Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SDK for remote and offline HC3 development

jgab

@jgab

here is error in fibaroapiHC3C:

Please login or register to see this code.

My setup:

• Topic Author
  • 14 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

@jgab

here is error in fibaroapiHC3C:

My setup:

You need to move the hc3_emulator.FILE("QA_Hue_F_Tools.lua","HueTools") outside the header.

The reason is that I load the code with hc3_emulator not defined (once) - and then hc3_emulator.FILE is of course not defined.

I will come up with a better syntax to list files to be included and that can be used in the header.

• Topic Author
  • 29 minutes ago, jgab said:

I will come up with a better syntax to list files to be included and that can be used in the header.

Ok, now you can write

--FILE:<file name>,<module name>;

The old model, hc3_emulator.FILE(<file name>,<module name>) is still supported but will be phased out...

Edited by jgab

40 minutes ago, jgab said:

Ok, now you can write

--FILE:<file name>,<module name>;

The old model, hc3_emulator.FILE(<file name>,<module name>) is still supported but will be phased out...

@jgabsame error for your syntax above

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, petrkl12 said:

@jgabsame error for your syntax above

Ok, new version uploaded.

I'm a bit picky when it comes to how the header should be formatted because I need to grab it with a pattern.

It should look like

if dofile ....

:

end

So the 'if dofile' should start the line and end at the first 'end' that starts a line.

I give a better error message now if I can't match the header....

(I loaded in 100 copies of the ER4 QA and they run really smooth - in parallell :-) )

for i=1,100 do

hc3_emulator.loadQA('EventRunner4.lua"):install()

end

@jgab a bit progress :)

but some errors:

1. it looks there is not item viewLayout after calling local data=api.get('/devices/'..tostring(thisDeviceID))

2. this also doesn't work

• Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, petrkl12 said:

@jgab a bit progress :)

but some errors:

1. it looks there is not item viewLayout after calling local data=api.get('/devices/'..tostring(thisDeviceID))

2. this also doesn't work

It's a bit of a hack but it's still possible to do it.

The match is different. To make it compatible between the emulator and HC3 the patterns needs to look like ':(%d+)' and ":(%d+):(.*)"

However, I believe that the HC3 have become a bit better so if you throw an error within the patched setTimeout you get a reasonable line number...

19 minutes ago, jgab said:

It's a bit of a hack but it's still possible to do it.

The match is different. To make it compatible between the emulator and HC3 the patterns needs to look like ':(%d+)' and ":(%d+):(.*)"

However, I believe that the HC3 have become a bit better so if you throw an error within the patched setTimeout you get a reasonable line number...

thanks, line is not correct but it's not a problem

[ERROR] Error in fibaro.setTimeout (line:-32): attempt to index a nil value (field 'viewLayout')

in res there is "[string \"QA_Hue_F_Menu.lua\"]:86: attempt to index a nil value (field 'viewLayout')"

but bigger problem is this:

Edited by petrkl12

• Topic Author
  • 5 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

[ERROR] Error in fibaro.setTimeout (line:-32): attempt to index a nil value (field 'viewLayout')

in res there is "[string \"QA_Hue_F_Menu.lua\"]:86: attempt to index a nil value (field 'viewLayout')"

but bigger problem is this:

Uploaded  a new version that creates a .viewLayout from the provided UI. It should work now.

• Topic Author
  • 12 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

Yes, but the patch of setTimeout to report the line number is not needed anymore as both the emulator and the HC3 report the right line number these days.

The above code works both in the emulator and the HC3 but the cline fetched is always the right so line is always 0

39 minutes ago, jgab said:

Yes, but the patch of setTimeout to report the line number is not needed anymore as both the emulator and the HC3 report the right line number these days.

The above code works both in the emulator and the HC3 but the cline fetched is always the right so line is always 0

thanks, corrected

54 minutes ago, jgab said:

Uploaded  a new version that creates a .viewLayout from the provided UI. It should work now.

it's created but this is empty:

data.properties.viewLayout["$jason"].body.sections.items

and it shoudn't

• Topic Author
  • 11 hours ago, petrkl12 said:

thanks, corrected

it's created but this is empty:

data.properties.viewLayout["$jason"].body.sections.items

and it shoudn't

If you have a QA emulator file (with a header), you need to define the UI in the header too.

It will not fetch the viewLayout from a QA running in the HC3.

