Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

@jgabI want to creat a quickapp with more child devices looks like Single-point switch,Is there a portable way?Thank you!

Edited by lux

• Topic Author
  • 16 hours ago, lux said:

@jgabI want to creat a quickapp with more child devices looks like Single-point switch,Is there a portable way?Thank you!

Eh, I think I need more info - can you describe in more details what you have in mind?

If you wan't to create one QA that controls other (child) QAs, you should as in

Please login or register to see this link.

If it's to control child devices from ER, this is the place - but I need more info. 

• Topic Author
  • I pushed v0.994 with support for creating children.

Ex.

Please login or register to see this code.

You define children with child(<uid>,<name>,<type>), if child already exists this does nothing.

after all children are defined you call initChildren()

This will create variables of the uids bound to the device ids

It will also create a variable <uid>_D that is the child device object.

When buttons are called on the child device it will generate #UI events, that you map to what should happen. In this case we update the value prop using the child object to true/false which is expected from a binarySwitch.

When the child changes value prop we of course get an  :isOn trigger we can act on.

If you remove the rule defining the child (ID1 in this case), the child device is removed too when ER is restarted.

This makes it easy to create extra "GUI" devices for ER.

Soon I will come with an update to improve the usage of child devices in ER (already realised that interfaces were missing)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jgab said:

I pushed v0.994 with support for creating children.

Ex.

You define children with child(<uid>,<name>,<type>), if child already exists this does nothing.

after all children are defined you call initChildren()

This will create variables of the uids bound to the device ids

It will also create a variable <uid>_D that is the child device object.

When buttons are called on the child device it will generate #UI events, that you map to what should happen. In this case we update the value prop using the child object to true/false which is expected from a binarySwitch.

When the child changes value prop we of course get an  :isOn trigger we can act on.

If you remove the rule defining the child (ID1 in this case), the child device is removed too when ER is restarted.

This makes it easy to create extra "GUI" devices for ER.

Soon I will come with an update to improve the usage of child devices in ER (already realised that interfaces were missing)

Interesting idea. could you share the examples of use cases?

• Topic Author
  • 3 hours ago, petrkl12 said:

Interesting idea. could you share the examples of use cases?

If you need an on/off switch to control some rules it's easy to define a binarySwitch QA to be the GUI.

Now this is just for predefined QA types but I could add the possibility to create a custom UI I guess...

• Thanks 1

@jgabthank you! This is a better idea. I am considering building another quickapp and children use eventrun rules but not build in eventrun. Can it be realized?

Another question is whether this function can be integrated, or there is a better way. This is to get a single ID, or perhaps an array ID

Ext: It looks too long
    room804_lamps = {getID('floorname1','roomame','devicename'),getID('floorname2','roomame','devicename')}

Edited by lux

On 1/7/2023 at 10:05 AM, jgab said:

So, this I think is better. It handles custom report times better.

rule("@21:00 => post(#timeReport{reset=true})") will log a report at 21:00 and reset the sum counters.

rule("@21:00 => post(#timeReport{reset=false})") will report without resetting the counters.

You could do a 

rule("497:off => post(#timeReport{reset=false})") to trigger a report every time you turn off the light  and see if it sums correctly.

To do it for power usage you need to have the power usage x time, so if you have the time? I believe that @fastvd has experimented with power consumptions...

This rule only differs between on and off. I have a Shelly plug that records TV consumption 24/7. About 5W in stand-by.

Is it possible to record the time when the Shelly plug consumption is > 75 W?

rule("#timeDevices:power>75 => lastOn[env.event.id]=now") doesn´t work

Do you have an example for me?

• Topic Author
  • On 2/21/2023 at 3:09 PM, lux said:

@jgabthank you! This is a better idea. I am considering building another quickapp and children use eventrun rules but not build in eventrun. Can it be realized?

Another question is whether this function can be integrated, or there is a better way. This is to get a single ID, or perhaps an array ID

Ext: It looks too long
    room804_lamps = {getID('floorname1','roomame','devicename'),getID('floorname2','roomame','devicename')}

It's questionable if it's worthwhile to create the map tables - because you create new ones for every call. Only if you create the tables once outside the function so they are reused. Like this

However, if you move around devices you need to recreate the map.

