0aea2e9229fcd03cbbe33f6d.PNG

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.7c3dcfa6df89b216e4af69dff90f6198.PNG

Please notice 24 hours history based on saved logs in event panel. If you have devices that excluded from saving logs,  their events are not available.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Guest cag014

Posted (edited)

I know... but you do have devices included in HCL which have mirrored in HC2, correct?

Edited by cag014

4 minutes ago, cag014 said:

I know... but you do have devices included in HCL which have mirrored in HC2, correct?

Exactly. I have 198 devices (which have "parentid":1)  included in main network in HC2 and 31 devices (which have "parentid":0) included in HCL end "mirrored" to HC2.

Great... so in 31 devices of HCL which mirrored in HC2, how master device in HCL looks in HC2 devices?

To me it looks like master devices aren't mirrored in HC2...

5 minutes ago, cag014 said:

To me it looks like master devices aren't mirrored in HC2...

Exactly

Accordingly, the endpoint hierarchy not displayed/mirrored too

Знімок екрана 2020-04-01 о 17.05.17.png

Could you please post devices list of HCL also.

I'll try to use it as cross reference to understand how mesh routes seen by HC2

Thanks

I'm trying to analyze your files, but looks like there is some missing info:

You have sent follow device from HC2 (which defined in HCL)

{"id":1152,"name":"ХВС кухня","roomID":42,"type":"com.fibaro.binarySwitch","baseType":"com.fibaro.actor","enabled":true,"visible":true,"isPlugin":false,"parentId":0,"remoteGatewayId":2,"remoteDeviceID":22,"interfaces":["deviceGrouping","fibaroFirmwareUpdate","remoteGateway","zwave","zwaveMultiChannelAssociation"],"properties":{"categories":"[\"lights\"]","configured":true,"dead":"false","deadReason":"","deviceControlType":"20","deviceGroup":"[]","deviceGroupMaster":"0","deviceIcon":"2","emailNotificationID":"0","emailNotificationType":"0","endPointId":"0","firmwareUpdate":"{\"info\":\"\",\"progress\":0,\"status\":\"UpToDate\",\"updateVersion\":\"1.41\"}","log":"","logTemp":"","manufacturer":"","markAsDead":"true","model":"","nodeId":"11","parameters":[],"parametersTemplate":"0","pollingTimeSec":0,"productInfo":"1,121,0,33,0,17,1,41","pushNotificationID":"0","pushNotificationType":"0","remoteGatewayId":"0","saveLogs":"true","serialNumber":"","smsNotificationID":"0","smsNotificationType":"0","updateVersion":"","useTemplate":"false","userDescription":"","value":"false","zwaveCompany":"ConnectHome","zwaveInfo":"3,4,5","zwaveVersion":"1.41"},"actions":{"abortUpdate":1,"reconfigure":0,"retryUpdate":1,"startUpdate":1,"turnOff":0,"turnOn":0,"updateFirmware":1},"created":1585654107,"modified":1585654107,"sortOrder":725}

As you can see there is a field:  "remoteDeviceID":22,

But looking on all devices in HC2 that you sent, this device doesn't have this field!? Totally confusing

There are some other inaccuracy...

Although the mesh data couldn't be retrieved from HCL, but I do interesting to include HCL devices in the activity list.

Meanwhile try below (w/o HCL devices)

Z-Range analyzer_v1.3.txt

On 1/27/2020 at 4:51 PM, johndeere said:

Well, still struggling with reconfiguration... As I expected, the number of empty routes is growing after each reconfiguration...

image.png.4a242bcf125cf9fe0bcea28ea1cf1400.png

I'm afraid if I continue reconfiguring, I will have more bad routes than good ones, and my Z-wave network will crash...

Hi Folks! Glad to see you all here again :)

I started deleting devices to get rid of the problem above, but the number of routing table errors is growing. Anyone facing the same problem since January? :)

I noticed one error has dissapeared, but others have shown up...

image.png.14354fbb3e3e3e25978433ac57eefc83.png

Edited by johndeere

It means that you still have devices in routes which no longer exists in the system (excluded or re-included)

Did you exclude these devices (or re-include)

2 hours ago, cag014 said:

It means that you still have devices in routes which no longer exists in the system (excluded or re-included)

Did you exclude these devices (or re-include)

Yes, I excluded most of them with the specified option in the UI.  I excluded them several times to make sure they wont leave any traces behind in the system.