If it's an existing QA, like your Hue QA I would recommend to convert the viewLayout to an UI struct and include it in the file.

I uploaded a new version where you can do

...and paste it into the header as the UI element.

(the format is not as compact as it could be...)

An  alternative:

What you can do is to save the QA on the HC3 as a "unpacked file"

If you QA on the HC3 has the deviceID 77 and name "MyQA"  run this

hc3_emulator.loadQA(77):save("unpacked","faqs/")

It will create a couple of files

faqs/QA_77_MyQA.json

faqs/QA_77_MyQA_main.lua

: -- other module as files

Then make a file and run

It will load and install the "unpacked" files.

You can then open faqs/QA_77_MyQA_main.lua etc and set breakpoints and step through them

I will come back with more information on what file formats are supported.

18 minutes ago, jgab said:

If you have a QA emulator file (with a header), you need to define the UI in the header too.

OK

but if I want to use device from HC3 without define header how to do it?

That a reson why I have in definition QA id (523) -  hc3_emulator={id=523,quickApp=true,poll=1500}

• Topic Author
  • 50 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

OK

but if I want to use device from HC3 without define header how to do it?

That a reson why I have in definition QA id (523) -  hc3_emulator={id=523,quickApp=true,poll=1500}

So 523 is a proxy on the HC3 where you edit the UI? and as long as you connect to an existing proxy (523) you want the viewLayout from the proxy instead of the UI in the emulator file?

If the proxy is deleted you loose the GUI?

If so, let me think about how to do that...

Edited by jgab

My case is about that I want to use everything from HC3 - it means everything from QA id 523 (existing QA in HC3) and also other APIs like list of all other devices, reading variables etc.

Same function as you have in "old" fibaroapiHC3 :)

Thanks

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

My case is about that I want to use everything from HC3 - it means everything from QA id 523 (existing QA in HC3) and also other APIs like list of all other devices, reading variables etc.

Thanks

You can always save the QA as a "unpacked" QA as shown in a previous post and debug this files.

• Topic Author
  • 19 minutes ago, petrkl12 said:

Thanks

Is 523 the a proxy or the real QA?

If its the real QA you don't get any callbacks? buttons , fibaro.calls from other QAs etc?

523 is the real QA.

Currently it's enough for me just redirect all read/write operations to HC3 from SDK

Prefect feature could be detect events (ie.press buttons) from that real QA to your SDK.

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, petrkl12 said:

523 is the real QA.

Currently it's enough for me just redirect all read/write operations to HC3 from SDK

Prefect feature could be detect events (ie.press buttons) from that real QA to your SDK.

That's the point with the proxy.

The emulator can automatically install a proxy on the HC3 that looks like your real QA.

However it will send all events back to the emulator version of the QA.

That means that if you click on buttons/sliders in the proxy UI on the HC3 the button handlers in your emulated version of the QA is called.

If some other QA/Scene calls your QA on the HC3 with fibaro.call(523,"turnOn") that is sent back to the emulator and calls the QuickApp:turnOn function there. This is the real advantage of the emulated model. Then when it works you choose the "deploy QA" menu option and the real QA is deployed to the HC3 with all the files.

You don't need to specify the deviceID 523 in the header to achieve what you need.

9 hours ago, jgab said:

That's the point with the proxy.

The emulator can automatically install a proxy on the HC3 that looks like your real QA.

However it will send all events back to the emulator version of the QA.

That means that if you click on buttons/sliders in the proxy UI on the HC3 the button handlers in your emulated version of the QA is called.

If some other QA/Scene calls your QA on the HC3 with fibaro.call(523,"turnOn") that is sent back to the emulator and calls the QuickApp:turnOn function there. This is the real advantage of the emulated model. Then when it works you choose the "deploy QA" menu option and the real QA is deployed to the HC3 with all the files.

You don't need to specify the deviceID 523 in the header to achieve what you need.

What I will do though is that if you have a proxy, you can edit the UI on the proxy and force that definition to be used by the emulated QA.

Edited by jgab

• Topic Author
  • This is cool.

In ZBS user or system preferences, set:

Then run something like

It will download QuickApp with deviceId 47, unpack it in directory /fqas and stop the debugger when it enter the QA's :onInit and open the file in a new ZBS buffer....  and then it's just to step through and debug...

Edited by jgab