If you don't call it millions of times I would do it simpler and skip the map tables

• Topic Author
  • On 2/24/2023 at 10:15 AM, KaWi said:

This rule only differs between on and off. I have a Shelly plug that records TV consumption 24/7. About 5W in stand-by.

Is it possible to record the time when the Shelly plug consumption is > 75 W?

rule("#timeDevices:power>75 => lastOn[env.event.id]=now") doesn´t work

Do you have an example for me?

It's a bit more complex as power is reported every time it changes - not only when it changes > 75.

I think this could be the way - it still works with several power plus. If it's only one device the code can be much simpler

Edited by jgab

@jgabDo I need to add this to eventrun.lua or main.lua

• Topic Author
  • 10 minutes ago, lux said:

@jgabDo I need to add this to eventrun.lua or main.lua

In main, add it inside function QuickApp:main(), somewhere before you define the rules

@jgabI will try this ,thank you , a question is : if i user quick app add Relay switch , the device not recognized in  homeassistant , but i add device switch , it will recognized,Is there any way to solve this problem , Thank you!

I use this generation the device:

Edited by lux

@jgab

it can't work ! need help ! thank you

Edited by lux

• Topic Author
  • 6 minutes ago, lux said:

@jgab

it can't work ! need help ! thank you

Sorry, it should be

and it returns a table of devices so just

lamps = getID(...) 

34 minutes ago, lux said:

@jgabI will try this ,thank you , a question is : if i user quick app add Relay switch , the device not recognized in  homeassistant , but i add device switch , it will recognized,Is there any way to solve this problem , Thank you!

I use this generation the device:

You mean a com.fibaro.multilevelSwitch ?

If it's not recognised by homeassistant it's not so much that can be done on the HC3 side because you need to communicate the selected value somehow.

@jgabthank you very much ! i try again! now it like this!

Edited by lux

On 2/25/2023 at 10:03 AM, jgab said:

It's a bit more complex as power is reported every time it changes - not only when it changes > 75.

I think this could be the way - it still works with several power plus. If it's only one device the code can be much simpler

Hi @jgab

It doesn´t work. It gives me an error

[26.02.2023] [10:38:27] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP1093]:

Sunday, February 26, ER uptime:0 hours Sunrise:07:21, Sunset:17:57 #Events handled :1 ,#Events matched:1 #Rules succeeded:0 ,#Rules false:0 #Rules error :0 Memory:1107.8kb [100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%]

[26.02.2023] [10:38:44] [ERROR] [QUICKAPP1093]: in Rule:4[timeDevices:power & powerLimit(env.event.id) > PLIMIT => lastOn[env.event.id]=n...]: ./include/EventRunner.lua:1802: ./include/main.lua:220: attempt to compare number with boolean

[26.02.2023] [10:38:45] [ERROR] [QUICKAPP1093]: in Rule:5[timeDevices:power & powerLimit(env.event.id) <= PLIMIT => sumOn[env.event.id]= s...]: ./include/EventRunner.lua:1802: ./include/main.lua:220: attempt to compare number with boolean

What can i do?

• Topic Author
  • On 2/26/2023 at 10:46 AM, KaWi said:

Hi @jgab

It doesn´t work. It gives me an error

[26.02.2023] [10:38:27] [DEBUG] [QUICKAPP1093]:

Sunday, February 26, ER uptime:0 hours Sunrise:07:21, Sunset:17:57 #Events handled :1 ,#Events matched:1 #Rules succeeded:0 ,#Rules false:0 #Rules error :0 Memory:1107.8kb [100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%]

[26.02.2023] [10:38:44] [ERROR] [QUICKAPP1093]: in Rule:4[timeDevices:power & powerLimit(env.event.id) > PLIMIT => lastOn[env.event.id]=n...]: ./include/EventRunner.lua:1802: ./include/main.lua:220: attempt to compare number with boolean

[26.02.2023] [10:38:45] [ERROR] [QUICKAPP1093]: in Rule:5[timeDevices:power & powerLimit(env.event.id) <= PLIMIT => sumOn[env.event.id]= s...]: ./include/EventRunner.lua:1802: ./include/main.lua:220: attempt to compare number with boolean

What can i do?