I also hard reset the sensors after that - but this step doesn't affect the HC2.

I wonder if anyone had similar problems before, or if there was any solution for it. Fibaro experts tried to solve it by logging into my system, but without any luck. I was promised they will find a solution, and I'm sure they are trying their best, however I'm not sure I can afford to wait any longer.

If I re-include these sensors into the system, they will get different IDs, so I'm afraid that won't help removing those empty routes... But I will try it out.

HC2 should remove excluded items from routing table upon exclusion...

I'm afraid I will have to reinstall the whole system from scratch, when I will have the time for it. Can you suggest a tutorial somewhere here in the forum on how to save (export) everything possible to be exported and reused? Rooms, scenes, settings... so that I minimize the time required for installation. Thank you...

Guest cag014

Posted (edited)

Do you experience any delays or system freeze?

If not, I don't think you need to reinstall even if you have many devices that not exist in the system but appear in mesh route.

In reality the devices will choose available mesh route by ignoring of non-exist devices.

Edited by cag014

17 hours ago, cag014 said:

If not, I don't think you need to reinstall

I fully agree with that...

On 5/9/2020 at 3:46 PM, johndeere said:

how to save (export) everything possible to be exported and reused?

If you want a friendly GUI:

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 12:41 AM, cag014 said:

If not, I don't think you need to reinstall even if you have many devices that not exist in the system but appear in mesh route.

In reality the devices will choose available mesh route by ignoring of non-exist devices.

I experience a lot of delays sometimes. System freeze happens only rarely and only while upgrading versions.

I'm experiencing the following problems for more than a year:

- sensors stuck in safe or breached status: Fibaro door and motion, AoT 6Sensor, Aot TriSensor, all doing the same randomly. I reconfigured many times all of them, found that this does not help. However, many times soft reconfiguration results in lost ID, lost name, more empty woutes in routing table.

- sensors stuck in one status: I see a message "transfer failed", sometimes right after "transfer OK", sometimes only "trandfer failed". I don't understand, if a sensor or HC2 is able to acknowledge "transfer failed" message, than why can't it send the correct status change with the same energy in the same time?

- alarm panel "Panic action" dissapeared when I got that recalled FW upgrade from Fibaro, and nobody could fix it over since. Not even Fibaro, nor any later FW upgrade.

- random sensors randomly armed sometimes when system restart or backup + restart. I always have to check if all sensors are disarmed after restart.

- I have block scenes which arm and disarm all sensors. These scenes sometimes "forget" to arm or disarm a sensor randomly. Tha same scene then works perfectly for a few times, then sometimes randomly forgets to act on a sensor... I don't know if there is a way to look deeper into logs to see what the hell is really happening behind the scenes. I clearly see that the randomly selected and ignored sensor is not armed or disarmed, it does not even appear in the alarm panel log.

- sensors not using repeaters and stick to the HC2 directly, even if they are far or many walls between... Even after I remove the sensor from system, then I add it again - I have to be next to HC2 to add it - then I take the sensor to its location, but does not use repeaters. OK, I know, zniffer and such...

- once it happened that during backup I lost ALL my backups stored in the internal USB drive. I had plenty of free space, and only 15-20 backups, but I lost them all during a backup...

I started excluding sensors to see if the problems still presist with fewer devices. But I ended up with more empty routes in routing table. I used release FW versions, and yesterday I upgraded to the latest beta, but the issues are the same.

Believe me, the last thing I want is to start all over again...

I also thought I may exclude all devices, then add them again - but that might not solve the corrupted routing table. What do you think?

Edited by johndeere

18 hours ago, petergebruers said:

I fully agree with that...

If you want a friendly GUI:

Thank you very much, I will look into it. Looks useful. I'm only restarting from scratch if I don't have any other chioce. I mentioned my problems in detail in my previous post.

18 minutes ago, johndeere said:

What do you think?

You need Zniffer. Only Zniffer can help you. That's my opinion based on your symptoms and what everyone with a Zniffer tells me. I haven't had a problem I couldn't diagnose since I own a Zniffer. Never did a full reinstall again because I now understand what is happening. It takes effort to learn this tool, but so does a complete reinstall.

Guest cag014

Posted

9 hours ago, johndeere said:
On 5/10/2020 at 1:41 AM, cag014 said:

I experience a lot of delays sometimes. System freeze happens only rarely and only while upgrading versions.

You can try Z-wave monitor to see if you zwave is overwhelmed by unnecessary traffic .