Sorry, my fingers were too fast. I updated the previous post with a fix.

On 2/25/2023 at 10:03 AM, jgab said:

Hi Jan,

Sorry, but it doesn´t work. I still got the error that attempt to compare number with boolean.

I just have some time in the office 😉and I have now used the following: 

PLIMIT = 75
      local powers = {}
      function powerLimit(id,dflt) -- return power when power goes over or under PLIMIT, otherwise return false
        dflt = dflt or math.maxinteger
        local pow = fibaro.getValue(id,'power')
        if powers[id] ~= tonumber(pow > PLIMIT) then 
          powers[id]= tonumber(pow > PLIMIT)
          return pow
        else return dflt end
      end

This works perfectly. 

Thanks for your help 👍

Hi there

I am new to the HC3 and to the forum, so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere in this 200+ page topic ;) I have read as much as I could and am not sure of the answer... 

Context: I have two split system ACs in an area of my house that is frequently damp, they are wifi-enabled and report, among other things, indoor humidity via a QuickApp. When the humidity crosses above a threshold, I want to get a notification on my phone. However, I want to rate limit the notifications so they are not just continuously flooding my phone every time the sensor is polled (which another QuickApp, for Daikin integration, does every so often, I don't know the exact frequency but it's fairly frequent). 

I have this rule (x2)

(the alerting is different to the examples here but I couldn't get the phone:msg syntax working, so I copied that from a LUA scene)

This is fine except when the humidity is close to 80%, which causse the sensor reading to cross 80% repeatedly in a short time (80, 75, 80, 75... etc). Is there a way I can get a notification when the sensor crosses 80% the first time, and then only once per x minutes while the humidity remains high?

I've seen the examples using again() but it doesn't seem to be quite what I want since I don't want the x minute delay on the first notification. I'm not clear if I use wait() at the end of the rule, whether it will block the rule from getting triggered again while it's waiting?

A second question - I have 2 of these ACs (front room and back room). Currently I just have two separate rules but is there a clever way to collapse them into one rule, so that it triggers when either goes above the threshold, but then the timer applies to both after that (the rooms are next to each other, the humidity is obviously correlated). 

Thanks!

Edited by bonhomme

• Topic Author
  • On 3/3/2023 at 7:11 AM, bonhomme said:

Hi there

I am new to the HC3 and to the forum, so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere in this 200+ page topic ;) I have read as much as I could and am not sure of the answer... 

Context: I have two split system ACs in an area of my house that is frequently damp, they are wifi-enabled and report, among other things, indoor humidity via a QuickApp. When the humidity crosses above a threshold, I want to get a notification on my phone. However, I want to rate limit the notifications so they are not just continuously flooding my phone every time the sensor is polled (which another QuickApp, for Daikin integration, does every so often, I don't know the exact frequency but it's fairly frequent). 

I have this rule (x2)

(the alerting is different to the examples here but I couldn't get the phone:msg syntax working, so I copied that from a LUA scene)

This is fine except when the humidity is close to 80%, which causse the sensor reading to cross 80% repeatedly in a short time (80, 75, 80, 75... etc). Is there a way I can get a notification when the sensor crosses 80% the first time, and then only once per x minutes while the humidity remains high?

I've seen the examples using again() but it doesn't seem to be quite what I want since I don't want the x minute delay on the first notification. I'm not clear if I use wait() at the end of the rule, whether it will block the rule from getting triggered again while it's waiting?

A second question - I have 2 of these ACs (front room and back room). Currently I just have two separate rules but is there a clever way to collapse them into one rule, so that it triggers when either goes above the threshold, but then the timer applies to both after that (the rooms are next to each other, the humidity is obviously correlated). 

Thanks!

You could do

The 'once' part will only be true when you cross 75 but it will not send a message unless value >= 80

You want the combined above rule? The below could work... We only get a message when one of them goes over 80.

There are 2 different ways for the push message depending on what id you have. See

Edited by jgab