Guest amilanov

Posted

22 hours ago, johndeere said:

Thank you very much, I will look into it. Looks useful. I'm only restarting from scratch if I don't have any other chioce. I mentioned my problems in detail in my previous post.

I agree with @petergebruers, you should buy a zniffer and read this post first before you do a complete rebuild:

I have brought my system back from the "dead" by following the steps listed in the post above.

Hi guys,

please let me know your opinion. The more items I unpair - re add to my HC2 the more dead nodes appear in my routing table. I'm trying to make my network reliable. I have a dozen of repeaters, I keep track of mesh routing, but I

Would you start all setup from scratch if you were facing the problems I do?

image.png.562f0586bf66d1b4b81132fdc191cb7c.png

No, It's just shows that you have deleted the devices in the list (or re-included) and they are still part of route table for others.

You can try to re-route the entire mesh network (tales a while) or re-route devices where devices in the list are part of the route.

Do not start from scratch, the mesh will find on line the best route to the controller.

18 hours ago, cag014 said:

No, It's just shows that you have deleted the devices in the list (or re-included) and they are still part of route table for others.

You can try to re-route the entire mesh network (tales a while) or re-route devices where devices in the list are part of the route.

Do not start from scratch, the mesh will find on line the best route to the controller.

Thanks for your comment.

Actually these dead routes appear randomly. My system still behaves weird. At the moment I'm facing a problem that I cannot remove a motion sensor. System says it was removed, but the device is still present. I can re-include it, and appears as a new device, but the old one cannot be removed. Only with force remove.

The other weird thing was when I removed a device, it randomly removed another device too...

My old issues are also present, stuck sensors, random arming of random sensors after backup or restart...

Edited by johndeere

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

Thanks for your comment.

Actually these dead routes appear randomly. My system still behaves weird. At the moment I'm facing a problem that I cannot remove a motion sensor. System says it was removed, but the device is still present. I can re-include it, and appears as a new device, but the old one cannot be removed. Only with force remove.

The other weird thing was when I removed a device, it randomly removed another device too...

My old issues are also present, stuck sensors, random arming of random sensors after backup or restart...

It is may be a good idea to reset Z-wave...

Good luck

35 minutes ago, cag014 said:

It is may be a good idea to reset Z-wave...

Good luck

Does resetting Z-wave clear all dead routes?

Now I restarted my NC2 and again a random sensor was armed... But this is a different problem.

As many of usI faced the problem z-wave mesh..l'Il start from the beginning

I hope this experience would help some body...

A.

everything was running smoothly, i used the Scene SanityCheck.1.5.1, ad adopted suggestions to reduce traffic.

B.

three days later I was changing a lamp, I did not check if switch was off, and.... while tightening the new lamp something wrong in the lamp holder...., power off and the FGS223 Fibaro Double Switch, burnt.

i replaced it with a new one (obviously I had not in stock!... Amazon provided the new in 24 hr)

C.

I run the Mesh Network configuration and thereafter the z-range test ver. 1.3, and I got information that old ID (the faulty one) was still around in the list of the "neighborList" of three devices (both AC powered). 
From the Fibaro Sistem API, I found that
"neighborListRequestStatusof some of them was Pending and one was Error.

D.

Tried to run a Soft reconfiguration and one of was running configuration "ad libitum". No chance to stop it (soft restart, power off/on of HC2, it not responding to hard reconfig....) furthermore it was stopping all other activities with the config or recovery of other Devices. By time being the system was working, including connections with Google Home.

E.

I decided to remove and add again two devices, I succeded after many attempts (the small B-button Grrrr), to remove two out of three (the third one was the new one, I supposed that once solved the old problem it would be fixed smoothly)

F.

Having configured both, I run again the Mesh Network, one device was ok, but the one which was hanging already before again did not want to updated the new "neighborList".

E.

As this was a little bit lazy to wake up, I changed the procedure: I removed and added the third one which was in stand by, than I removed added the lazy one...

F.

Run Mesh Network configuration, also the lazy one this time provided updating!

all run smoothly, no other warning from z-range test.

You will note that my network is 45 devices only, the HC2 is in the center of Home and all devices comunicate directly with it!
There are no tools/scenes which can be programmed with LUA, and i think that also Fibaro cannot provide: patience without limits

I would thank @cag014, @tinman and @petergebruers, your advice, and Scenes, were really helpful in understanding how to get around the problem.

Edited by Giovanni_Genoa
  • Thanks 3